+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 5/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

[QUOTE=straycat80;4285656]Everyone, like Andrea, is trusting Rob. Well, maybe not Phillip. But once everyone else is voted off and Rob is still standing these people are going to be mad at Rob and not voted for him. I think they will finally realize that Rob had lied to them and that might be his downfall.

What Rob is counting on is that if he makes it to the final, people will respect his game play if not his actual actions. That is, that they won't like that he lied to them but that they'll see it as strategically smart. Sometimes juries do vote that way, and sometimes they don't. So, yeah, it could be his downfall or it could save him, depending on whether he makes it to the final or not. He still has that immunity idol, but I think at some point that will get thrown out of play, whether he's used it or not--that's how it's worked in the past, right? If it gets to the point where he hasn't got immunity, and the remaining players still don't vote him out, thinking he'll take them to the finals, they really are idiots. To get out the person who thought he was calling all the shot would be huge in anyone's argument as to why he/she should win.

I would like to think that after seeing Andrea blindsided that it would occur to the other players that, at this point, they really can't trust anyone's word on anything, but so far they haven't seemed capable of that much independent thought.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80 View Post
    Everyone, like Andrea, is trusting Rob. Well, maybe not Phillip. But once everyone else is voted off and Rob is still standing these people are going to be mad at Rob and not voted for him. I think they will finally realize that Rob had lied to them and that might be his downfall.

I just get a feeling in my gut that Philip is going to be the actual one who gets Rob blindsided. I think his acting stupid is just that, an act.

I would love Rob to win it all though.

FORT Newbie

Doesn't Rob still have the Hidden Immunity Idol that he can use before final 4 next week? Week to Week the Tribe has followed Rob and each person Rob has said was leaving was voted off. We are now down to 5 and if Rob has the Hidden Immunity Idol and has to use the Idol before final 4 that would be next Thursday and Rob would be in the Final 4 that will air on Finale Sunday May 15, 2011. So, Rob has great chance to make final 3.

[QUOTE=klmom3;4285666]I just get a feeling in my gut that Philip is going to be the actual one who gets Rob blindsided. I think his acting stupid is just that, an act.

The thing about Phillip is that no one takes him seriously so I can't see him talking strategy with Grant and the other two girls to get Rob blindsided. They all laugh at him and roll their eyes everytime he says anything. And according to next week's previews the girls get in a fight with Phillip and call him a psycho.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I think Andrea deserves some praise too. She's tiny, and she held her own in that challenge. Those planks had to heavier for her, in terms of percentage of her own body weight, than for Grant or Rob.
    Andrea may be down, but not yet out. She still has a chance to come back from RI and possibly win this game.

FORT Fan

Did anyone else laugh at Phillip when he said it was his strategy to be hated so that people would take him to the final? What awful strategy! How in the world would you justify that to a jury? "Hey Steve, I called you racist but it was only so people would think I could never win and take me to the final. Please vote for me, I don't really think you're racist."

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    I know all about dehydration and heat stroke. It's a constant threat where I live from April through November. If he was in real danger, he could have quit, called for Medical, taken care of it. What I objected to was his sappy crappy acting job. Oh poor Rob, who matters so much more than anybody else on the tribe. Everybody come help our fearless leader so he can turn around and whip our a$$es at final tribal council. This tribe doesn't have a collective brain among them. Rob couldn't be any luckier.
    I hate to say it but I too thought he was "acting" a bit. It was strategic for the others to see him as human and beatable not an unbeatable challenge king. It also puts the idea in the others heads not to try too hard at challenges cause Rob and Grant are the Challenge Masters.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I hate to say it but I too thought he was "acting" a bit. It was strategic for the others to see him as human and beatable not an unbeatable challenge king. It also puts the idea in the others heads not to try too hard at challenges cause Rob and Grant are the Challenge Masters.
    Very good point....He certainly has to make Grant think that at any given moment Grant could beat him.... To the others he could say he was worried that Andrea would win individual immunity so he had to win...but he COULD have let Grant take that one for the team. I think he is wants to LOOK beatable, while still not being beaten, both for safety's sake, and because he can use a string of wins in his F3 argument.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cbdr98 View Post
    Doesn't Rob still have the Hidden Immunity Idol that he can use before final 4 next week? Week to Week the Tribe has followed Rob and each person Rob has said was leaving was voted off. We are now down to 5 and if Rob has the Hidden Immunity Idol and has to use the Idol before final 4 that would be next Thursday and Rob would be in the Final 4 that will air on Finale Sunday May 15, 2011. So, Rob has great chance to make final 3.
    The thing is we are really not quite down to 5...at least one person from RI is coming back...so it isn't clear when is the last week to use the HI. If he keeps winning individual immunity he won't ever need to use it. I actually think his tribe might be really upset that he kept that a secret from them! He might be better off never playing it if he feels secure.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345 View Post
    But no ones sees or hears the PI but US the audiences so I don't think he is talking himself out of the money that way....
    He could talk himself out of the fan favorite money if he comes across as too obnoxious.

+ Reply to Thread