• 2 Post By waywyrd
  • 1 Post By VelvetBex
  • 1 Post By Shoepie

Thread: Elyse - South Pacific

Elyse - South Pacific

Name (Age): Elyse Umemoto (27)
    Tribe Designation: Savaii
    Current Residence: Las Vegas

Personal claim to fame: I was the second runner-up to Miss America and I raised my three younger sisters.

Inspiration in life: My Grandma, Viola. God rest her beautiful soul. She taught me three of the most important things I’ll ever learn: how to read, how to pray and how to appreciate music.

Hobbies: Baking cupcakes, amassing useless trivia and quotes and reading memoirs.

Pet peeves: Professional athletes with bad attitudes, wet laundry that doesn’t get moved to the dryer immediately, pretty girls wearing ugly shoes and people who drink decaf.

3 words to describe you: Enchanting, indomitable and spunky!

SURVIVOR contestant you are most like: Brenda from Nicaragua and Parvati. They know what they want and how to get it. They truly understand the social game.

Reason for being on SURVIVOR: I thrive on challenge and the rush of competition. I always push the envelope and my limits. There’s no better avenue to do this than “Survivor.”

Why you think you’ll “survive” SURVIVOR: I’m engaging, personable and a master at reading people. I’m controversial in many ways and I embrace that I’m a “character.” I’m naturally athletic and can seamlessly blend into a group. I radiate confidence and always compete to win.

Why you think you will be the sole SURVIVOR: It’s not just my character traits that make me a winner. It’s literally in my blood to survive. My Japanese grandfather spent his childhood in an internment camp. My German grandmother’s family has strong, long-standing ties with the government and fled immediately before the war. My Native American grandfather was the son of a deaf mute who learned English as a second language on the reservation by age 9. I have a passion for competition and I am the product of generations of TRUE survivors- their strength and resilience are a natural part of who I am.

Survivor: South Pacific Cast: Elyse
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Re: Elyse - South Pacific

If I ever describe myself as "enchanting," I hope someone kicks me.

Though her pet peeves gave me a laugh.
    Shoepie and KatesMom like this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Spunky? shoot me now

Love that she amasses useless trivia.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

I like her - sounds like she's got guts. And I mean REAL guts, not Naonka's version of guts.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

I like her too. She raised her younger sisters, but more importantly, she shares my addiction of shoes.

I know she sounds all nice now but you can bet she will be one of the tanning ladies that does no work around camp.
    nanaslbkp likes this.
    BIG BROTHER INSTANT CELEBRITY MIX- Just add Fame hungry Idiot.

Warning: Effects may not last.

FORT Fogey

People who drink decaf is a pet peeve? How odd.
    nanaslbkp likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, if there's anything to "blood" she's got a good background. And if she really raised her sisters she knows how to work. And if there are any guys out there dumb enough to worked the way Parvati worked them she might have a chance. Overall not liking her too much though...enchanting,etc.
    A dance team manager should be in good physical shape.

FORT Fogey

Many people say they raised their siblings and I wonder what mom and dad would have to say about that. Perhaps she had babysitting duty more than she should. I know it happens in some families, especially with addictions, but I always wonder just how much.

So far, I like her. She's shown competence in the competitions, and a good nature and willingness to work around camp. Not that the show has dwelled on those things, so she might be under radar right now. But I noticed her.

+ Reply to Thread