Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: John - South Pacific

Re: John - South Pacific

Oh my...THAT Christine...

I still don't recognize her, LOL.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

He seems to be getting a lot of flak for pointing out his own flaws and kind of falling back on them, but I see it differently. By telling people that he's pale, uncoordinated, socially awkward, etc... he's taking away some of the 'sting' when others point it out, and at the same time making it less likely that people will feel the need to tell him how he doesn't measue up, they can just agree with him and move on. He's self aware enough to know how people perceive him and what his strengths and weakness are. Growing up everyone finds different ways to cope with being different, he obviously was picked on and by kinda joining in on the teasing he's sort of removed himself from feeling as bad about it, or at least he's trying to give that impression to the people who are saying these things in hopes that they will just stop as they aren't getting the reaction they want. At least that's how I see it. It doesn't mean that he's not working on trying to overcome some of his shot falls but it's a lot easier to fail at something when you're the only one who knows how hard you were really trying.
    spockwhat and Fanny Mare like this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I also think that he might have feared that being the "Harvard law student" would get him voted out right away...as being too smart and devious (the weasel image)...so he knows he has to convince people he's really hopeless at anything physical....which he may be, but he makes sure they know it.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I also think that he might have feared that being the "Harvard law student" would get him voted out right away
    There's an age old solution to that on Survivor. Lie, lie, lie.

Every time I see the forum "John" I have to stop and say who?
    There's no place like home!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I get the same thing, captain!

I don't know what it is, I don't really wholly like Cochran, but I want to root for the guy. I'm not sure why, since I find him kind of annoying most of the time. But I would love it if he made final three. *shrugs*
    Fanny Mare likes this.

The TV ads for the movie Arthur Christmas - anyone else think the main character looks just like our beloved Cochran? LOL I laugh everytime I see that ad.
    AZChristian and Fanny Mare like this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

A cleaned up Cochran, yes!

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I get the same thing, captain!

I don't know what it is, I don't really wholly like Cochran, but I want to root for the guy. I'm not sure why, since I find him kind of annoying most of the time. But I would love it if he made final three. *shrugs*
    I may have agreed with you on this simply because it would make SO many other people mad.. but after he likened himself to Sharon Tate.. I will NOt be sad to see him go. Sooner rather than later.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    ...I don't know what it is, I don't really wholly like Cochran, but I want to root for the guy. I'm not sure why, since I find him kind of annoying most of the time. But I would love it if he made final three. *shrugs*
    Do you think it's that "underdog status" thing? I'm almost always a sucker for the underdog...when I was young, I was the Smart Girl, completely invisible to everyone (until I grew huge bazonkas at 15, but that's another story), and I'll always remember how hurt I felt being on the outside looking in. I personally think that's why I've supported Cochran...none of these people are saints or have played the game perfectly. I think I'd just love to see the outcast, nerdy guy come out on top for a change. Oh well.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast