+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

Re: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I love Rob, loved the way he played the game.This makes up for James not winning AI.LOL

This is pretty much exactly what I said to my husband too lol. I may not have gotten my wish with AI, but I did get it with Survivor! Super glad Rob got fan favorite too.

Wow. I'm so happy! I really didn't think he could win because of who he is. To the naysayers that say it took him 4 tries to play such a good game....not true. He played an excellent game his second try with Amber. He got them both to the end. The jury was just too bitter to vote for him. And it really isn't his fault that nobody on his tribe this season could grow a pair and vote him out.

The thing I love most about Rob (and what Grant needs to learn) is that he can separate the game from real life. Rob was never nasty about Grant in his PI's and he really did feel bad when he had to vote him out. You could see the sadness all over his face in his PI's. Grant, hopefully, will understand that at some point.

Philip...what a nut. He was much more reserved during the reunion show. I wonder if he isn't on meds now.

Nat and Philip's opening arguments were lame. They both basically said that Rob got them there. They admitted to doing what Rob dictated. They might as well have been holding up big signs with arrows pointing to Rob and the caption "give him the cash". Rob was extremely smart to take them both.

I didn't think the jury was all that bitter. Andrea is the one who surprised me. She was angry that the girls didn't vote with her. It should have clicked "why" when Rob played the II. Plus, it wouldn't have worked anyway...he had the idol.

David...love him. His speech was funny and oh so true. I loved it! I'm really hoping that he's the one coming back next season. I think he could really play the hell out of this game if given half the chance. I loved when he said he wished him and Rob had been playing together instead of against each other. Now THAT would have been a fun time at the FTC.

Mike is a hunk. I got nothing else to say about him. Hunk.

Fabio had long hair. Matt had long hair. Fabio cut his hair. Matt cut his hair...in pretty much the same way as Fabio did. I found that to be weird. Especially since I thought Matt looked great with his hair long. Not many men can successfully pull that look off.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Thank goodness this debacle is over. Wait. What? Next season, same thing? Oh, for Pete's sake.

I hope they bring back Eliza and this guy ...

This was the greatest season ever IMO!

When did the girls find out that Rob had the Hidden Immunity Idol? They never showed that.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Wow. I'm so happy! I really didn't think he could win because of who he is. To the naysayers that say it took him 4 tries to play such a good game....not true. He played an excellent game his second try with Amber. He got them both to the end. The jury was just too bitter to vote for him. And it really isn't his fault that nobody on his tribe this season could grow a pair and vote him out.

The thing I love most about Rob (and what Grant needs to learn) is that he can separate the game from real life. Rob was never nasty about Grant in his PI's and he really did feel bad when he had to vote him out. You could see the sadness all over his face in his PI's. Grant, hopefully, will understand that at some point.

Philip...what a nut. He was much more reserved during the reunion show. I wonder if he isn't on meds now.

Nat and Philip's opening arguments were lame. They both basically said that Rob got them there. They admitted to doing what Rob dictated. They might as well have been holding up big signs with arrows pointing to Rob and the caption "give him the cash". Rob was extremely smart to take them both.
    Am on board with all that I've quoted here, however I totally agree with the bolded. I honestly don't feel that Rob crossed any line that I wouldn't have crossed. It is a game! I know that people do honestly form relationships and that the betrayal within the game probably stings in a big way, but it is still a game. I would like to think that at the end of the day/game I'd be able to put all the game play aside.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    Am on board with all that I've quoted here, however I totally agree with the bolded. I honestly don't feel that Rob crossed any line that I wouldn't have crossed. It is a game! I know that people do honestly form relationships and that the betrayal within the game probably stings in a big way, but it is still a game. I would like to think that at the end of the day/game I'd be able to put all the game play aside.
    Ditto for me. What cracks me up is that every player EVER to speak about playing with integrity and honestly and blah blah blah has learned quickly that that doesn't work. The first season, maybe the second, it might have. But now?...no way in hell. You can't play an perfectly honest game if someone else isn't.

The thing with Matt...he could have had a different game if he could keep a secret. And every one of Rob's alliance members could have had a different game. All they had to do was TALK. Instead, they went to play a game whose tagline is outwit, outplay and outlast. They played smart until the final six. They could have easily banded together and ousted Rob. But....they didn't. Rob was there to win. I think the only other two who were of like mind were David and Mike. They just didn't have the numbers to make a bold move. So honestly, I don't feel bad for any of the others because Rob was just playing the game.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    This really was the dumbest, most gullible cast ever. I don't see Rob winning as a great achievement. He's had 3 practice rounds to find out every angle of the game, and he's had years to train his body to be in shape specifically for the kinds of challenges Survivor dishes out. (And really, isn't a veteran going to naturally do better when the show is constantly recycling old challenges?)

These idiots abdicated their own games in the blind hope that somehow, they were each Rob's favorite to be taken to the Finals, and also that somehow, they were going to let him drive the bus the whole season and yet not get the votes in the end. You just don't get more stupid than that, especially as they witnessed him winning immunity challenges one after the other. Rob won because too many of them decided to just watch the Rob Show along with the rest of us. This has to have been the most pathetic, anti-climactic season ever.
    Actually, you do get stupider than that. You get two people in the finals with him who were both so dumb that they credited him with getting them to the finals in front of the jury. They didn't just let him drive the bus. They willingly threw themselves underneath it for him. Rob barely spoke in the final tribal council, because he didn't need to--they made his case for him.

That's the dumbest move yet.

My favorite was Philip, who claimed in every one of his private interviews that he was bringing the crazy just in order to make it to the end. He actually makes it, and instead of turning into a lucid person and presenting the case that it was all an act to gain Rob's trust and make it to the end he blew it at every turn. These people wanted to give the money to somebody....anybody....that could give them an excuse to hand it over to anyone but Rob. They were sour, but they didn't want to appear sour, and all Philip had to do was hold it together in that final tribal council just enough to show that he had an actual game plan. Nope, he just showed that he was even crazier than everyone thought he was. Holy cow, Rob couldn't have asked Santa Claus to bring him a better group of people to play with this year. Good for him, bad for anyone who wanted to see some actual excitement this season.

As for RI, it could be revamped to be a good concept, but with the next season already filmed they likely would not have known all of the misses they had with it in the viewers minds. Therefore, I don't expect any changes. As to who they bring back I just hope it's not someone we've seen time and time and time again. I love Cirie-think she's one of the best players to never win this game, but we saw what happened last time they tried to bring her back. I forgot which guy it was (older guy) but he knew how slippery she was and how she could manipulate and he got everyone together to get her out super quickly. I would think anyone with any sense would do the same. Not everyone will be as lucky as Rob to draw the perfect tribe to play with. So if someone who has played a number of times before came back their style of play is stuck in everyone's head. They need to bring back someone who is low key and who had their game cut short for whatever reason.

As for the couples-wasn't it mentioned before that Dreamz and Naonka were a couple? Scary business! If they ever do anything with a Survivor couple I really hope those two names never come up (unless there is a vasectomy challenge that season).
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

+ Reply to Thread