+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Brandon - South Pacific

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Re: Brandon - South Pacific

Ok, this poor kid is only 19, married with two kids. That's a LOT of responsibility for ANYONE. It sounds like he's had serious anger issues for some time and also has issues with strong women (considering Russell's behaviour, I think Brandon's issues are probably associated with the way he was raised). He's trying to change, by "curing" himself with religion. I respect the fact that he's trying to change, but some serious therapy would be much more beneficial.

That said, I am FURIOUS with TPTB at Survivor who let him through the screening process. It's simply wrong to allow this kid to destroy his life on national TV just to pander to the audience's baser instincts and build ratings. There is such a thing as common decency, plus allowing Brandon through placed others in jeopardy - the kid is obviously not stable.
    sweetpea likes this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Yeah well, welcome to the real world, Brandon! Some people have to learn life's lessons the hard way.

It irritates me how he really thinks he's running things. I do not feel sorry for him one little bit.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie View Post
    Ok, this poor kid is only 19, married with two kids. That's a LOT of responsibility for ANYONE. It sounds like he's had serious anger issues for some time and also has issues with strong women (considering Russell's behaviour, I think Brandon's issues are probably associated with the way he was raised). He's trying to change, by "curing" himself with religion. I respect the fact that he's trying to change, but some serious therapy would be much more beneficial.
    Yes, he is only 19 with 2 kids but, to me, that doesn't excuse his behavior or explain it. Plenty of young people have children who don't act like he does. What does explain it to me is his genes and the environment he was raised in. As one poster said, Troll-ism seems to be part of his character, just like his uncle. His behavior is definitely on the sick, "really needs help" side.

As for his religious feelings and beliefs, I noticed tonight that he seems to like to say "I failed as a Christian." I got the feeling that he thinks all he has to do is verify his feelings of failure and that's that. I don't get that he knows that when you fail, you need to put more effort into changing that. I used to know some Catholics (was my faith) who thought all they had to do was go to confession and all was then ok. Then they'd go out and do the very same things. They and Brandon are missing the point.
    prhoshay and Shoepie like this.

LOL, Dragonlady - I know what you mean. Remember the old bumper sticker "Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven"?

Brandon definitely has some serious issues and it makes me uncomfortable to watch him twisting in the wind. He reminds me of a Christian man I knew who seriously thought that the devil (he referred to him as "fork-foot") was laying traps in his way to tempt him from "the path of righteousness". I'm not against organized religion, but ANYTHING carried to extremes is detrimental.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I wonder if the other tribe knows that Brandon is Russell's nephew? They haven't shown if that information has been passed on to someone on that tribe. I'm anxious to see what their reaction will be to it. They haven't gotten to know him yet or about the drama between him and Mikayla.

Well, it sounds like Mikayla has forgiven him. And, I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt, too. He's just a kid, after all. And, he did darn good in the last challenge - like a bulldog. He probably still has "demons", but he's starting to seem like a good kid.

Fort Member

When I remember the stupid things I did and especially the idiotic things I said when I was 19 I am so gald there were no camera's, recorders or even mobile phones around to preserve it. Working with teenagers you learn that it is always someone elses fault, they rarely take credit for anything they do wrong but instead find ways to blame someone else no matter how obsecure their reasons for blaming them are but would eventually they come around to admitting a wrong, this is what I see in Brandon he needs to find someone else to blame for the way he is feeling be it the girl or the devil it will always be someone or something elses fault.
    Brandon now appears to have clamed down and he did so well in the challange, I still think he is a little nuts, but there has been nuttier people on Survivor, I think he should have watied a little longer to tell them he is Russell's nephew, but again like most his age, I think he needed the drama he thought it would create.
    prhoshay likes this.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

"Lord, help me to not look, help me to not....oh Lord, she's bending forward!...c'mon God, help me to not look, help me to not...mother of mercy now she's bending backwards!...oh, sweet Jesus...help me not to look at this wicked Jezabel woman!". I can't take much more of this. If he's not voted off soon, I'm going to start praying myself.

I love watching Russell even though he's a mean s.o.b. because he's actually playing the game. It's the total opposite with his nephew Brandon. I hate watching him. He sucks at playing the Survivor game and the only reason he's still around is because of Coach. If they lose again it's going to be between him and Edna. Hopefully it's him. He's just too unstable, immature, and he is a liability when the tribes merge.
    pikachu likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I hate it when people keep trying to give people passes because "he's just a kid". They are not helping a not-good situation, at all. If they weren't raised to take responsibility for their actions, they deserve a rude awakening.....not more reason to play "the blame game".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast