+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Survivor 23–South Pacific: Spoilers/Speculation

Survivor 23–South Pacific: Spoilers/Speculation

This is for spoiler information about the season currently being filmed, to air September 2011. Spoiler tags are not necessary in this thread.
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

Re: Survivor 23–South Pacific: Spoilers/Speculation

The returnee cast members for this season are reported to be Coach Ben Wade and Ozzy Lusth. Coach I can see including for his comic value, but Ozzy? Maybe they'll be filming the whole thing underwater, to take advantage of his swimming abilities? I can't think of any other reason that he would have been chosen.

Very uninspired choices. Deadly dull, in fact.
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

Ugh, no more Coach! And really, I've had enough of Ozzy, though he's much more tolerable than the aforementioned.

What is with all the recycling? Aren't there enough new people interested in being on the show?
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by BritLit View Post
    The returnee cast members for this season are reported to be Coach Ben Wade and Ozzy Lusth. Coach I can see including for his comic value, but Ozzy? Maybe they'll be filming the whole thing underwater, to take advantage of his swimming abilities? I can't think of any other reason that he would have been chosen.

Very uninspired choices. Deadly dull, in fact.
    Ozzy?! Yes! Watch, with my luck, he'll be one of the first to go I doubt we'll be seeing the returnees do as well this time, since the cast will know in advance of the twist, and know how last season turned out. Ozzy physically can be a threat, strategically not so much, so hopefully that helps him last (at least until the jury, he's always been one of my favorite Survivor eye candys). Maybe he learned something from his last 2 attempts at the game. Oh, and I forgot we have RI back. He may become the new Matt if he gets banished out there (minus all the God talk) but will probably be a challenge monster.

I'm not surprised to hear Coach. I figured if Rob or Russell backed out of last season, he was probably the stand by.

What is with all the recycling? Aren't there enough new people interested in being on the show?
    I was wondering if this will be recurring every season now. I'm sure I'm not the only one that sees the need, or the use, for this twist (which I can't even call it a twist). They bring two former contestants back who've played the game multiple times, but didn't win...and then what? What if they start being the first 2 booted off every season? Eventually, like all twists they throw into the game, it'll grow old. It already has.

I think it's time for Survivor to call it quits. It's been on for 22 seasons, and if the last couple seasons haven't been annoying enough, they didn't even learn from their lesson by repeating the dual all star/RI thing. Same with the Amazing Race (allows cheating, final challenge has dumbed down, challenges in general are boring, extremely short, and anticlimatic). The world of TV is messed up... keep reality shows regarless if they're past their prime, cancel the majority of all other non reality shows after 1 season.

Big Brother is the only one that looks like it's trying to salvage itself... Pandora's box and the sabatour are more fresh than anything else. And Solitary, that was an amazing and unique show considering it was a legal version of "SAW"... whoever auditions for that, I swear they are all masochists subconsciously. But like most amazing things, canceled after 4 seasons
    Last edited by Endit; 06-13-2011 at 06:12 AM.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Russell Hantz's 20-year-old nephew, Brandon, is rumored to be on, per survivorfever. Help us all.

Julie Krone, a 47-year-old jockey, was rumored to be on as well but that might have changed.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Whatever happened to the days you could't know anyone associated with the show, either working on it or that had participated? Of course I think those days went out the window when they started recruiting the Hollywood wannabe famous crowd of bland personalities.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

I'm trying to think of something to say about Coach and Ozzy coming back. Like last season this set up gives us someone to love or hate right off the bat; however, it would be nice to begin watching the show from a neutral standpoint and then find the contestants to love or hate. I also don't like how the returning personalities polarize the tribes right from the start. Too much strategy much too soon? There isn't much time to "feel" out your tribe mates for possible alliances before the big cheeses make their stand.

Redemption Island rather than Punishment Island plays much better because it has a purpose other than searching for an idol. That new addition I like. The returning players, I don't.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Oh no. I've been a fan since Season 1, only missed a handful of episodes. Last season, which seemed heavily weighted to give Boston Rob his win, tried my patience. Now this? I honestly don't know if I can drag myself to another season of sameness. Sad...give Survivor new life or just bury it already.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Oh no. I've been a fan since Season 1, only missed a handful of episodes. Last season, which seemed heavily weighted to give Boston Rob his win, tried my patience. Now this? I honestly don't know if I can drag myself to another season of sameness. Sad...give Survivor new life or just bury it already.
    I agree with bolded. I am a Rob fan so I enjoyed watching him but it was not Survivor as I have come to love it. No more previous castaways, please! Or do an all star season. Just don't mix them up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast