+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 4/20 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 4/20 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Ok...I hate Julie now because she hid Phil's shorts. Now I'm gonna have to watch Survivor with Phil wearing his disgusting pink panties throughout the rest of the season!!! Aaaarrggh!!!

Phil is a certifiable lunatic.

I think they voted off Julie because she admitted to hiding Phil's shorts? There was no talk from the former O tribe on who will they vote off except of hints from Jeff that it's either Phil or Steve.

I wish Matt lost. I can't stand him as much as Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post

I think they voted off Julie because she admitted to hiding Phil's shorts? There was no talk from the former O tribe on who will they vote off except of hints from Jeff that it's either Phil or Steve.
    When would they have had time to agree upon that? They didn't know until tribal. They have been tossing her name out there each week as a potential person to vote out. I think they decided before TC.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Addressing a few things...

What Rob actually said was, no one man should have this much power on an island, but that he was grateful that he did.

I don't think Phil felt he was stealing anyone's rice as he felt that once the tribe's merged in to one tribe, all the food belonged to all of them (which is how I would feel too). But mixing the rice would have been the wrong thing to do after some of it got contaminated.

How could the viewer's know that Rob is the one that made the decision about Julie, against anyone else's wish to have Phil go instead? One can certainly assume that I suppose but it was never shown or implied, and I seriously doubt (IMHO) that's what happened or we would have seen something alluding to that. Everyone seems pretty darn content on Ometepe.

I love that Rob won immunity. Phil is a total nut job. I think that Jeff did a really good job at tribal tonight in helping everyone understand where Phil was coming from though. But he's still off his rocker lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post

How could the viewer's know that Rob is the one that made the decision about Julie, against anyone else's wish to have Phil go instead? One can certainly assume that I suppose but it was never shown or implied, and I seriously doubt (IMHO) that's what happened or we would have seen something alluding to that. Everyone seems pretty darn content on Ometepe.
    We can't. I'm thinking that the reason they didn't vote Philip out tonight is because of three reasons...1) He's extremely loyal. 2) As long as he's there, there is a bigger target than any of them...even within their own alliance and 3) They have no idea who or when the winner from RI is coming back into the game. They greatly outnumber the Zaps now so they could have done it and been fine. However, they did make a pact to be the Final six standing, so I think they are all just honoring that. Plus, the Ometepe's are used to Philip by now. He may tick them off, but he's most likely like that one relative everyone dreads. You have to love them because they are family but you cringe when you have to spend any time with them..
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.

Fascinating episode. The gameplay may be stale, but the social aspect of this show is definitely not stalling.

Anyone else wondering about why the preview is trying to say that Andrea is in danger? I mean, it probably means that she's safe. But it just seemed oddly placed.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard View Post
    Fascinating episode. The gameplay may be stale, but the social aspect of this show is definitely not stalling.

Anyone else wondering about why the preview is trying to say that Andrea is in danger? I mean, it probably means that she's safe. But it just seemed oddly placed.
    I wondered that myself. The only thing I can think of is maybe Matt dominates the next RI challenge and Rob starts thinking ahead...that getting rid of Matt's one possible ally might be the smartest move.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    We can't. I'm thinking that the reason they didn't vote Philip out tonight is because of three reasons...1) He's extremely loyal. 2) As long as he's there, there is a bigger target than any of them...even within their own alliance and 3) They have no idea who or when the winner from RI is coming back into the game. They greatly outnumber the Zaps now so they could have done it and been fine. However, they did make a pact to be the Final six standing, so I think they are all just honoring that. Plus, the Ometepe's are used to Philip by now. He may tick them off, but he's most likely like that one relative everyone dreads. You have to love them because they are family but you cringe when you have to spend any time with them..
    Yes...and #4- I'm thinking that they all may want to take him to the finals because their best chance of winning is against him.

I think if a Zap (or Matt) somehow manages to get to the final 2 (3?) that they will win. All the Zaps are on the jury and 'surviving' to the finals would certainly make them worthy of the prize (in the eyes of the jury anyway). I can't see any one of the Ometepes winning against Rob- he has run the entire show. I wonder if they can see that too. I think Grant has done well in challanges, but just looks like Rob's 'right-hand man' so I don't think even he has a chance. If somehow Rob gets voted out, I think the best chance anyone left has of winning is against Phillip. I have to say even as looney as he is, I would probably give him the money over the goddesses or Grant. He's had to overcome more to try and stay in the game and fight harder since the beginning, but everyone else just assumes no one will vote to give him the million because he's a loon.

I also don't think Matt deserves to win even if he miraculously makes it back in the game again. Yes, he may have 'outplayed' everyone (in challanges) and certainly 'outlasted' everyone (on RI), but he has 'outwitted' no one and I think that is a key part to the game, which is why I'm not a big fan of RI.

FORT Fogey

They must have had Julie as their target before they arrived. There was no way to communicate a change in voting once there. Even though it seemed obvious to them that Philip would vote for her it would have been too risky to assume. Any split in their alliance signals a diviation from their agreement and puts them first out when they are down to the Ome six.

sweetpea said-So at the beginning Matt was having a breakdown and says he doesn't want to be there anymore, but he'll stay of God really wants him to be there. Ok, at this point I am getting fed up with Matt. I think it's ok with God for a person to have an opinion, a goal, make a decision all on their own. If you don't want to be there, then don't make the house of cards and go home (or to the jury, anyway). I am fascinated by his ability to make every decision, every action, every consequence, everything that happens to him about God's will, and not his own. I get that it sucked, if you came out to play Survivor, to be kicked out early twice and have to spend so much time on RI which is like the detention room for Survivors, nobody there most of the time, nothing to do, nobody to talk to, etc. Sucks to be in that position, but he's really starting to bug me. If he gets back in and wins this game I will be really mad.
    I agree but he bugged me from the get go! I wonder if anyone from his church will talk to him about this. I cannot believe everyone who shares his religion thinks this way. I get it that Christianity is a mixed bag and all over the road map but Matt is really out there.

Tribal council was boring. Good for Jeff for diffusing the situation though; it had to be done. Well, we shall see if his talk worked next week!

JavaJo. I agree that Rob is looking ahead to a possible Matt return and targeting Andrea as the first to go from his alliance. I don't think that is coming next week if at all, and promo's are typically misleading. We will probably see this thought process in a diary talk. If Matt comes back, Matt is gone again unless he gets immunity, which is entirely possible. Rob has the numbers to lose one of his own but there would be no point in targeting Andrea. No way would Andrea would be so foolish as to side the Matt and the two remaining Zaps either. What would she gain? Nothing. Having said that, there is a danger of the Zaps, Matt and Andrea getting the girls to go with them, as well. Or even Grant. Rob knows this could happen at any time and is vigilant.

I also agree that keeping Philip is a good move. Stay true to the plan of removing Zap until they are gone.
    Last edited by shoepie; 04-21-2011 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post

I also don't think Matt deserves to win even if he miraculously makes it back in the game again. Yes, he may have 'outplayed' everyone (in challanges) and certainly 'outlasted' everyone (on RI), but he has 'outwitted' no one and I think that is a key part to the game, which is why I'm not a big fan of RI.
    I absolutely agree. I also think that part of his winning streak at RI has to do with the mental aspect as well. Being in the game with other players...the constant tension, plotting behind people's backs, watching, listening, observing, paranoia...etc...is part of the game he gets to avoid. I believe that that is the part that breaks you down. He doesn't have 'that' particular stress to deal with daily, hourly, minutely. I'm not saying that the solitary isn't taxing, but I can't imagine it being anything compared to the constant tension of actually being with the tribe. I don't know if I could even sleep out there. I'd be worried about the plotting once I dozed off..

22 seasons and this is easily the most pathetic one. I'm not the least bit enthused to watch another episode.

1. It doesn't matter who wins immunity. As long as there is someone left from Zap then that's who's getting voted out.

2. It doesn't matter who wins the exile challenge. They're all from Zap so if they do go back to the tribe they'll just be voted back to exile. All exile is doing now is determining the jury order. So what? Where's the suspense in that? Who cares? I guess that's all the suspense we get and that's why there still is an exile. Blah.

+ Reply to Thread