+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 5/11 Show discussion thread ***spoilers***

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar

Re: 5/11 Show discussion thread ***spoilers***

Quote Originally Posted by rfromp View Post
    There's nothing exquisite about the way he's playing the game. After all he's had plenty of chances to learn the game. One should think that anyone who has been on those islands as long as he has would learn a thing or two about how to keep yourself in the running. Basically, just keep your mouth shut and "give your word" to a few not so crazy and weaker players and you're golden. He's doing nothing extrodinary. He's just using good old fashioned common sense and street smarts. Russell did the same thing but he was just too confrontational about it.

I'm sure the others do know that Rob has the Immunity Idol or at least have a strong assumption that he does because all this time no one has been looking for it and they are all too afraid to call him on it because they know how sneaky he is and would target them for elimination next.
    ITA a thousand times over, and even Rob has said numerous times (paraphrasing) "I've learned to not do this and not do that in the past". That's a luxury the others haven't had.

And this isn't the first time he's played with the HII. Last time he was totally tripped up by it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    And Rob just may use it to put a final stamp on how he has played this game beyond anyone else there. I don't think it would be a mark against him... I think it would cause even greater respect among the jury members (Zaps anyway.)

It's Rob's game to lose. I hate that he's back, and I hate Jeff's (and the producer's) love for him, but it's going to be a hard argument for anyone with him in the final three.

I originally thought Matt had the best shot against Rob, but now that Grant has hit RI I'm changing it to Grant. I believe he or Mike have the best shot of re-entering the game, and of those two, Grant has the best shot of winning it. Some would like to argue that it was the vote out of Russel that caused the Zaps demise, but I think that is in direct relation to the fact that the Ometepes had Grant to lead their tribe to wins time and time again. Grant was outplaying the Zaps in those early days and I would like to see him get his credit for it. Couple that with the fact that he was Rob's chief conspirator and he can also argue that he was right in there on outwitting. His biggest mark against him was that he got blindsided, but if he makes it back he can bring up the fact that Ashley was the true target.
    He also has the best chance of winning individual immunities if he gets back, and if he can do that, it won't matter that Rob has the idol, Grant can at least get himself to the end.
    I'm really really hoping that a Grant win is the final outcome. All of that said, Rob is poised to win this thing. Personally (as many of you know) I'm disappointed by that, to me, that's Survivor jumping the shark.
    I am a Rob fan and agree with you. I was not happy to see him back; or Russell either. Survivor is winding down and they were desperate in this casting. I didnt like all stars either but this is far worse. Because I like Rob I have enjoyed this season, but for different reasons than the straight forward game it usually is.

If Rob cannot win I hope it is Grant. There is no one else that would make a decent finale.
    Last edited by shoepie; 05-13-2011 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Making her sleep in the dirt because the Omatepe tribe didn't share their shelter/blanket doesn't make you a vindicated person, it makes you a jerk.
    We already learned there was only room for three people in the RI shelter. Like Steve, the newcomer will be on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    We already learned there was only room for three people in the RI shelter. Like Steve, the newcomer will be on his own.
    We have? Where?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    We have? Where?
    Either Steve or Mike mentioned it a week or two ago. One of them slept on the beach because there wasn't room.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    We have? Where?
    Because Ralph said so. Do they have any building materials? Who built the shelter in the first place? What do they do all day long at RI? Is it possible to add on to the shelter??

The whole RI thing is just weird to me. Someone built the shelter for them, Matt didn't do that all by himself. Is there an endless supply or rice or do they have to ration it?? Do they just sit around all day and stare at the fire?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Because Ralph said so. Do they have any building materials? Who built the shelter in the first place? What do they do all day long at RI? Is it possible to add on to the shelter??

The whole RI thing is just weird to me. Someone built the shelter for them, Matt didn't do that all by himself. Is there an endless supply or rice or do they have to ration it?? Do they just sit around all day and stare at the fire?
    Production built the shelter, and IIRC they supply the RI residents with a ration of rice.
    _(Moo!)

Quote Originally Posted by JORY'sMom View Post
    ITA a thousand times over, and even Rob has said numerous times (paraphrasing) "I've learned to not do this and not do that in the past". That's a luxury the others haven't had.

And this isn't the first time he's played with the HII. Last time he was totally tripped up by it.
    He may have learned to do this, that and the other thing, but other than Russell, he is the only one to come into the game with a ready-made target on his back. You saw how quickly they got rid of Russell, who has also had a couple of chances to learn how to do things. The fact that Rob is still here this close to the end (I don't think he's going to win, though) says volumes about how well he's playing.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    I agree, the "tradition" is that the 4th person sleeps outside, and "earns" their way inside. Of course now that the 4th person will always be from the O tribe that hogged the tarp after the merge may give a little added joy to that tradition to any Z team members who are "on the inside".

What did surprise me was that the strong "Christians" who, I'm guessing, come from a strong tradition of chivalry as well, didn't have a bit of a qualm about pushing her out.

And I agree, Matt is a moron not to get his own part in his 2nd ouster. If his former partner has any smarts she'll have her eyes opened to what kind of life partner he'd make....

She'd actually be able to make a decent argument for herself in the finale...scrambled back from a tough outsider position, has won and/or survived challenges...

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAmyG View Post
    Production built the shelter, and IIRC they supply the RI residents with a ration of rice.
    Just curious, but how did you know that production built the shelter on RI? It would seem that someone would have had to built it since the people who were sent there didn't appear to have any tools to use. In fact, Matt had to spend his first stint on RI in his flip flops since he didn't take his belongings with him the first time to TC.

So, if production built it, why did they not make it bigger - to accommodate the number of players that would eventually be arriving later on? Was that on purpose or an oversight on their part?

And, yes, it was not very nice of the guys to make Andrea sleep on the ground. However, she spoke about it in one of her PI's on the website. She wasn't that upset about it and even said that she would get to sleep in the shelter now, and the new guy or gal would have to sleep outside. She said they slept according to their pecking order. That is one thing that I like about Andrea. She does not complain and just takes things in stride.

I am going to give Matt and Mike the benefit of the doubt regarding their behavior over the sleeping arrangements since I still think that they are both good guys....just flawed like the rest of us. Because Matt's religious beliefs have been emphasized so much in the editing, he is being scrutinized that much closer because of it. That would be hard for anyone to live up to, and I am sure that he struggles at times.

+ Reply to Thread