+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 5/11 Show discussion thread ***spoilers***

5/11 Show discussion thread ***spoilers***

Lets keep this in here until 1:00 am Eastern.

Thanks
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Re: 5/11 Show discussion thread ***spoilers***

We're finally seeing the two prom queens!

FORT Fogey

We're had a lot of weather interruptions here, so perhaps I heard wrong. Did the girls snort at Phillip for suggesting that they could get along on 1700 calories a day? Actually, that seemed like a pretty high calorie count for Survivor for a man or a woman. I think he said something like 3500 calories for a guy. I'm more familiar with calorie counts for women, but that seemed high for a guy, unless he was looking at Grant as a really active guy.

But seriously, who gets 3500 calories a day on Survivor? Or even 1700 calories a day?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    We're had a lot of weather interruptions here, so perhaps I heard wrong. Did the girls snort at Phillip for suggesting that they could get along on 1700 calories a day? Actually, that seemed like a pretty high calorie count for Survivor for a man or a woman. I think he said something like 3500 calories for a guy. I'm more familiar with calorie counts for women, but that seemed high for a guy, unless he was looking at Grant as a really active guy.

But seriously, who gets 3500 calories a day on Survivor? Or even 1700 calories a day?
    I think he meant that on a normal, non-Survivor day, Grant would need many more calories (3500) than the girls (who would only need about 1700) and so he needs more rice on Survivor. Not that any of them were actually getting anywhere near that amount during the game. He was getting upset with the girls for suggesting that Grant should get by on the same amount of rice as them, which is a fair argument.

I'm behind watching it ... who's out????
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar

It's very telling that there are only 5 posts in here and the show is over on the east coast. I'm so over this season.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Quick episode recap:

Ralph loses duel after starting out in front and becomes the fourth member of the jury.

Ashley won Reward / Immunity after Rob wanted her out, and she shared the reward with Natalie.

Grant was voted out 4-1 with Natalie recieving her first vote this season.

Finale is on Sunday.

FORT Fogey

Another boring episode from the Land of the Puppets.

Here's what I don't get -- in a season where almost every elimination has been a blindside, how can they all go around saying they trust everybody so much? They especially trust Rob, who has orchestrated every blindside. It could be argued that they did need to also get rid of Grant since he's a threat in challenges, but what about Grant waking up to that fact? And then Grant putting together a plan to save his sorry a$$? I'm amazed ...
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Just catching up on tonight's show (had to watch Idol). But, seeing Matt and Andrea's spat was pretty funny! Dirty looks vs. puppy-dog eyes - hahaha!
    And Ralph not giving her room in the shelter was good payback.

I love this show, and am enjoying this season (RI aside)! So I want to soak up every last minute.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev View Post
    I think he meant that on a normal, non-Survivor day, Grant would need many more calories (3500) than the girls (who would only need about 1700) and so he needs more rice on Survivor. Not that any of them were actually getting anywhere near that amount during the game. He was getting upset with the girls for suggesting that Grant should get by on the same amount of rice as them, which is a fair argument.
    I actually agreed with his argument in theory, though I could see why the girls might feel that giving Grant more to eat could work against them, since Ashley, at least, seemed to catch on tonight that she would essentially be feeding her competition. What I didn't like was their attitude that Phillip was way off the beam when he suggested that they could get by on 1700 calories a day, because they certainly could, unless they're a lot more active off the island.

I still thought the 3500 calories a day, even on a normal day, seemed a little high, unless Grant is especially active. But like I said, I'm way more familiar with the calorie counts for women.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast