+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Sophie - South Pacific

Re: Sophie - South Pacific

Sophie reminds me of Princess Whatshername from Shrek. And I don't mean that in a bad way. Congratulations on the win.

FORT Regular

Good for Sophie, and I hope she sticks to her guns and doesn't change herself just because some people don't think she's fluffy enough. I've been in the position where people criticized me for not behaving a certain way (when men who behaved just the same way weren't criticized at all), and it's frustrating and ... well, disgusting. You get called cold or arrogant for not smiling, chatting and flirting, and particularly if you're more introvert than extrovert ... that's just who you are. It's not something you can (or should) change.

Of course she's going to be perceived one way by her alliance and another way by the "outsiders." I've been there--I know how it works. People in your in-group know what a great person you are, but unless the people in the out-group try to get to know you, people who aren't so outgoing get labeled as standoffish or cold or whatever else. And this is especially true for women. Notice how no one went on and on about the arrogance of Coach or Albert or Ozzy (three guys who were 12x as arrogant as Sophie). Just the girl. Because she didn't bake cookies and make friendship bracelets for Whitney et. al.

Anyway, I'm glad she won. Sad that her gameplay had to be called "playing like a man," but even still. Glad.
    AZChristian and SugarMama like this.

If nothing else Sophie will be one of the few doctors graduating from medical school with no debt.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123