+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 5/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    My money's on Ralph...
    I wish I could give the poster credit here for saying something hysterical in regard to Ralph.

Watching Ralph trying to strategize is like watching a toddler behind the wheel of a parked car... he understands the concept, but his comprehension ends there.
    Step forward and claim your wit!

FORT Newbie

Right after the challenge, I told my cat to go get water.....I need water!
    I swear, just sitting there and watching Rob I got dehydrated, exhausted, and shakey!! Not really but that was intense. I know I couldn't have done it. I'd have pat myself on the back for getting one plank in.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I wish I could give the poster credit here for saying something hysterical in regard to Ralph.

Step forward and claim your wit!
    Ralph is absolutely hilarious! I loved his family video; first statement is that the cows are okay and a couple of chickens had died. Now that the important things are out of the way...

Ralph's family video was very funny. He is totally clueless about this game, though.

Watching Rob's final attempt to crawl up to the top, with Grant actually making a push to sprint with that last piece, really showed me how much he wants and needs to win this game. He was running completely on empty at that point. I hate really hot weather, and cannot imagine doing that challenge while tired, hungry, dehydrated, etc. Props to Andrea for being such a little powerhouse!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Ralph's family video was very funny. He is totally clueless about this game, though.

Watching Rob's final attempt to crawl up to the top, with Grant actually making a push to sprint with that last piece, really showed me how much he wants and needs to win this game. He was running completely on empty at that point. I hate really hot weather, and cannot imagine doing that challenge while tired, hungry, dehydrated, etc. Props to Andrea for being such a little powerhouse!!
    I agree. It was impressive. I wonder how long it took to get him down the steps to finish the scene. He wants this desperately.

Love Ralphs update on the livestock too!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    I know all about dehydration and heat stroke. It's a constant threat where I live from April through November. If he was in real danger, he could have quit, called for Medical, taken care of it. What I objected to was his sappy crappy acting job. Oh poor Rob, who matters so much more than anybody else on the tribe. Everybody come help our fearless leader so he can turn around and whip our a$$es at final tribal council. This tribe doesn't have a collective brain among them. Rob couldn't be any luckier.
    I have to say that I disagree here - when you're out in a situation for a million dollars and know you have a target on your back, you're not going to call it quit and get treated. From the looks of things too by then he was already having serious issues and it was affecting his mind to the point he was already going to deny medical. He honestly may not have known or remembered to call medical.

PLUS, there are many who are afraid that if you call medical you get an automatic removal from the game. Given the confusion and exhaustion he may not have remembered that you can call medical and still not be removed from the game - like what happened last time he competed and he really did pass out.

I really truly do not think it was a "crappy acting job" - I really think the exhaustion was playing with his mind. When I've had heat exhaustion myself, I ended up in the same mental state. It is a very weird experience - knowing you're not all right but being so confused that you think you are. You end up sounding a bit like he did.

And - really Rob has nothing to do with the team following him around like Fearless Leader. They - save Phillip really - have the Boris and Natasha attitude where they worship him. That's their fault, not his.

I'm no gigantic fan of Rob's mind you, but I'm not going to say he's only doing well because of his own team's stupidity. I think he'd been able to convince the Zapateras to keep him if he had been on their tribe instead of Russell.

I think Grant and Rob are just waiting for this stupid RI twist to be up before they turn on each other. Neither one wants to risk voting out one now. If one goes it would leave the largest target on the back of the other, and with RI still in play they may just pop right back into the game. I think the RI twist is slowing down the real backstabbing action we're all waiting for.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

I definitely don't think it was an acting job either. The man could barely get up the stairs, you could see his legs were shaking like crazy and he was completely and utterly spent. As I said before, since I have never tried to do such a physical task in 110 degree heat while dehydrated and subsisting on about 1/2 cup of rice a day, I won't speak to what my reaction might have been. Sure, others seemed to be ok afterwards, but as we've seen in HvV, Rob's body doesn't do well with dehydration. He passed out there, and almost did here.

What I do like is that nobody can say he didn't push himself to win, that he feels so powerful with this tribe that he sits back and doesn't try.

I really, really hope next season they do away with RI. I miss the reward challenges. If they had used RI up until the merge, when Matt came back in and it's a new playing field, that's one thing. But to keep it going and now we almost have two separate tribes playing, only the one tribe just has to win a challenge to stay in rather than backstab someone. That makes for more friends on the jury and fewer enemies. It's ridiculous and completely stacks the field for whoever comes back from RI. Makes me mental, this twist right now.

[QUOTE=Tilden;4285664]
    Quote Originally Posted by straycat80 View Post
    He (Rob) still has that immunity idol, but I think at some point that will get thrown out of play, whether he's used it or not--that's how it's worked in the past, right? If it gets to the point where he hasn't got immunity, and the remaining players still don't vote him out, thinking he'll take them to the finals, they really are idiots. To get out the person who thought he was calling all the shot would be huge in anyone's argument as to why he/she should win.
    Usually the HII can be used up to the final four. This was done after Yul used it as a threat (quite well I may add) to get to the final three automatically. (Note, Yul actually never used it). Now they must play for the final three spot and can't just coast to it.

This season however with RI, this may change depending on when they bring back the final RI member back into the game. It may be usable until final three because they haven't factored in the RI player.

We won't know however until Probst says "If anyone has a hidden immunity idol, this is the last night to use it." If Rob has regular immunity he won't use it and it's washed out. If he does NOT have it I'm sure he'll use it then to guarantee his safety, even if he receives NO votes.

+ Reply to Thread