+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Survivor 23–South Pacific: Spoilers/Speculation

Re: Survivor 23–South Pacific: Spoilers/Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I agree, Coch has a mean side all right. His use of the term "stupid b*tch" twice this season isn't exactly showing a warm and fuzzy side to him. I think he is capable of getting really nasty.

At this point I'm rooting for Albert and Sophie. They seem like the two most sensible people there, and they are obviously just going along to get along with all the Coach craziness. I hope they blindside him but good at some point. Ozzy I love to look at, but he's bothering me as well. His plan did make me interested to see how things turn out, but he's definitely going to need to keep winning II from here on out to stay in this game. Once they flush the idol and he loses? He's done.
    The language doesn't bother me it's more the actions. I know a lot of folks with gutter mouths but that doesn't reflect what kind of person they are. In several of his confessions he has been quite open how ostracized he feels because he is not a physical person. He was also beat down quite harshly by his team after the challenge, there is resentment there. Why should he be the sacrificial lamb why does a person like Ozzy or Jim deserve the million dollars more then Cochran? Just because one is a physical challenge wonder and has long flowy locks. The Savaii tribe members don't understand that by their constant open disdain of Cochran they are giving him more and more reasons to jump ship to Opolu.

Just a thought I think Cochran's use of the term stupid bitch is more a way of trying to fit in with the tribe (ie: making them laugh) then reflective of his personality.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I don't know, Bearcata. Mr. S has been known to drop a few bombs in his time and he's the best person I know, so I definitely agree with the cussing not being a reflection of the kind of person you are. For me, with Cochran, it's more the idea that he uses the term to equate someone who is an idiot with a woman. But, perhaps I'm being too sensitive to it. I just hate (with a capital H) the term bitch used by men to describe other men, when you know it's completely derogatory and mean they are weak and stupid (like a woman - in their eyes at least). But perhaps that's more my issue with the term than the way he uses it.

I do agree, though, that he has no real reason to stay loyal to a tribe that has made him aware, on a daily basis, that he's only there at their whim and not because he is valuable in any way. I just don't care for him. He seems like a slimy weasel to me.

Sweetpea, I do agree a bit about the term bitch and it's usage. Modern day English is so limiting in how we cuss. We use the S word, the F word and bitch to describe everything. Will Shakespeare was so much more descriptive when insulting a person. What is scary is also how we use the word love for everything. How come Eskimos or should I say Innuit have 26 or more words describing snow and we only have one word describing love yet love of country is not the same as love for a child, we always seem to have to explain our usage of the word. I do think using the word bitch to describe men (yes isn't it insulting to describe a man as a woman) is derogatory and I would think it came from rap music, which in itself can be very derogatory about women.
    sweetpea likes this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    The language doesn't bother me it's more the actions. I know a lot of folks with gutter mouths but that doesn't reflect what kind of person they are. In several of his confessions he has been quite open how ostracized he feels because he is not a physical person. He was also beat down quite harshly by his team after the challenge, there is resentment there. Why should he be the sacrificial lamb why does a person like Ozzy or Jim deserve the million dollars more then Cochran? Just because one is a physical challenge wonder and has long flowy locks. The Savaii tribe members don't understand that by their constant open disdain of Cochran they are giving him more and more reasons to jump ship to Opolu.

Just a thought I think Cochran's use of the term stupid bitch is more a way of trying to fit in with the tribe (ie: making them laugh) then reflective of his personality.
    Totally agree. In fact, the second time he used the term "stupid bitch" he was even referring to how ridiculous those words would sound coming out of his own mouth (in reference to acting confident on RI). He was by no means calling anyone that.
    The first time he used the word "bitch" he was (rightfully) angry at Ozzy for asking Cochran how to spell his name and being pretty cocky and confident around camp. So, I get that one too.
    I think asking someone how to spell their name on the game of Survivor is right nasty... especially if that person is already beat down and on the ropes. There's no need to rub their face in it. If Cochran had been outright mean to Ozzy previously, maybe, but he wasn't, and the spelling comment was completely uncalled for.

I'm going to be very interested to see how Maxx's spoilers play out this episode.
    sparklete likes this.

Ozzy isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, that's for sure. Asking how to spell Cochran's name was just plain dumb and not very nice. I would have been pissed too if I were Cochran. He really doesn't have a reason to be loyal to Ozzy, so I'm not surprised he flips.

I agree, Bearcata, about the lyrics in rap music. Sad that so many young women don't seem to hear how ugly it is towards them. But perhaps that is a discussion for another time and place.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Ozzy isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, that's for sure. Asking how to spell Cochran's name was just plain dumb and not very nice. I would have been pissed too if I were Cochran. He really doesn't have a reason to be loyal to Ozzy, so I'm not surprised he flips.

I agree, Bearcata, about the lyrics in rap music. Sad that so many young women don't seem to hear how ugly it is towards them. But perhaps that is a discussion for another time and place.
    True, but it is interesting how attitudes in music transfer to attitudes in society. Little bit scary too.
    sweetpea and spockwhat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    True, but it is interesting how attitudes in music transfer to attitudes in society. Little bit scary too.
    Very scary.

I think the Savaii plan would have worked if Savaii were more like Upolo in the unity. Cochran's flip is the perfect example why you should not be an agressive player towards anyone and underestimate the physically weak.

As much as Ozzy wins immunity next week I dont think hes particularly going to be a challenge monster. In the past weeks we have seen him only just in front of Brandon and Coach as well as being unable to navigate a wheelbarrow. Hes a bitter, older version of his former self that hasn't learnt anything and still waits on tables.I have no idea why people think hes awesome.
    Shoepie, JavaJo, sparklete and 1 others like this.
    BIG BROTHER INSTANT CELEBRITY MIX- Just add Fame hungry Idiot.

Warning: Effects may not last.

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetBex View Post
    I think the Savaii plan would have worked if Savaii were more like Upolo in the unity. Cochran's flip is the perfect example why you should not be an agressive player towards anyone and underestimate the physically weak.

As much as Ozzy wins immunity next week I dont think hes particularly going to be a challenge monster. In the past weeks we have seen him only just in front of Brandon and Coach as well as being unable to navigate a wheelbarrow. Hes a bitter, older version of his former self that hasn't learnt anything and still waits on tables.I have no idea why people think hes awesome.
    I agree. I used the term "challenge monster" referring to his reputation, but he does seem to be past his prime. He just doesn't see it yet.

I feel for Cochran...guess there's some nerd left in me from school I am hoping to see him surpass them all in the OUTWIT department
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    I feel for Cochran...guess there's some nerd left in me from school I am hoping to see him surpass them all in the OUTWIT department
    And OUTLAST some - a lot - of them, too. Nerds of the world - UNITE!
    sparklete likes this.

+ Reply to Thread