+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 5/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 5/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    We won't know however until Probst says "If anyone has a hidden immunity idol, this is the last night to use it." If Rob has regular immunity he won't use it and it's washed out. If he does NOT have it I'm sure he'll use it then to guarantee his safety, even if he receives NO votes.
    I can't see him not playing it at that point. He seems paranoid enough about the target on his back that he wouldn't trust anyone who says "we're not voting for you"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I can't see him not playing it at that point. He seems paranoid enough about the target on his back that he wouldn't trust anyone who says "we're not voting for you"
    Yes, he is way too smart not to play it at the next TC if he does not have immunity.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    He could talk himself out of the fan favorite money if he comes across as too obnoxious.
    Nobody could have been more obnoxious in their PIs than Russell, and that didn't stop fans from giving him the money twice, so I doubt Rob has much to worry about there.

I agree that the RI twist is ruining the best parts of the game, because the uncertainty of how it will play out increases the risk of flipping enough to discourage it entirely, resulting in a return to the pagonging we have witnessed. Also, based on the discussion among the Zaps, it's clear that if anyone makes it back from RI into the F3, they will just automatically get the votes of all the jury members who have been on RI themselves, which means the majority, and therefore that person becomes the winner regardless of who they are. That's a flaw in this new feature that the producers probably didn't foresee happening. I hope they retire it, or really revamp it, after this season.

Regarding whether Rob was "faking" or embellishing his distress, Jeff asked him if he was cramping afterwards, and he said yes, so I seriously doubt this was all part of some masterplan of Rob's to engender sympathy. The guy has always been super competitive, and is just desperate to finally win; I'm sure he gets a lot of ribbing from people he meets about how he never has (comments on this board are certainly indicative of that), and he REALLY wants it (I'm sure that's why a pregnant Amber let him go try; she understands how much it means to him). At 35, he's no longer the athlete he was in his 20's, but his mind just refused to give up, even though his body almost had.

FORT Fogey

I don't think Rob will play the II at the last opportunity unless he feels he's really the target that night -- as he should be. Will his paranoia be strong enough to out himself to all the potential jury members that he's been hiding this huge secret the whole game? Then (if they have a brain) they'll have to wonder what else he's been hiding, what other secrets he's kept, and if they really want to give him their vote.

On second thought, yeah Rob is that paranoid. He'll play it.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

I don't see how Rob is being obnoxious at all in his PI's. Last night you could see and hear his emotion about how hard he's been playing this game and how badly he wants to win. How is that obnoxious exactly? I also don't see him talking himself out of anything, winning wise, or fan favorite wise. The majority of the folks I know who watch want him to win. I doubt he was really acting about the cramping either. As another poster pointed out, in 110 degree heat (that is most likely humid as well), with barely any food for the past 30 days, I would imagine we would all be feeling like crap after that challenge. He wasn't the only one complaining about shaking legs, etc either, when they got back to camp.

Phil was interesting last night. He actually made sense last night with the things he was saying in the PI's. I also love how Rob is already picking up on it.

Not loving the RI aspect all that much either. I found it interesting that Mike gave up his "love" for the Ome's though. Doing that isn't going to make any of them not vote him out if he gets back in the tribe. A million dollars > family for a few hours in Survivor. Mike himself said as much.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    Nobody could have been more obnoxious in their PIs than Russell, and that didn't stop fans from giving him the money twice, so I doubt Rob has much to worry about there.

I agree that the RI twist is ruining the best parts of the game, because the uncertainty of how it will play out increases the risk of flipping enough to discourage it entirely, resulting in a return to the pagonging we have witnessed. Also, based on the discussion among the Zaps, it's clear that if anyone makes it back from RI into the F3, they will just automatically get the votes of all the jury members who have been on RI themselves, which means the majority, and therefore that person becomes the winner regardless of who they are. That's a flaw in this new feature that the producers probably didn't foresee happening. I hope they retire it, or really revamp it, after this season.

Regarding whether Rob was "faking" or embellishing his distress, Jeff asked him if he was cramping afterwards, and he said yes, so I seriously doubt this was all part of some masterplan of Rob's to engender sympathy. The guy has always been super competitive, and is just desperate to finally win; I'm sure he gets a lot of ribbing from people he meets about how he never has (comments on this board are certainly indicative of that), and he REALLY wants it (I'm sure that's why a pregnant Amber let him go try; she understands how much it means to him). At 35, he's no longer the athlete he was in his 20's, but his mind just refused to give up, even though his body almost had.
    I agree with everything here.

There was nothing to gain for him to have acted so debilitated at the finish of the challenge.

As for RI, yes, bad move. If the returning player does not get booted they are the likely winner.

Alexxx- I don't think Rob will play the II at the last opportunity unless he feels he's really the target that night -- as he should be. Will his paranoia be strong enough to out himself to all the potential jury members that he's been hiding this huge secret the whole game? Then (if they have a brain) they'll have to wonder what else he's been hiding, what other secrets he's kept, and if they really want to give him their vote.

On second thought, yeah Rob is that paranoid. He'll play it.
    He will be the recipient of some anger for not sharing his find, should he make it. However he will not be so stupid as to not take that risk to save himself. Better to defend himself in the finale than to be on the jury with an II in his pocket. Paranoia is not at play here. He is the biggest target and he knows it.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Jeff so obviously favours Rob it makes me ill. "Rob is literally carrying his family on his back!" *love* *drool* ick.

And Rob's comment about winning the money to make a better life for he and his (millionaire) wife also makes me ill. There are so many reasons to not want to vote for Rob.

As for Phillip faking his crazy, I don't believe it. Wouldn't he be sane in his confessionals then? Only WE see those, so it doesn't make sense. He's just as nutso talking to the cameras as he is talking to his tribemates. The man is certifiable.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Jeff so obviously favours Rob it makes me ill. "Rob is literally carrying his family on his back!" *love* *drool* ick.

And Rob's comment about winning the money to make a better life for he and his (millionaire) wife also makes me ill. There are so many reasons to not want to vote for Rob.

As for Phillip faking his crazy, I don't believe it. Wouldn't he be sane in his confessionals then? Only WE see those, so it doesn't make sense. He's just as nutso talking to the cameras as he is talking to his tribemates. The man is certifiable.
    After taxes Amber probably ended up with around $650,000 or less. If they were smart they invested for their future and probably bought a home and a couple of cars. They are not millionaires.

I agree about Philip. His PIs would expose this act. He would be proud of his ability to act crazy. He is just as crazy in them.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post

Thank you. Rob's display last night wasn't about money -- at least I haven't heard they were in foreclosure or having any particular difficulty -- it was all about personal glory and ego gratification. Very similar to another all-star that everyone loves to hate so much. And if I'm Ambuh sitting at home watching it with a baby on one knee and expecting another, I'm royally pissed at him for taking such a stupid chance for no better reason than the glorification of the Robfather. Half the team was able to realize they couldn't physically continue and they slowed down. Why couldn't Rob realize the same? Ego. And then to have everybody -- including Probst, thank you very much -- fawning over him after having taken such a stupid chance was just too much. Puke.

I've been all about giving credit to Rob all season for not only knowing how to play the game, but also knowing who he's playing with and how to completely manipulate them. But honestly, I really don't think it's been that hard to do. Still, he's done it and gotten this far. Kudos to him for that. But last night, I was disgusted by him.

As for Phillip, yeah he's certifiable. If he's part of the F3 I hope there's plenty of security on set when the votes are read.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    Thank you. Rob's display last night wasn't about money -- at least I haven't heard they were in foreclosure or having any particular difficulty -- it was all about personal glory and ego gratification. Very similar to another all-star that everyone loves to hate so much. And if I'm Ambuh sitting at home watching it with a baby on one knee and expecting another, I'm royally pissed at him for taking such a stupid chance for no better reason than the glorification of the Robfather. Half the team was able to realize they couldn't physically continue and they slowed down. Why couldn't Rob realize the same? Ego. And then to have everybody -- including Probst, thank you very much -- fawning over him after having taken such a stupid chance was just too much. Puke.

I've been all about giving credit to Rob all season for not only knowing how to play the game, but also knowing who he's playing with and how to completely manipulate them. But honestly, I really don't think it's been that hard to do. Still, he's done it and gotten this far. Kudos to him for that. But last night, I was disgusted by him.

As for Phillip, yeah he's certifiable. If he's part of the F3 I hope there's plenty of security on set when the votes are read.
    Criticize Rob all you want, but I honestly have the feeling that "Ambuh" is totally supportive of Rob doing what he loves to do; and if she had any resentment about it, he wouldn't be there in the first place. Maybe that's not the type of relationship that some of us have with our spouses, but I suspect that part of why they seem so happy together is that they really "get" each other.

Rob's comments about the money didn't bother me, because he isn't crying poverty to his fellow contestants, which some do. And we don't know how much that response was prompted by the producers to further their own storyline. Personally, I think winning the money is pretty low on Rob's list of motivating factors at this point. He's such a competitive guy that it is killing him to have not been able to win the game in three tries. I bet he would forfeit the money if he could have the satisfaction of having won once (legitimately, that is, unlike Russell trying to buy the title after the fact).

+ Reply to Thread