+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Whitney - South Pacific

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Whitney - South Pacific

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Country singer who people talk down to...who woulda guessed!
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    What does that mean?
    Lots of people stereotype country folks and country singers as dumb.... And she's blonde on top of that, so I'm guessing she meets a lot of people who think she isn't too bright.
    These days that seems likely to BE less of a concern for her than those who will talk down to her because they dislike her moral code (the alleged cheating on her new husband while on the island thing).

I watched the film clips of Whitney at the Ponderosa, and she all but confirmed that she was in a relationship when she went on Survivor. She first said that there was someone special back home, and later said that she had a boyfriend back home. Both of these comments were made when talking about how she started to have feelings for Keith.

I guess that that wouldn't be such a terrible thing - IF both Dawn and Cochran HAD NOT said that Whitney was "getting it on" with Keith while the rest of them were trying to sleep close by. Since this information came from TWO people on her tribe, I am going to guess that it is reliable. Just saying.... This certainly doesn't jive with the image that Whitney was trying to portray in her "bio" above, especially given who she listed as someone that has inspired her. And I am not talking about Elvis either.
    sparklete likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

She's lucky she wasn't on Brandon's tribe or he would have tried to drive her out as a "scarlet woman"!
    Kocky_Kamikaze and lopevian like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    I watched the film clips of Whitney at the Ponderosa, and she all but confirmed that she was in a relationship when she went on Survivor. She first said that there was someone special back home, and later said that she had a boyfriend back home. Both of these comments were made when talking about how she started to have feelings for Keith.

I guess that that wouldn't be such a terrible thing - IF both Dawn and Cochran HAD NOT said that Whitney was "getting it on" with Keith while the rest of them were trying to sleep close by. Since this information came from TWO people on her tribe, I am going to guess that it is reliable. Just saying.... This certainly doesn't jive with the image that Whitney was trying to portray in her "bio" above, especially given who she listed as someone that has inspired her. And I am not talking about Elvis either.
    I can make that "3 people" said that Whitney and Keith were "getting it on" in the shelter. Dawn's mother told my friend that Dawn said it also.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I can make that "3 people" said that Whitney and Keith were "getting it on" in the shelter. Dawn's mother told my friend that Dawn said it also.
    I'm so grossed out if this is true. I mean, take the whole 'other relationship' of Whitney's out of the equation, and it's still disgusting. Self-respecting, decent people should be able to control their urges for 39 freaking days. Less than that, since they were both rejected before day 39. If you can't control yourself, go somewhere away from everybody else and take care of your business. Not in the same shelter with a third person, or wherever it was that everybody knew exactly what was going on. Geeeez. I can't figure some people out.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Lots of people stereotype country folks and country singers as dumb.... And she's blonde on top of that, so I'm guessing she meets a lot of people who think she isn't too bright.
    These days that seems likely to BE less of a concern for her than those who will talk down to her because they dislike her moral code (the alleged cheating on her new husband while on the island thing).
    I think both are still there.
    I hate stereotypes, and it's unfortunate to see someone perpetuate one.
    As for her moral code, find me someone who thinks cheating on a person that you have committed your life to is a good, kind, and thoughtful thing to do. I hope no one.
    She can be nasty, vile, and a cheater and dumb and a ditz. That's her right, and I can contest that she isn't the "good person" she claims to be... that's mine.

From what I have seen of her on television she has no class,brains or talent (pretty country singers than can play simple chords are ten to a penny)

The only reason Whitney had a breakdown at the 'Cochran flip' tribal was because she wished shed done that move herself.

I hope her ex hubby finds a girl thats worth being with.
    AZChristian and SugarMama like this.
    BIG BROTHER INSTANT CELEBRITY MIX- Just add Fame hungry Idiot.

Warning: Effects may not last.

You know, I'm all for bashing a cheater () but at this point I feel kind of uncomfortable since all I've seen to this point is one article on the situation, and very little comments from friends/family/people involved on either side. It could all be true and worse, but I haven't gone out and read more about the situation so I kind of feel bad for trashing her completely.

Does anyone have any other article links they can PM me? Anything said by her (soon-to-be-ex)husband?

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Doing a quick search, you can find that her and her husband's divorce papers went before a judge November, 2011.

Her apparent explanation is that she fell in love with Keith, didn't expect to, she just happened to be married at the time.
    Here's what bothers me about all of this. She successfully hid her marriage from her family and the media to benefit her career... (runner up to country bachelorette, right?) but she can't control herself for five minutes on national tv. Flaunting your affair (check out the ponderosa clips) is classless and tasteless.
    Anyway, talking about Whitney kind of sickens me, so I'm going to back out of this thread and try to forget about it.
    AmyKay likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    ... Flaunting your affair (check out the ponderosa clips) is classless and tasteless.
    Anyway, talking about Whitney kind of sickens me, so I'm going to back out of this thread and try to forget about it.
    I've not watched any Ponderosa this go round, and perhaps that's a good thing. I sure don't want to see Whitney and Keith. She's just a star wannabe, and I'm sure she's using the Survivor opportunity to boost her singing career (for what that's worth). She's not getting any attention from me other than this post.

strains of "Your Cheatin' Heart" in my head
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast