+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 48 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 476

Thread: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

  1. #311
    "SPYING" ButterflyFaery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Never Never Land
    Posts
    5,972

    Re: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Season 23...RI returns (boo!), 2 returning players (again?!), and a bunch of generic voice overs that are the usual. Survivor: South Pacific.
    I bet one of the returning ones will be Matt...or I was thinking Coach and Phillip..now that would be funny

    I can deal with RI if they change it up like I said...don't just return them at merge and the end...sort of make it a revolving door and make it more interesting
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

  2. #312
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,839

    Re: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    Yes, he absolutely is, and I feel bad that he's still feeling hurt. I just meant it's too bad, not that he didn't have reasons. (His new wife is sure pretty!)

    I also agree with you that Rob's experience was an unfair advantage compared to many of these people. David might have been a good match for him, but we didn't get to see that. When was he voted out?

    Regarding fan favorite, whoever made the point that Rob and Matt got the most airtime and that's why they'd get the most fan votes, that's exactly what I was thinking too, and agree with you all. I wish we could have gotten to know more of the other players better! And I love Rob, but I'm not going to say this edit job wasn't completely biased. We never got to know some players, and tonight they didn't talk to them on the reunion show either - what crap. Like that little girl Russel was in an alliance with - she seemed to have lots of personality, so she might have been fun to see more on camera. I would've enjoyed more Mike and David, that's for sure! Maybe Ralph could've won with more of a Rupert edit too.
    I was disappointed that we didn't see more of the other players too. I know she wasn't in the game for very long, but that TC where Phillip couldn't pronounce Francesca's name to save his soul was pretty funny. If they had to bring up the race argument again, I wish they would have asked her what she thought--she was the first person to say Phillip was crazy, and she's an African-American too. Although, really, I think they could have just stayed away from that argument altogether, especially since they never let Steve respond.

    I'm also kind of surprised that they asked about Matt and Andrea but didn't ask about Matt and--was her name Christina?--the one who gave him her Bible. They seemed to bond quite a bit on RI.

  3. #313
    Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Age
    22
    Posts
    7,834

    Re: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

    It would be fair it was two women. Maybe Amanda? She too made it to the end twice and lost both times.

    I just hope to God Parvati doesn't come back. I almost hate her as much as I hate Russell.

  4. #314
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,839

    Re: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    It would be fair it was two women. Maybe Amanda? She too made it to the end twice and lost both times.

    I just hope to God Parvati doesn't come back. I almost hate her as much as I hate Russell.

    Just so long as it's not Natalie...can you imagine her as a team captain trying to select her team members? "Uh, Jeff, I just need to talk to Rob for a second first. What do you mean he's not here? He has to be here! Rob? Rob? Where are you, Rob?"

  5. #315
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,839

    Re: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by mnmhughes View Post
    Um, anyone think that wedding is going to actually happen? Poor David, but his girlfriend looked mortified and I'm pretty sure just said yes because she was on camera. I hope I'm wrong!
    It seemed a little off to me too, but I hope I'm just reading it wrong. How embarrassing for David if she turns him down later--though if she really doesn't want to marry him, better that he should be embarrassed rather than engaged to someone who doesn't want to be with him.

    I've often thought about what would happen if someone turned down a very public proposal like that. I was at a restaurant where a guy at the next table did the public proposal, she said yes, and everyone applauded. One of the people at my table said, "What should we have done if she'd said no? Boo?"

  6. #316
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606

    Re: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I would rather it not be Rupert either. He's had two or three chances already, and he's won fan favorite money. That's enough for him.

    I guess I wouldn't hate seeing Andrea again, but I'm not sure what the point would be to bring back people we just saw. I'm kind of feeling that way about Matt too. I don't know if Mike from Australia would be interested, but I could see him being viewed as someone with unfinished business, as it was just very bad luck that got him out of the game. But since he's never been back for an all-star season either, I suspect he's just not interested. That's kind of the problem. Some of the people who might be the most interesting to see make a comeback may be uninterested in , or unable to, return.

    Have they ever gone with two females returning? They did two males this time, so I guess it would make sense to make it two females this time. I do hope whoever it is isn't someone who's won before--the way Jeff put it, my guess is it won't be.

    Oh, and I agree that if they gave the person returning from RI immunity for one week (and I don't think it should be over a week), that person shouldn't compete in the immunity challenge too.

    The other thing they could do to change it up would be that the person who got to come back from RI would get to send someone else to RI to take his/her place--but only if that person would have a decent amount of time to make it back into the game. I think the one week immunity is fairer, but I could see them doing something more drastic, just to shake up the game. I haven't checked the last couple of weeks, but for a while there, the ratings had slipped considerably from last season, which wasn't the greatest season either, so it wouldn't surprise me terribly to see some tweaking of the concepts from this season before next season. I'm not completely convinced myself that changing things constantly is what's best, but it seems to be what Survivor does when they feel the show is getting stale.
    I don't think they've ever had 2 females return Aside from the traditional AS/FvsF that were fairly even in numbers, the only times I can remember just 2 contestants returning to the game was Guatemala (Stephenie and Bobby Jon), and this season. I would be curious to know if the producers expected Russell to get such an early exit, to the point where his tribe threw the challenge to get rid of him. I really think they wanted a Russell/Rob showdown at the merge, maybe even to the finals. Russell's past game play hurt him this time. IIRC, the cast in HvsV hadn't seen him play yet, so aside from getting leaks from casting people, they had no idea what he was all about. This time, the cast did. I don't know if I believe the Zaps would have ousted Rob right away like they did Russell. I wouldn't want Rob around for the selfish reason (he's already played 3 times, has done other reality shows, and probably has a nice chunk of change in the bank), and I wouldn't trust him. However, I wouldn't mind him around, because he seems like a really nice, down to earth guy when you take him out of the game. And he's smart to keep around, since he knows what he's doing.

    Well, we know we won't be seeing Hatch on the next season I really don't think we'll be seeing a past winner, unless it's someone like Parvati. If the producers feel like bringing someone too alienating on that'll make the twist blow up in their faces, they might try to bring someone in the category of Yau-Man and Cirie over someone like Corinne, Randy, and practically the whole cast of Gabon. We could get someone with a Jenna Lewis complex that wants to vote whoever off because they've already played the game. I wasn't a fan of Mike Skupin, but I always thought he deserved a second chance at the game (and really anyone who had to leave for medical reasons). I'd be surprised to see them go back too far, unless they do go for someone memorable like Rupert. Since I brought up Yau-Man and Cirie, I'll throw their names out there as someone who I think could get asked. I'm still hoping for Ozzy The water is that boys element. Someone from this season, I think it could be a bunch of people. Nicaragua, I barely remember anyone from that season, but I think there's possibilities there, too. Not sure I see anyone from Samoa getting the call, and from Tocantis I'm thinking Coach or Tyson. Whoever it is, I think it will be a non winner, somewhat of a fan favorite who maybe got screwed over somewhere along the way and the producers want to give them a second chance to see what they can do.

    Also, I just realized this, but there were quite a few people Probst didn't even talk to tonight. I know he usually only focuses on a select few, and pretty much ignores anyone pre-merge. But that's the first time I remember him completely ignoring people.

    It seemed a little off to me too, but I hope I'm just reading it wrong. How embarrassing for David if she turns him down later--though if she really doesn't want to marry him, better that he should be embarrassed rather than engaged to someone who doesn't want to be with him.
    The whole proposal seemed off. David may have been very nervous, but Carolina...I don't know. I'm not sure I see these two making it to the altar. And it might cause them to break up as a result if she was mortified. I don't think she would have said no right there. But it did seem off. David even said when he first met her, which couldn't have been too long ago, she wouldn't give him the time of day. Who knows.
    Last edited by karalott; 05-16-2011 at 12:43 AM.

  7. #317
    FORT Fogey mnmhughes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,961

    Re: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    It seemed a little off to me too, but I hope I'm just reading it wrong. How embarrassing for David if she turns him down later--though if she really doesn't want to marry him, better that he should be embarrassed rather than engaged to someone who doesn't want to be with him.

    I've often thought about what would happen if someone turned down a very public proposal like that. I was at a restaurant where a guy at the next table did the public proposal, she said yes, and everyone applauded. One of the people at my table said, "What should we have done if she'd said no? Boo?"
    Haha! There would probably just be awkward silence, and no one would know what to do! I think the woman should say yes just to keep him from total embarrassment, but very quickly explain to him in private why you can't marry him.

  8. #318
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,839

    Re: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I bet one of the returning ones will be Matt...or I was thinking Coach and Phillip..now that would be funny

    I can deal with RI if they change it up like I said...don't just return them at merge and the end...sort of make it a revolving door and make it more interesting
    They've got to do something with it. As it is, it just doesn't work terribly well. If the idea was that the returning player was going to cause a possible game change, that didn't happen at all, and I'm not sure it would have no matter who came back.

    The revolving door idea might work better. But when they're kept out of the loop for that long and then come back with only a couple of days to save themselves again, so to speak, the likelihood of it making any difference is pretty slim.

    I suppose the other thing they could do is have an II on Redemption Island too. That way they'd never know if the person coming back might possibly have immunity. It would also give the people on RI something to do other than wait for the next challenge.

  9. #319
    Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Age
    22
    Posts
    7,834

    Re: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

    Does Pearl Islands count too? The Outcast twist had two people come back for the merge.

  10. #320
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,839

    Re: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I don't think they've ever had 2 females return Aside from the traditional AS/FvsF that were fairly even in numbers, the only times I can remember just 2 contestants returning to the game was Guatemala (Stephenie and Bobby Jon), and this season. I would be curious to know if the producers expected Russell to get such an early exit, to the point where his tribe threw the challenge to get rid of him. I really think they wanted a Russell/Rob showdown at the merge, maybe even to the finals. Russell's past game play hurt him this time. IIRC, the cast in HvsV hadn't seen him play yet, so aside from getting leaks from casting people, they had no idea what he was all about. This time, the cast did. I don't know if I believe the Zaps would have ousted Rob right away like they did Russell. I wouldn't want Rob around for the selfish reason (he's already played 3 times, has done other reality shows, and probably has a nice chunk of change in the bank), and I wouldn't trust him. However, I wouldn't mind him around, because he seems like a really nice, down to earth guy when you take him out of the game. And he's smart to keep around, since he knows what he's doing.

    Well, we know we won't be seeing Hatch on the next season I really don't think we'll be seeing a past winner, unless it's someone like Parvati. If the producers feel like bringing someone too alienating on that'll make the twist blow up in their faces, they might try to bring someone in the category of Yau-Man and Cirie over someone like Corinne, Randy, and practically the whole cast of Gabon. We could get someone with a Jenna Lewis complex that wants to vote whoever off because they've already played the game. I wasn't a fan of Mike Skupin, but I always thought he deserved a second chance at the game (and really anyone who had to leave for medical reasons). I'd be surprised to see them go back too far, unless they do go for someone memorable like Rupert. Since I brought up Yau-Man and Cirie, I'll throw their names out there as someone who I think could get asked. I'm still hoping for Ozzy The water is that boys element. Someone from this season, I think it could be a bunch of people. Nicaragua, I barely remember anyone from that season, but I think there's possibilities there, too. Not sure I see anyone from Samoa getting the call, and from Tocantis I'm thinking Coach or Tyson. Whoever it is, I think it will be a non winner, somewhat of a fan favorite who maybe got screwed over somewhere along the way and the producers want to give them a second chance to see what they can do.

    Also, I just realized this, but there were quite a few people Probst didn't even talk to tonight. I know he usually only focuses on a select few, and pretty much ignores anyone pre-merge. But that's the first time I remember him completely ignoring people.
    I'm not a big fan of Mike myself, but the way he went out was sad. He ended up having to leave for something that was beyond his control.

    What was the name of that guy who kept his word to Tom, the eventual winner, and dropped out of the final challenge? It might be nice to give a second chance to people who didn't win because they drew a line and refused to step over it, even if it was going to cost them dearly. On the other hand, maybe it would just be disillusioning if they turned all villainous upon their return.

    It's really easier to come up with people I'd rather not see again than people I'd like to see again.

    Oh, wait, I know--let's do a network cross-over with Celebrity Apprentice and put NeNe and Gary in charge of the two teams. YIKES!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.