+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 4/20 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 4/20 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Endit View Post
    Rob is already the winner. Just give him the million already. We can see how this will go: off Grant and Andrea, the only 2 who have actual meaning, and in the end it's Rob joined by one or both of the useless girls or Phillip and why award any of them the money? Whoever comes back from Redemption will get steamrolled if this keeps up.

Totally. Just stop the show, give Rob the check, apologize to the viewers and promise no more "All-Stars" for at least the next ten seasons (if it lasts that long). I don't see how Rob can lose. I don't like the guy but he did a great job on winning this season. Next season really has got to be gold to make up for this atrocious debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Julie, grow up. I get that he was a pain to live with, but stealing his shorts and burying them is the act of a child.
    lol, I liked that she buried his shorts. That was the perfect Russell Hantz move if she did it to get Phillip riled up so his tribe would vote him off. Too bad it didn't work. I don't understand why he just doesn't wear his shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by rfromp View Post
    lol, I liked that she buried his shorts. That was the perfect Russell Hantz move if she did it to get Phillip riled up so his tribe would vote him off. Too bad it didn't work. I don't understand why he just doesn't wear his shorts.
    She didn't do it as a Russell Hantz move, she did it because she's a petty, vindictive bitch, and if she had any moral core whatsoever she would be ashamed of herself.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

If the tribe has remained divided with no possibility of team Rob allowing any of the others in then why should they share their rice? Is the other team sharing the tarp? I am one of those people who comes up with retorts about 15 minutes too late but I was yelling at the TV last night trying to give Steve some "oh yeahs" to use.

I really wish there could be a flip but I think the final 3 will be team Robs.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

FORT Fogey

I think you have to be a Rob fan to enjoy this season. I am loving every minute of it.

I think if Julie's decision to bury the shorts was a strategic one, like you said, we would have heard her comment as such. I agree with sweetpea that she did it purely out of spite. I get that she and the other Zaps were extremely frustrated with Phillip (I'm sure I would have been also), but her actions made her look almost as bad as Phillip's made him look crazy. And the reason he wasn't wearing the shorts at that moment was because they were drying on the line. (I can't account for the rest of the time.)

That said, I think the Ometepes (or Rob) chose Julie to vote out because, of the three remaining Zaps, she was the most strategic one, and the one who seemed most capable of attempting to create some sort of rift among them. Ralph is just not clever enough to do anything, and Steve appears to have lost all his fight. Julie also was pretty good at challenges, or at least no worse than the two guys. I agree that as distasteful as keeping Phillip might have been for his tribemates, until they know how RI is going to figure back into the game, it is risky to change the original plan, unless doing so will gain them another advantage. To that end, I can see Rob now considering getting rid of Andrea next week, only because it guarantees that she and Matt will not both be around to attempt another alliance in the future, which will then come after him. I wonder how he will sell this notion to the rest of his tribe, since that scenario could actually be to the benefit of some of them.

And as has already been said, kudos to Jeff for diffusing the race card situation at TC. While fanning the flames, and egging Phillip on might have created lots more drama, it would have been irresponsible as a host to do so, when dealing with such a volatile issue.
    Last edited by ironcat; 04-21-2011 at 09:03 AM.

FORT Regular

I don't think Phil felt he was stealing anyone's rice as he felt that once the tribe's merged in to one tribe, all the food belonged to all of them (which is how I would feel too). But mixing the rice would have been the wrong thing to do after some of it got contaminated.
    I agree with what TBAMom said a few messages ago, the other team isn't sharing the tarp and they already declined to share in the fish, so why should the rice be shared all of a sudden?

Someone noted (I don't remember who), that the rice was for everyone, but anything won via a reward challenge (pre-merge) still belonged to the tribe members who won it (tarp).

I don't remember that being the guideline in previous seasons, or did I miss something. In previous seasons, I thought everyone shared everything post merge.

It's really Rob's influence that is keeping the divide between the two tribes (and he admits it). It might be a good strategy for him, but it's hurting his team with regard to food for the time being.

FORT Fogey

22 seasons and this is easily the most pathetic one. I'm not the least bit enthused to watch another episode.

1. It doesn't matter who wins immunity. As long as there is someone left from Zap then that's who's getting voted out.

2. It doesn't matter who wins the exile challenge. They're all from Zap so if they do go back to the tribe they'll just be voted back to exile. All exile is doing now is determining the jury order. So what? Where's the suspense in that? Who cares? I guess that's all the suspense we get and that's why there still is an exile. Blah.
    I've been thinking about the RI aspect of the game. I wonder if it would have been more interesting if no one still in the game knew who was winning the challenges and still had a shot at re-entering the game or if every time someone won on RI, he/she earned a clue for an II hidden on RI. The person who found the II could then either choose to use it to stay on RI after a loss or, if he/she should not lose, hold onto it as he/she re-entered the game. Not knowing who was winning or not knowing if the person who did win and could re-enter might have an immunity idol might make the strategizing over who was voted out a little more interesting.

That is, of course, assuming that they might bring RI back for another season, which may or may not happen. The way it's set up right now, I don't feel it adds that much to the game.
    Last edited by Tilden; 04-21-2011 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neecy44 View Post
    Someone noted (I don't remember who), that the rice was for everyone, but anything won via a reward challenge (pre-merge) still belonged to the tribe members who won it (tarp).

I don't remember that being the guideline in previous seasons, or did I miss something. In previous seasons, I thought everyone shared everything post merge.
    I think that was purely made up by the ruling tribe at this merge, and it worked to Ometepe's advantage up to the point of the infested rice.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I absolutely agree. I also think that part of his winning streak at RI has to do with the mental aspect as well. Being in the game with other players...the constant tension, plotting behind people's backs, watching, listening, observing, paranoia...etc...is part of the game he gets to avoid. I believe that that is the part that breaks you down. He doesn't have 'that' particular stress to deal with daily, hourly, minutely. I'm not saying that the solitary isn't taxing, but I can't imagine it being anything compared to the constant tension of actually being with the tribe. I don't know if I could even sleep out there. I'd be worried about the plotting once I dozed off..
    Which would be harder--being around the plotting or being in isolation--probably depends on the kind of personality someone has. Some people would prefer the tension to being alone while others would prefer the isolation to the tension. I think I'd probably fall into the latter camp, but I know people who really can't stand being alone who'd likely prefer the former.

+ Reply to Thread