+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 5/11 Show discussion thread ***spoilers***

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/11 Show discussion thread ***spoilers***

Quote Originally Posted by BritLit View Post
    Rob does still have the idol--and absolutely no one knows about it. In seasons past, it couldn't be used past the "last five" tribal. With Redemption, I don't know how they're going to treat it. In one of his tweets during the show a couple of episodes back, Jeff Probst was asked about it and his reply was that Rob "can use it all the way to the end." For whatever that's worth....

I assume the first thing on Sunday will be a duel and the winner goes back to the game. That would mean a tribal council with five, so I wonder if that will be the last time it can be used.
    I don't really like the idea of an immunity idol being available to use all the way until the end. Seems like that would mean the person holding it, if he/she were holding it at the time of the last immunity challenge, could just blow off the challenge, because he/she would know that he/she couldn't be voted off, and that's usually a particularly good challenge. I'd rather everyone be in there fighting for that last immunity.

An immunity idol that was good for the whole game should have been especially hard to find, at least. Neither of the IIs seemed that hard to find this season.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tammi View Post
    I think there are three separate games being played -- Jury House, Redemption Island, and the Island. Anything can happen on Sunday night!!

I could see the Jury House as sort of being a third game too, and what's sad is we're seeing a lot of the Island, some of RI, and none of the JH, so it's like there's all this game playing going on that we never get to evaluate or speculate about--what little of JH is available on the web is fun to watch, but it doesn't give you much idea of what the jurors may be discussing or thinking. It's just about how they feel about eating, the side trips they get to go on etc.

Just saying that for all the "he's a good Christian" edit that Matt gets he didn't act very "Christian" toward Andrea when she showed up at Redemption Island and neither did Mike letting Ralph bully her and letting her sleep outside of the Redemption Island hut. Great example brothers. Also Matt broke his promise to Andrea when he spilled his guts to Rob and he so stupid that he doesn't understand why Andrea voted him off the second time. Well, that's what happens to liars. If it wasn't for Redemption Island Matt would be a dim memory at this point I know I won't remember him much past this season. As for the possibility of him winning, well as naive and gullible as he is he will soon be parted with any cash he gets.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by march View Post
    Is Rob REALLY playing the game well? or is it just look that way because he is playing against a bunch of first timers. I know a lot of Rob lovers thinks he walks on water but you have to remember that this is Rob's 4th time at this game so he should have it pretty much mastered by now. If I recall Rob's first season he didn't even make it to jury.
    As for Matt, he would certainly "deserve" to win over Ashley or natalie, neither who have done anything besides lay on the beach and follow Rob.
    Which is why I think no one has made a move to try and get rid of him. It's an easy argument to the jury that this is Rob's 4th time in Survivor and also would be his second time to the final 2 and not only that but his wife has already once won the million. Pretty good argument to the jury of why they shouldn't give him their votes.

I'd like to know the prize money tier structure. I'm wondering if the longer someone lasts in the game without being voted out then the more money they receive. That's the only reason I can believe Phil has implemeneted his malignant "strategy." Even his budgie brain has realized he can't win so he just wants to make it as far as he can to get the most prize money possible which is why he continues his repulsive behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by rfromp View Post
    Which is why I think no one has made a move to try and get rid of him. It's an easy argument to the jury that this is Rob's 4th time in Survivor and also would be his second time to the final 2 and not only that but his wife has already once won the million. Pretty good argument to the jury of why they shouldn't give him their votes.

I'd like to know the prize money tier structure. I'm wondering if the longer someone lasts in the game without being voted out then the more money they receive. That's the only reason I can believe Phil has implemeneted his malignant "strategy." Even his budgie brain has realized he can't win so he just wants to make it as far as he can to get the most prize money possible which is why he continues his repulsive behavior.
    The runner-up gets $100,000 and it descends incrementally from there by approximately $5,000. There are also other perquisites as well as leveraging opportunities for popular contestants.

Just do a search. There is a lot of info out there.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Just saying that for all the "he's a good Christian" edit that Matt gets he didn't act very "Christian" toward Andrea when she showed up at Redemption Island and neither did Mike letting Ralph bully her and letting her sleep outside of the Redemption Island hut. Great example brothers. Also Matt broke his promise to Andrea when he spilled his guts to Rob and he so stupid that he doesn't understand why Andrea voted him off the second time. Well, that's what happens to liars. If it wasn't for Redemption Island Matt would be a dim memory at this point I know I won't remember him much past this season. As for the possibility of him winning, well as naive and gullible as he is he will soon be parted with any cash he gets.
    I agree with pretty much everything you have said. I didn't like the way any of the "boys" treated Andrea at RI when she arrived. They were petty and mean and no, not very hospitable or charitable. I hope they winced when they watched that.

I personally think Matt comes from a very insulated world. He went to a Christian high school and now attends a Christian college. His family, friends, probably most everyone he surrounds himself with shares his faith and his world view. It's not a bad thing, but it doesn't allow for much self-reflection or expanding your world view to include people who think or act differently than you do. He was probably upset because in his mind, Andrea betrayed him. He couldn't or wasn't able to see his own part in that situation, or how she would feel about being "betrayed" and thrown under the bus by him. He couldn't recognize the strength of her argument so could only respond with a childish "well, I'm sorry I ruined your survivor experience!"

Matt is a very nice guy I'm sure but he could certainly use a little life experience and might need to grow up a bit.

Ralph is just a bully and Mike is an ass for not sticking up for Andrea. It's a game, people. Making her sleep in the dirt because the Omatepe tribe didn't share their shelter/blanket doesn't make you a vindicated person, it makes you a jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I think Rob is playing the game exquisitely. This is the first time he's played with a HII, which he found, and has managed to keep that fact hidden from everyone ever since as well. He's been able to manipulate people, yet at the same time practically fly under the radar. He came in to this game knowing he'd have the first, and biggest, target on his back, and yet he is still there, with no talk of him ever being voted out by the core group.

I'd say he's playing the game extremely well. He deserves the win this season.
    There's nothing exquisite about the way he's playing the game. After all he's had plenty of chances to learn the game. One should think that anyone who has been on those islands as long as he has would learn a thing or two about how to keep yourself in the running. Basically, just keep your mouth shut and "give your word" to a few not so crazy and weaker players and you're golden. He's doing nothing extrodinary. He's just using good old fashioned common sense and street smarts. Russell did the same thing but he was just too confrontational about it.

I'm sure the others do know that Rob has the Immunity Idol or at least have a strong assumption that he does because all this time no one has been looking for it and they are all too afraid to call him on it because they know how sneaky he is and would target them for elimination next.

Quote Originally Posted by rfromp View Post
    There's nothing exquisite about the way he's playing the game. After all he's had plenty of chances to learn the game. One should think that anyone who has been on those islands as long as he has would learn a thing or two about how to keep yourself in the running. Basically, just keep your mouth shut and "give your word" to a few not so crazy and weaker players and you're golden. He's doing nothing extrodinary. He's just using good old fashioned common sense and street smarts. Russell did the same thing but he was just too confrontational about it.

I'm sure the others do know that Rob has the Immunity Idol or at least have a strong assumption that he does because all this time no one has been looking for it and they are all too afraid to call him on it because they know how sneaky he is and would target them for elimination next.
    Well that's your opinion, and you are certainly entitled to it. I still believe Rob is playing his best game ever. I've stated my reasons, and you really have said nothing that refutes what I have said.

I don't know why you would think anyone else know's Rob has the HII. It has not once been eluded to. I imagine that if he does use it, you will see a lot of shocked faces.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I agree with pretty much everything you have said. I didn't like the way any of the "boys" treated Andrea at RI when she arrived. They were petty and mean and no, not very hospitable or charitable. I hope they winced when they watched that.

I personally think Matt comes from a very insulated world. He went to a Christian high school and now attends a Christian college. His family, friends, probably most everyone he surrounds himself with shares his faith and his world view. It's not a bad thing, but it doesn't allow for much self-reflection or expanding your world view to include people who think or act differently than you do. He was probably upset because in his mind, Andrea betrayed him. He couldn't or wasn't able to see his own part in that situation, or how she would feel about being "betrayed" and thrown under the bus by him. He couldn't recognize the strength of her argument so could only respond with a childish "well, I'm sorry I ruined your survivor experience!"

Matt is a very nice guy I'm sure but he could certainly use a little life experience and might need to grow up a bit.

Ralph is just a bully and Mike is an ass for not sticking up for Andrea. It's a game, people. Making her sleep in the dirt because the Omatepe tribe didn't share their shelter/blanket doesn't make you a vindicated person, it makes you a jerk.
    ITA. Except I am not sure Matt is a really nice guy. I know little about christianity and when it rears its head in front of me I am always stunned. Matt has furthered my education and solidified the adoration I have for my parents in guiding me spritually, not religiously.

What is up with these bible readers?! Sleep in the dirt Andrea, it is gods will. ?????

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Well that's your opinion, and you are certainly entitled to it. I still believe Rob is playing his best game ever. I've stated my reasons, and you really have said nothing that refutes what I have said.

I don't know why you would think anyone else know's Rob has the HII. It has not once been eluded to. I imagine that if he does use it, you will see a lot of shocked faces.
    And Rob just may use it to put a final stamp on how he has played this game beyond anyone else there. I don't think it would be a mark against him... I think it would cause even greater respect among the jury members (Zaps anyway.)

It's Rob's game to lose. I hate that he's back, and I hate Jeff's (and the producer's) love for him, but it's going to be a hard argument for anyone with him in the final three.

I originally thought Matt had the best shot against Rob, but now that Grant has hit RI I'm changing it to Grant. I believe he or Mike have the best shot of re-entering the game, and of those two, Grant has the best shot of winning it. Some would like to argue that it was the vote out of Russel that caused the Zaps demise, but I think that is in direct relation to the fact that the Ometepes had Grant to lead their tribe to wins time and time again. Grant was outplaying the Zaps in those early days and I would like to see him get his credit for it. Couple that with the fact that he was Rob's chief conspirator and he can also argue that he was right in there on outwitting. His biggest mark against him was that he got blindsided, but if he makes it back he can bring up the fact that Ashley was the true target.
    He also has the best chance of winning individual immunities if he gets back, and if he can do that, it won't matter that Rob has the idol, Grant can at least get himself to the end.
    I'm really really hoping that a Grant win is the final outcome. All of that said, Rob is poised to win this thing. Personally (as many of you know) I'm disappointed by that, to me, that's Survivor jumping the shark.

+ Reply to Thread