+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 48 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

Re: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

I can't call it the most perfect game ever played on Survivor. That's saying a lot with all of the seasons we've seen. There was a lot of luck involved, including having that many people willing to stick and stay with anyone. There is more than gameplay involved when you get that many people willing to hand their brains over to you. It takes a certain type of personality, and luckily for Rob they all ended up on his tribe.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Sandra is the most successful Survivor player ever. I lean towards Pavarti as the best player if winning the MOST games isn't required...
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Now we get to talk to Matt.

FORT Fogey

I especially didn't like the fact that Jeff gave Rob the tongue-bath right on the heels of Grant not particularly wanting to make up and be friends again. If they've had a chance to see any of the episodes now, and realize that Rob said and did some pretty nasty gloating behind their backs, I can see why Grant may not feel the same way about Rob. I know Rob views his game behavior as completely separate from his real life behavior (having no regular contact--or any kind of contact--with him, I have no idea if that's an accurate assessment of how he normally treats people or not), but I don't think it's unrealistic for others to have some doubts about whether or not they should really trust him outside of the game either. And who wants to be all buddy-buddy with someone they don't feel they can trust?

Rob said he was there to win a million dollars, not to make friends. He said so repeatedly. If Grant doesn't particularly want to continue to have further contact with him, then he's simply fulfilling Rob's statement, and Rob should accept that.

I don't know if I'd say Matt is the only one to get blindsided twice. Obviously, his blindsides led to his elimination. But what about the other people who didn't see a blindside coming?

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal View Post
    Oh please, you know the minute one of those kids is old enough to sign their name CBS is grabbing them up for a future season of Survivor.
    OH, don't even go there! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
    What an awful awful awful thing to do to us, unleashing the second generation!
    All the lying and schemeing and backstabbing, we learned it from you, Dad!
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    Amen to that. Sandra imo, deserves more publciity as the greatest player than Rob or anyone else. Two times, two wins. No sheeple. No aura. Plus, throw in Rob's other appearences on AR and it's like geesh pal, no one else has had six oppurtunities. Don't gloat- it's like getting five do overs in a golf game and then finally claiming victory as the greatest player ever. NOt really accuarate.
    Cant agree more! I will however admit he played the game.. and every one else was too rob-struck to play their own game. I feel that Rob didn't win.. everyone else lost.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I would like the RI thingy much better if it was more of a revolving door...like at different times..not just at the merge and at the end..like at 2 duels then 1 duel..then 3 duels...make it more interesting IMO
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal View Post
    I can't call it the most perfect game ever played on Survivor. That's saying a lot with all of the seasons we've seen. There was a lot of luck involved, including having that many people willing to stick and stay with anyone. There is more than gameplay involved when you get that many people willing to hand their brains over to you. It takes a certain type of personality, and luckily for Rob they all ended up on his tribe.
    Rob also never had to deal with a reward challenge where half the tribe was in one place and half in another, which gave him a lot more control. He also was incredibly lucky in the tribe into which he fell. The older, wiser, less nutty Zapatera tribe would probably not have been as easy to con into drinking the Kool-Aid Rob was serving up, no matter how allegedly charming he was being.

Jeff asks Andrea if there was a connection between her and Matt. She said he's cute, cool, and is probably blushing.

+ Reply to Thread