+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/20 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 4/20 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

julie voted out

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by i_used2bophelia View Post
    Jeff sounds as though he's leaning towards suggesting that's it's okay to vote phillip out, because it wouldn't be a racial thing.
    Hadn't thought about it that way. That's possible too.

At first, I thought Julie made a terrible mistake admitting she hid the swim trunks, but perhaps she felt that if she had to go back to a tribe with Phillip in it, she'd just as soon take her chances on RI. Either that or she figured she was the next one to go anyway, so she might as well go out with a bang. Considering there were five votes against her without any chance for the Ometepes to discuss anything, that appears to have been the case.

Okay, never mind. I guess she didn't think she was next.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I've never "tweeted" in my life, but looked at Jeff's live Twitter feed during the show. Enough to make you blind to try to follow that. I'll stick with you east-coasters for the early scoop of my favorite reality shows.

Thanks for the updates.

loved her partiing shot to Phillip, but it's the others that will have to suffer. what a bunch of idiots. they could have afforded to get rid of him, but they are all letting Rob yank their chains. it's getting boring, being the Rob show

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Why is Jeff trying to play mediator in the Phillip/Steve argument instead of just letting it play out? It seems a bit like he's trying to help keep Phillip around.

The point Jeff appears to be missing--that everyone appears to be missing--is that Phillip's idea to mix the two containers of rice together, when there's no way of being able to tell for sure whether the maggot-infested/moldy rice is actually safe (and it may well not be) is actually crazy. Doing so could easily ruin all the rice.
    You're right. Then nobody would have good rice. I don't blame the former Zaps for not sharing at all (sharing their container or their rice). Why should they help their executioners? They need any advantage they can get.

Somebody really needs to shake up this game. It's stale.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

FORT Fogey

Perhaps they didn't show this, but considering how incredibly annoying all of the Ometepe women were finding Phillip, and considering the Zaps are down to three anyway, I'm amazed no one even inquired about the possibility of getting rid of Phillip. Even without him, they'd have had a five to three advantage. Unless they're all just tolerating him, because they think he'd be the easiest person to beat in a final.

Part of me thinks Julie admitted to the panty raid as a point of honor with poor Steve who was being blamed for it.

Why is Matt shown as being so bummed when he has company now?

Matt is re-earning his name as the 'dumbest survivor in history'. He says, (sobbing) that God is keeping him in this game. sheesh

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    You're right. Then nobody would have good rice. I don't blame the former Zaps for not sharing at all (sharing their container or their rice). Why should they help their executioners? They need any advantage they can get.

Somebody really needs to shake up this game. It's stale.

I also found it kind of odd that the Os (except for Grant) refused to even try the fish the Zaps offered them but were all eating their rice, even while complaining about the fact that it might well be contaminated. Even if they picked out all the obvious maggots and mold, that doesn't mean it's not still contaminated. Is contaminated rice somehow better than contaminated fish?

I'm a bit confused too that that seems to be their only food. Aren't they even trying to fish? Or looking for other food sources? If I thought the rice was contaminated, I'd sure be looking for other possible food sources (unless they just didn't show that).

And yeah, somebody needs to shake up the game. I guess that's why Jeff playing mediator and trying to help Phillip explain his situation bugged me a bit, even though he did it very well. Phillip going off was about the only dramatic thing that happened for the whole episode.

I'm also starting to think that they're deliberately editing Matt to make him the show's equivalent of Job so that if he makes it back off RI again, they can construct some kind of good versus evil battle between Matt and Rob (understand that I think that's ridiculous myself, but given that the whole Rob vs. Russell thing fell apart early, they might be scrambling to find some kind of other conflict they can sell, especially since at least the last four tribal councils have been pretty predictable).

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by i_used2bophelia View Post
    Matt is re-earning his name as the 'dumbest survivor in history'. He says, (sobbing) that God is keeping him in this game. sheesh
    Totally agree with this post.

Hey, Matt, you have been given more than enough chances; maybe God doesnt care if you win Survivor?

+ Reply to Thread