+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

Re: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    This is interesting. We were speculating last night that Grant was rumoured to have renewed his "friendship" with Rob after the show but seemed bitter at the reunion, possibly because he had seen the confessionals and was put off by the way Rob talked about the tribe, etc. Yet this quote says he refused any contact after the show ended, which tells me he was a bitter betty about the game itself, and about being voted off. Rob said he was a huge threat. They all said he was a huge threat!! I can understand being disappointed and ticked off, but to hold the grudge that long? Yikes.

'Survivor' reunion: Redemption Island winner Boston Rob gets praise from rival Russell, Phil really was a federal agent | NJ.com
    Rob was the one that said that he and Grant spoke and texted after the show finished taping right up until the 3rd show aired then Grant stopped answering his calls or texts. Grant obviously saw something from Rob that he didn't like in the aired show.

I don't know why people don't think Rob is nice in real life. From everything I've seen of him outside the game he seems like a decent guy. One thing is for sure...he really loves his family. The way he treated Amber on TAR is what ultimately won me over. While he was ruthless in the race, he was always respectful to Amber. Even when they had disagreements. I think people who aren't nice....well, that carries over into their personal relationships and I just don't see that with him.

As for Natalie following him blindly...she's young...fresh out of high school and really 'green'. Perhaps she was raised in an over protective household and was taught that the man wears the pants. While it's not fitting for some women, for some it's fits them perfectly. She's probably going to grow up, get married, have kids and be the doting wife and mother. Nothing wrong with that if it's what you want. Obviously Julie isn't cut from that clothe, but it doesn't mean it's wrong. And at the end of the day, Natalie gets to say she was F3 in a game where she otherwise didn't stand a chance. In a normal season, she would have been picked off early.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fanatic

Whether you're a fan of Rob or not, and I for one am, (and I certainly don't consider myself a worthless human being, just because I like Rob) if you watched this season you can't deny he deserved the win. He controlled his tribe from start to finish. Just like he did in All Stars, except that jury was too bitter to give him the win, and they had all played before, and should have been able to overcome their bitterness and vote for the best player. But they were a bunch of whiny babies, and gave it to Amber instead. Some of them are still a bunch of whiny babies, even after all these years. The best player won this season, hands down. Personally, I am thrilled he won. I didn't bother voting for fan favorite, but if I had, it would have definitely been Rob that I voted for.

FORT Fanatic

A few thoughts on the finale and on Rob in particular.

Last night was the correct ending for the show, who else outwitted any of them let alone all of the players? I liked the proposal, but, I wouldnt want any guy to propose to me on live tv. How do you say no to someone and embarrass them for life if you arent feeling the love. Not an Aww moment for me. More of the creepy.
    Phillip should not have gotten any votes. If you voted for Phillip you only voted that way because you couldnt grasp the whole you were beaten by a better player angle of the game. Natalie is 19, she deserves credit for figuring out what all the others couldnt, that Rob was the leader and if you follow the leader you end up next to him at the end.
    Phillip could have won this game in my opinion. All he needed to do was stand up at tribal council and say, "I faked being crazy, you all bought it, I won.".

To the haters of Rob. I can only say this. The man had a goal, he sought that goal for ten years, he reached his goal. He should be rewarded. Isnt this a life lesson for all of us? Keep trying, never give up, learn from your mistakes. Skip how you feel about a guy who none of know in real life, go straight to the lesson he gave all the viewers. He is playing a game. Who shows up at a poker table and doesnt try to bluff at least on hand? Who plays Monopoly and doesnt buy all the property they can because they are afraid of how they greedy they will appear? Rob played by the rules of Survivor. It may have taken him ten years to get it right but to me that just represents what a competitor he is in real life.

Or, I guess, we should all just never try and try again. Oh, I lost, I refuse to ever play that game again. Sounds a little childish to me.
    Last edited by imissme; 05-16-2011 at 02:06 PM. Reason: spelling errors, sorry

Lamest season and dumbest cast ever. Good for Rob in finally winning; maybe now he can disappear.
    I wonder if he'll use any of his after-tax million to buy a post-vocalic "r." [/sarcasm]
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

This is a point I have to say to all who say that Rob basically got lucky because he had a bunch of "worshippers" and the like:

Rob's played for four seasons, and made it pretty far in all of them, just missing jury in two (or at least his first go in Marquesas), been in the final two in the other two.

At the time, people knew - or should've known - that he had skills in manipulation, puzzles and winning challenges that he had control over himself to win important immunities.

All these players knew Russell's quite well - it's why the Zaps were wise to not carry him to the end.

Had the roles been reversed, I think the Zaps would've eliminated Rob quickly, not as quickly as Russell, but they seemed to have more respect for his game play because he is sneaky, but understands the difference between the games.

Ometepe isn't so stupid they'd kept Russell had the duo been in each other's tribe. Russell'd been gone quickly - he most likely wouldn't have made the finals.

As far as Phillip's one vote - I can see Ralph's point. I think he is the only one dense enough to see that Phillip's craziness was partially at least an act. Why you may ask? - if he were really as crazy as he was portrayed in psych testing, he'd not been cast. His antics were borderline certifiable, and not caused by having to detox from cigarettes or alcohol, like we've seen in the past.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I don't know why people don't think Rob is nice in real life. From everything I've seen of him outside the game he seems like a decent guy. One thing is for sure...he really loves his family. The way he treated Amber on TAR is what ultimately won me over. While he was ruthless in the race, he was always respectful to Amber. Even when they had disagreements. I think people who aren't nice....well, that carries over into their personal relationships and I just don't see that with him.

As for Natalie following him blindly...she's young...fresh out of high school and really 'green'. Perhaps she was raised in an over protective household and was taught that the man wears the pants. While it's not fitting for some women, for some it's fits them perfectly. She's probably going to grow up, get married, have kids and be the doting wife and mother. Nothing wrong with that if it's what you want. Obviously Julie isn't cut from that clothe, but it doesn't mean it's wrong. And at the end of the day, Natalie gets to say she was F3 in a game where she otherwise didn't stand a chance. In a normal season, she would have been picked off early.
    Here is my take on Natalie/Julie....Natalie is not a Julie...Natalie is well aware of this fact. Natalie is also well aware of the fact that Rob is better at reading people and controlling the outcome..so smart little girl Natalie plays her best card...ride Rob's coat-tails because she never would have made it to final tribal had she not played that way. The girl had never even been camping//???

Everyone, including the jury, seems to think that Natalie was young, naive, & had no game whatsoever. I saw her a little different.
    Here we had a very young girl, barely out of school, playing a physically mentally & socially difficult game against people much older, wiser & more experienced in life & relationships. In many ways she was out of her league.
    The ultimate goal is to win the $$$, but in order to do that you have to reach an important secondary goal: Get to the final tribal council.
    Instead of just being cannon fodder she made a day one alliance with the most experienced & competent tribemate. Rob promised to get her there if she stuck to their alliance. That was her goal - get to the end, & he offered it to her.
    How many other contestants were able to do that? Certainly not the high & mighty jury members. Young & inexperienced as she was, she reached her goal & Rob got her there, just like he promised. Her strategy worked just fine, & she won an immunity or two on the way.
    I wish she would have stressed this at final tribal council instead of being so passive. She used her wits, that's a plus.

Don't get the idea I would have rather seen Natalie win than Rob. No way. I just would have liked to see her get credit for some gameplay.
    Last edited by Miss Scarlet; 05-16-2011 at 02:32 PM.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Congrats to Rob for a well deserved win.

No way did Rob coast to a finish. He had to work his arse off each and every day, and you could tell by the end that it was taking its toll on him.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I don't know why people don't think Rob is nice in real life. From everything I've seen of him outside the game he seems like a decent guy. One thing is for sure...he really loves his family. The way he treated Amber on TAR is what ultimately won me over.
    I was about to post the same thing. I didn't actually see Rob's first attempt at Survivor, and only part of his second attempt (I didn't watch the first few seasons at all - that was when I was too good for reality tv ), but of course, I had heard a lot about him, and a lot of it was negative. That being the case, I was surprised by what a decent guy he was on TAR. I don't think that I have seen anyone on that show treat their spouse with more respect and fewer moments of rancour.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread