+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3233343536373839404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

Re: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva View Post

ITA.
    And she came away with 2nd place $$, not bad for a 19 y.o. Not the million, but nothing to sneeze at. IDK--I think we lose track of how 19 is still very much a child!! Good for Natalie.
    Technically 3rd place. Ralph's vote gave "Phile" 2nd place.

I didn't realize until last night quite how young Natalie really is. (I guess we hadn't heard her speak that much before!). I know they have had 21 year olds on the show before, but it struck me how much of a child she is compared to everyone else on the tribe. Considering this, I don't think she would have fared anywhere near as well if she hadn't had Rob's protection the whole time.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Natalie finished 3rd. Not sure what the prize for that is but 2nd gets $100,000, unless it changed from the usual.

Same here. I didn't realize how young she was until she mentioned she was straight out of high school. Let's face it, for much of the game she and Ashley were interchangeable parts. Wasn't until the very last moment we saw that Ashley could actually win immunity and that Rob saw her as a threat. You barely heard either of them speak or you just weren't interested in what either of them had to say. They were such a non factor most didn't really care about their bios.

With that being said, it really was mean for the women to go after her like that. Sure, she is in the game and a little venom usually gets directed at the finalists, but to go so far as to say her mom would be ashamed and to label her as a man follower for life is a bit much. Then the "creepy" title. If anything she wasn't alone in that. There was a whole lot of people involved in that creepy Rob cult, not just Natalie. If anything, watching herself should help her grow quite a bit. She just didn't have the maturity to be out there.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Quote Originally Posted by imissme View Post
    Hmmm, in Rob's first season he lost to his future wife. That says he was pretty darn good at the game from the get go.
    Wasn't that his second season? I thought Rob & Amber met on an All Stars game. I could be wrong - as I usually am.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Did anyone else think that the acceptance of "the lawyer's" proposal was rather shaky? It didn't seem to me that she really wanted to say 'yes', but was under pressure from the very public setting. It's usually not a good idea to pull a stunt like that, I don't think.

Somebody please point me to where people have discussed this. I'm sure it's been done.
    prhoshay--A lot of people have said it. I said it, if you want to search my earlier comments on this thread (page 33 on my computer, if that helps), but I wasn't the first I think, and many others commented on it after me and before you asked the question.

Re Grant, and betraying your teammates--I'm not sure what game Grant thought he was playing, but Survivor isn't football. Your teammates are only your teammates until the merge. Rob actually held his team together for a lot longer than the merge, and than is usual in Survivor, and Grant participated in the decimation of the low ranking members of his own team, so he should have understood that eventually the team has to turn on itself. Now maybe he saw the "team" as just him, Rob and person X, as so many of the O's seem to have done, but if so, he didn't understand the game. Anyone who knows Survivor knows you don't want someone next to you in the F3 who can make a compelling argument...as Grant certainly could. If he looked at Rob's to the camera statements I think Grant was the ONLY one Rob felt bad about dumping, in terms of missing a friend. But there's no way on earth he would have wanted Grant in the F3, and Grant should have 1) seen that and 2) felt the same way about Rob. Of course who knows if that is what's going on with Grant, but if it is, he really needs to look at it as flattering, not as a betrayal.

Phillip's argument at TC was so odd I wonder if editing only showed up half of it. Surely he went to to say something more than, thanks, Rob? I can kind of believe we saw all of Nat's as she seems so naive, but Phillip was seeming quite rational during the speech part of his presentation at TC...surely he wouldn't stop there? Surely he'd say, I was faking it? Or I was purposefully annoying? It seemed chopped off.

imissme, Rob's first time around he didn't do all that well, and distinguished himself mostly for being arrogant and sexist. Once he met Amber he seemed to grow up, and since then either he or his edit has been much more positive.

And actually, I'm sure he'd met Amber before Allstars even if they hadn't connected, just as David has had a chance to meet his girlfriend even though she wasn't on his season---there are a lot of Survivor events that bring together players from a variety of seasons...charity things, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by annettejt View Post
    Wasn't that his second season? I thought Rob & Amber met on an All Stars game. I could be wrong - as I usually am.
    It was in All-Stars (his second season), right.

Marquesas was his first. In which he didn't even make the jury. So I'd say he was pretty lucky to come back in the first place.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I keep seeing people mention Natalie got 2nd or 3rd. Do we REALLY know? Jeff did not read aloud all the votes. He read "Rob, then "Phile" (thanks, Ralph, for one last great laugh), and then 4 more for Rob so he had enough to win. I do not recall ever seeing during the show or anywhere else on the internet how all 9 of the votes were cast. We saw 6, there are three others.

And we know the 2nd place person gets $100k, right? How much does 3rd place get?

ETA: According to Wikipedia, Amber did Season 2 Australian Outback, Rob did Season 4 Marquesas... they met Season 8 All Stars (Pearl Islands Panama).
    Last edited by Marlena_M; 05-16-2011 at 08:36 PM.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Congrats to Rob - no way anyone else deserved it.

BTW - I think Phile and Ralph should team up for TAR. Can you imagine them in a foreign country when even we don't understand what they are saying when they're talking?

When Jeff reveals the winner votes, he always reveals the votes for every person. There is a predetermined order of the reveal, I believe, which is to make it more exciting. So I am pretty much 100% sure that since no votes for Natalie were revealed, she didn't recieve any, thus finishing 3rd.

Another example is when a winner won 4-3 or 5-4. Every vote was read, with the deciding vote being last.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    When Jeff reveals the winner votes, he always reveals the votes for every person. There is a predetermined order of the reveal, I believe, which is to make it more exciting. So I am pretty much 100% sure that since no votes for Natalie were revealed, she didn't recieve any, thus finishing 3rd.

Another example is when a winner won 4-3 or 5-4. Every vote was read, with the deciding vote being last.

I'll agree about the reveal being in a pre-determined order. He's said that several times. But when you say "I am pretty much 100% sure" about Natalie, you don't know, you're speculating. Sure, the deciding vote is read last, no need to keep reading once one person has the number needed to win. Speculation is fine but I'm asking if all the votes were revealed on the show or stated somewhere on the internet.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

+ Reply to Thread