+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

FORT Fogey
    Canada's High Arctic, on the Arctic Ocean

Re: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by mnmhughes View Post
    Um, anyone think that wedding is going to actually happen? Poor David, but his girlfriend looked mortified and I'm pretty sure just said yes because she was on camera. I hope I'm wrong!
    I had very similar thoughts, and felt sad, as I loved David and want him happy. Carolina seemed in shock and overwhelmed and I pray she really wants David!!! I loved David on the show, and at Ponderosa.
    Karey

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KareyR2 View Post
    I had very similar thoughts, and felt sad, as I loved David and want him happy. Carolina seemed in shock and overwhelmed and I pray she really wants David!!! I loved David on the show, and at Ponderosa.
    Karey
    I also like that David helped Julie figure out a way to keep her house.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I also keep thinking that as they're going on and on about how Rob has finally won after playing the game four times and what a great player he is, that somewhere, Sandra is sitting there thinking, "Well, shoot, I stink at challenges, I never got to play with a tribe full of sheeple, and I only played twice--and won both times. Didn't take me any four times to win."
    Shoot if Sandra was there and they let her say something, she'd probably literally say that given her very open and honest statements (BTW, she is one of my favorite winners ever, along with Ethan, Yul, Tom and ... yes... Bob if only in his case because he created the best and most fool proof fake HII ever.)

As far as this season, when they didn't try to blindside Rob and voted out Ashley, I said "Unless he loses the final IC, he will win this game."

Rob as a person I like; however, this is far too many times to play a reality show - and one that can harm him long term in life with what they go through.

I DO wish that the player of the season automatically goes to the second vote getter if the winner is the million dollar winner. The only concession here is that Russell was NOT the winner. Doesn't mean I wanted Rob to win; but it'd been rigged if Russell won given how quickly he was ousted.

An OK season; BUT... WHY are they doing the same idea again next season? I mean, we really do not need to do another "Two players get a second chance to play." They had better be players who were ousted early or due to injury and didn't get a fair chance to play (i.e. Mike Supkin from Australia) or I will say that this is a jump the shark and there will not be many seasons after this.

Also - RI? - needs to be only up until the merge, and twist with the person automatically gets immunity when returning. That way it's not a revolving door, which almost always happens in these games. I've only seen TWO people come back in a second chance game who have gone far - Lil in Pearl Islands (lost to Sandra), and the one gal in Big Brother during Jason and Danielle's season (Lisa winning).

Next season will be interesting... that's all I'm going to say.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    So how many relationships has Survivor spawned? Rob/Amber, Jenna Morasca/Ethan (don't think they're married though), I read elsewhere Kim Powers from Survivor Africa and Alex from Amazon got married, Ryan from Pearl Islands was dating that girl from Micronesia (early ouster, I think second off), and now David/Carolina.
    First, even I think I have no life in that I remember these other pairings. Jamie and Erik from China got married in 2009. Also, there are strong rumors that Courtney Yates and Stephen Fishbach are a couple.
    Maybe as many hook-ups as the Bachelor/ette franchise.

And she's someone who did not have a physical advantage at challenges at all. She really had to work to stay in the game, because she couldn't count on winning immunity. In fact, did she ever have immunity in either of her seasons? I can't remember. If she did, she certainly didn't have it as often as Rob.
    No, and the closest she came to winning it was the final IC in Pearl Islands. She stumbled and ended up sitting down on her floating raft so it ended up being Lil and Johnny Fairplay fighting it out. Sandra was going to most likely go with either to the final two, and most likely had a strong case against both (Lil was from the Ghost Tribe, though everyone critcized her for being hypocritical to her scout uniform, Fairplay was an irritant to the jurors, and Sandra probably would've called him out to a point on the fake dead grandmother thing).

So... yeah... Sandra's the best true player of the game, though many are critical of her for playing it so subtlely. Only one who was probably more subtle was Yul.

Rob has had to do it four times in order to win. I do think they brought him back because the season he was on... they had one of the worst winners ever, a bitter jury, and he was on a weak tribe that ONLY had a breath of life when they did a tribe shakeup and they got Neleh and Pascal.

FORT Fogey

I DO wish that the player of the season automatically goes to the second vote getter if the winner is the million dollar winner. The only concession here is that Russell was NOT the winner. Doesn't mean I wanted Rob to win; but it'd been rigged if Russell won given how quickly he was ousted.

I agree with that. And yeah, it wouldn't make sense if Russell had gotten fan favorite this time. I personally wouldn't have voted for him in the past either, but I could see why someone could make a case for voting for him. This time, he went out so early it would have been much harder to make that case.

But back to the main point...it does seem like the million dollars for winning ought to be enough. Let the fan favorite money go elsewhere (and I wasn't overly fond of Matt either).

This thought just occurred: Did they even reveal all the votes? How do we know who took the second place money? I know it's not a million but it's $100,000, and I guess I'd still like to know if it went to Phillip or Natalie. Or have they eliminated the second place money in favor of the fan favorite money?

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

This thought just occurred: Did they even reveal all the votes? How do we know who took the second place money? I know it's not a million but it's $100,000, and I guess I'd still like to know if it went to Phillip or Natalie. Or have they eliminated the second place money in favor of the fan favorite money?
    If Natalie recieved any votes at all, Jeff would have read them. It was 8-1-0, I'm sure.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Wow...33 pages of comments already, and the show's barely over...
    I guess people DID tune in for the finale!

I think they could NOT do the farewell walk because there was no one from the Zap tribe in the F3...so no one who would have known who some of those early boots were to say something about them.

I think they are doing back to back RI series because they are probably already filming it---and this way a 2nd group of people will be blindsided by its existence. But I, too, am not thrilled by the concept (althought I"m sure they never thought they'd get someone like Matt on RI!), and especially not thrilled by the idea of two returnees, no matter who they are. Two of my fav females, Cirie and Sandra, function by kind of not standing out from the crowd. Once you are the official leader that's hard to do.

I hope never ever to see Russell H. again, and even though I enjoy Rob and thought he played a masterful game, I'm pretty done with him as well. On to new things, Rob. David I really liked, and sadly I'm with those who thought his girlfriend saying, Just shut up! was her trying to get him not to embarrass himself. I don't see that lasting.

If Nat and Ash had told Andrea that Rob had the idol she could have suggested Phillip as the target...but I agree if Nat and Ash knew he had it, there's no way he could be gotten off, unless he was dumb (not) or to full of himself to play it (possible, but I can see him imagining what Amber would say if she saw him not play it! ).

Glad Matt didn't get the $$. I'm sure his god will provide some $$ for med school. He still seemed not interested in Andrea, whom I liked, so another thing to hold against him. Now they would make a great TAR team....

Glad we got an apology and handshake on the race issue---way to go for both of them!

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    If by running the show you mean he was surrounded by fawning idiots then yes, I guess he ran the show.
    While I agree with you, I also would think that EVEN an idiot would have been smart enough to vote out Rob early on. Rob has to be one heck of a charmer around camp is all I can say. I would THINK that it would be more difficult to win on the 4th try than it would have on 1 - 3. He truly was the only one who deserved the win and the reunion show did reveal a whole lot about why it worked when the discussion came up about how he played it. Still, I just think I would having been pushing to get that man voted off from the get-go.
    Last edited by NCLurker; 05-16-2011 at 12:28 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Wow...33 pages of comments already, and the show's barely over...
    I guess people DID tune in for the finale!

I think they could NOT do the farewell walk because there was no one from the Zap tribe in the F3...so no one who would have known who some of those early boots were to say something about them.

I think they are doing back to back RI series because they are probably already filming it---and this way a 2nd group of people will be blindsided by its existence. But I, too, am not thrilled by the concept (althought I"m sure they never thought they'd get someone like Matt on RI!), and especially not thrilled by the idea of two returnees, no matter who they are. Two of my fav females, Cirie and Sandra, function by kind of not standing out from the crowd. Once you are the official leader that's hard to do.

I hope never ever to see Russell H. again, and even though I enjoy Rob and thought he played a masterful game, I'm pretty done with him as well. On to new things, Rob. David I really liked, and sadly I'm with those who thought his girlfriend saying, Just shut up! was her trying to get him not to embarrass himself. I don't see that lasting.

If Nat and Ash had told Andrea that Rob had the idol she could have suggested Phillip as the target...but I agree if Nat and Ash knew he had it, there's no way he could be gotten off, unless he was dumb (not) or to full of himself to play it (possible, but I can see him imagining what Amber would say if she saw him not play it! ).

Glad Matt didn't get the $$. I'm sure his god will provide some $$ for med school. He still seemed not interested in Andrea, whom I liked, so another thing to hold against him. Now they would make a great TAR team....

Glad we got an apology and handshake on the race issue---way to go for both of them!

I wondered if maybe they were already taping the next season, but I wasn't sure how far ahead they tape. If they are, then I can see better why they held onto RI and the returning two players ideas. .

I was also pleasantly surprised that Russell was reasonably gracious about Rob winning. I don't need to see Russell again, and I'm not a fan of his, but I'm glad that there wasn't a lot of drama there this time.

Re David and his girlfriend: Didn't he say he met her because of Survivor? If that's the case, would they really have known each other all that long? Maybe that's why she felt so "blindsided." Could be she was happy enough with the way the relationship was going but just wasn't expecting a proposal coming up this quickly. Or maybe she just didn't like the idea of being proposed to so publicly. Not everyone wants a personal moment like that to be televised nation wide.

+ Reply to Thread