+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Albert - South Pacific

Albert - South Pacific

Name (Age): Albert Destrade (26)
    Tribe designation: Upolu
    Current residence: Plantation, Fla

Personal claim to fame: I hit my first college home run off of a guy that was a 1st round draft pick.

Inspiration in life: I'm going to go with the lead character from the movie "Bull Durham." Kevin Costner's "Crash Davis" exemplifies a lot of attributes I can relate to. He is a hero of mine because of how he goes about his business as a ballplayer. He's a life-grinder. Plus, he's colorful and full More...of wisdom.

Hobbies: Poker, writing and exercise.

Pet peeves: I have little to no patience for ignorance. People who are uninformed about something, yet insist to be opinionated about it, really irritate me. I also get bothered by mentally weak people.

3 words to describe you: Versatile, dynamic and resourceful.

SURVIVOR contestant you are most like: I really like how J.T. managed to forge himself as a leader on Season 18 without being overbearing or bossy whatsoever. He commanded respect and led by example.

Reason for being on SURVIVOR: I have a legitimate chance to win one million dollars. Also, I can prove to myself that I can beat all in a game of strength, strategy and will.

Why you think you’ll “survive” SURVIVOR: I was a Division I college athlete as recently as four years ago. I am a tough guy to beat in challenges. I’m a team player and I don’t have a problem contributing to any construction, hunting, fishing or gathering.

Why you think you will be the sole SURVIVOR: I know that I possess a unique combination of attributes that would make me a favorite in this game. I’m athletic and very socially adept. I’m calculated and self-aware. Ultimately, if you combine my awareness, physical strength and social calibration, I bring a lot to the table.

Survivor: South Pacific Cast: Albert
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Re: Albert - South Pacific

No likey this one. Screams tool to me.
    lilcountriegal likes this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Wow... this:

I also get bothered by mentally weak people.

... just irks me. Seems like he is a cross between Russell Hantz and Coach. He'll either irritate people to the max and be an early boot, or be hard to be and hang out a while.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I have a close relative in Plantation...which was named after a sugar plantation I'm told, not an old south cotton one. I agree, baseball AND dating coach? What, he helps his players get dates?

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

He's marvelous eye candy......
    nanaslbkp likes this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

PWS
    FORT Fogey

My relative has actually met him briefly, and said he seemed nice...so I'll hold off judging the baseball/dating coach.

Quote Originally Posted by lilcountriegal View Post
    Wow... this:

I also get bothered by mentally weak people.

... just irks me. Seems like he is a cross between Russell Hantz and Coach. He'll either irritate people to the max and be an early boot, or be hard to be and hang out a while.
    What a tool--for someone so bothered by the "mentally weak" you certainly need a lesson or two in grammar--I also get bothered..? really?

I don't think he means "mentally challenged", but rather people with no internal fortitude. At least, that is the way I take it. We haven't seen a lot of this guy, so maybe he goes far. He is nice to look at

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile View Post
    I don't think he means "mentally challenged", but rather people with no internal fortitude. At least, that is the way I take it. We haven't seen a lot of this guy, so maybe he goes far. He is nice to look at
    I agree with you - that is how I took it as well. We haven't seen much of him, but I was impressed with him at TC last week. Too soon to tell for sure - but I think I like him.

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile View Post
    This is the way I took it as well. I definitely didn't think he was trying to speak negatively of those that are mentally challenged. Considering he seems to be a go getter, I guess he can't stand those that don't have that same mindset.
    MadamePretty

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast