+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 123

Thread: 5/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

  1. #111
    FORT Fogey Lil Bit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Iowa
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,415

    Re: 5/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I can see that easily. Rob and Russell are different people. Russell rubbed people the wrong way immediately. Rob has yet to rub anyone the wrong way on either tribe.
    Well, I don't think Matt is all that fond of him after figuring out that Rob masterminded his elimination... twice! "lol But you're, right. Rob would be way easier to take than Russell. Rob has taken what he has learned in previous seasons and put that knowledge to good use. Russell on the other hand, doesn't seem to be able to learn from his mistakes.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

  2. #112
    FORT Fogey luvlady345's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sunny, South Carolina
    Posts
    1,136

    Re: 5/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    Well, I don't think Matt is all that fond of him after figuring out that Rob masterminded his elimination... twice! "lol But you're, right. Rob would be way easier to take than Russell. Rob has taken what he has learned in previous seasons and put that knowledge to good use. Russell on the other hand, doesn't seem to be able to learn from his mistakes.
    Well if Matt isn't that fond of Rob, I guess he isn't fond of anyone on his team because they all voted him out twice......I agree Rob has played a good game, even though he is leading his team he making them feel like they have input in all of the decisions an it is benfitting them all, it odd that only 3 will get to the end but they all assume it will be them with Rob, none of them as of yet has firgured it out who is Rob's top 2 and I will say that's amazing!

  3. #113
    FORT Fogey ironcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,454

    Re: 5/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345 View Post
    Have you read Steve's interview reagrding of Rob would have been on Zap would he have beeen voted off as fast as Russell was? He answered that he didn't think Rob would have been and then he went on to explain why...Russell/Rob are 2 different people therefore peole are going to react different to them in any given situation....
    Thanks for bringing this up. I am frankly getting tired of hearing the claim that Rob and Russell are interchangeable parts and the only reason their respective fates on the show have in essence been the exact opposite, is because one tribe was inflexibly close-minded to any "repeater", while the other was just a bunch of mindless fools looking for any old somebody to worship. Although I expect to hear exactly this sentiment on the reunion from Russell.

  4. #114
    FORT Fogey navybelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,445

    Re: 5/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    I found Phillip's interaction with his sister very telling. He was weird with her, too, and not that warm or "normal" acting. I wonder what his family thinks of his antics on the show - if they're used to it?

  5. #115
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: 5/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    I found Phillip's interaction with his sister very telling. He was weird with her, too, and not that warm or "normal" acting. I wonder what his family thinks of his antics on the show - if they're used to it?
    Yes, I noticed the strain, as well.

  6. #116
    *it's crazy* rfromp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    199

    Re: 5/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Ho hum, no drama, no surprises, no nothing ... again. If you didn't know Andrea was next then you haven't been watching. Oh and Steve was next to the jury. How very underwhelming.

    Has anyone ever gained any favor with the jury by giving away the family visit like Mike did? And to give it to those little #?*! who will vote him right back off if given the chance. Nincompoop.

    So Phillip will have us believe that showing his butt and acting like a jerk was his strategy all along. Hey Phil, if I believed that I'd be as dumb as you. And his sister looked just as looney as he is.

    As much as I don't like Rob, I'm actually rooting for him to win so maybe in the future Survivor won't recruit so many donkeys.
    Last edited by dagwood; 05-08-2011 at 09:08 PM.

  7. #117
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    791

    Re: 5/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by rfromp View Post
    Ho hum, no drama, no surprises, no nothing ... again. If you didn't know Andrea was next then you haven't been watching. Oh and Steve was next to the jury. How very underwhelming.

    Has anyone ever gained any favor with the jury by giving away the family visit like Mike did? And to give it to those little #?*! who will vote him right back off if given the chance. Nincompoop.

    So Phillip will have us believe that showing his butt and acting like a jerk was his strategy all along. Hey Phil, if I believed that I'd be as dumb as you. And his sister looked just as looney as he is.

    As much as I don't like Rob, I'm actually rooting for him to win so maybe in the future Survivor won't recruit so many donkeys.
    ROFL - and goats

  8. #118
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: 5/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    I am a huge Rob fan but I was not pleased he hear he and Russell were coming back. I prefer a season with no "stars." It is just a better show.

  9. #119
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,864

    Re: 5/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I am a huge Rob fan but I was not pleased he hear he and Russell were coming back. I prefer a season with no "stars." It is just a better show.
    I think that without Russell and Rob this season it would have been another season of dumb and dumber and dumbest.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  10. #120
    *it's crazy* rfromp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    199

    Re: 5/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    What would be nice, since we all know what is going to happen next, is if the show mixes it up somehow. Possibly bringing back all of the Redemption Islanders and having a multiple elimation episode would be about the only way to inject some life into this season's corpse. It's going to be an incredible lackluster bore watching Rob and his toadies blindside each other until Rob makes it to the final three and everyone concedes what a Survivor prodigy he is and bequeaths to him his deserved million.

    Rather than who will be this season's Survivor, I am more curious about how the reunion show is going to go down. Will it be a, let's not interview the Survivors but instead interview random celebrities colossal suck-fest, like last season? Most likely it will be the all hail the almighty divine superhuman brilliance that is Rob and his equally adept matriarch Ambuh and their Survivor phenom offspring who could win Survivor right now if the survivors were given formula instead of rice.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.