+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 4/20 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 4/20 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Sorry, but what's the spelling error? I'm not seeing one.
    "Defence" is the British (and Canadian?) spelling, but Americans spell it "defense". Maybe Phillip was actually with the MI6?

Jeff Probst | PopWatch | EW.com

Jeff says "The final episode will have eight people still vying for a shot at winning"

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    "Defence" is the British (and Canadian?) spelling, but Americans spell it "defense". Maybe Phillip was actually with the MI6?
    Ahhh, there you go. I'm Canadian with British forebears so the phrase looked quite alright to me.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    I believe whatever is in their knapsacks is safe but anything in the open is up for grabs. These were clothes drying on a clothesline so probably permissible. Phillip stole rice, doesn't that count? LOL
    I have to admit it's disappointing on the rules. Personally I think that it's unfair - always have and will think so. (Yes, I felt the same way with Russell burning socks and Sandra the hat.)

As far as Phillip, I felt stealing the rice was not the answer. In fact, I think it was part of the reason that started this whole entitled attitude of sharing all the rice amongst the "one tribe" that has never been and debacle.

To me stealing it was as shameful as what "she who will not be named" from last season did with the fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    Easter themed?
    I kinda feel like that, even though I hadn't noticed the win issue there. lol

To the one fellow critiquing my repeat of Matt as a saint - yes, I read your comment there and meant to say repeat PLAYER.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rfromp View Post
    22 seasons and this is easily the most pathetic one. I'm not the least bit enthused to watch another episode.

1. It doesn't matter who wins immunity. As long as there is someone left from Zap then that's who's getting voted out.

2. It doesn't matter who wins the exile challenge. They're all from Zap so if they do go back to the tribe they'll just be voted back to exile. All exile is doing now is determining the jury order. So what? Where's the suspense in that? Who cares? I guess that's all the suspense we get and that's why there still is an exile. Blah.
    This post is what it all boils down to. They can try and make us believe something different will happen, but Rob has a plan and they are all sticking to it. He will vote out the other tribe, then get rid of his biggest competition, such as Grant and Andrea, then take useless girls to the end. He may be thinking that he will take Philip because he has a guaranteed win against him, but the useless girls will put their useless feet down and insist on getting rid of Philip once the other tribe is gone.

Someone earlier said how do we know that Rob was the one who decided to vote out Julie. I have to wonder how anyone can think he is not completely running the game. He is making every decision and he even said so last night. He decided to vote out Julie after last week's tribal where she said that Rob wasn't just their leader, but that it was the "Cult of Rob". He was angry about that truthful comment and wanted to get rid of her for it. I mean, come on, the guy is controlling whether these starving people can eat or not!! Obviously, he is telling them how to vote.

Well, the way this could backfire, is that by voting out all the Zapatera's, Redemption Island is populated by Zapateras. A 3-way duel like we saw last night, when at least two of the participants are former Zapateras, at least one of the contestants remaining on RI after the duel will be a Zapatera. It increases the odds of propelling a Pagong'ed Zapatera member into the late game, with a jury composed mostly of their former tribe members who are bitter with Ometempes

For this season, consider it like this. At the merge, we had 6 Ometempes, 5 Zapateras, and Matt.
    Let's say Zapatera is Pagonged, as seems obvious. If the winner of RI is from Zapatera (let's say it's Julie, it doesn't really matter) returns to the game and makes it to the final tribal council, they would be sitting beside 2 Ometempes, with a jury consisting of 4 Ometempes, 4 Zapateras, and Matt. Do they vote along tribal lines? Which way will Matt swing?

Even more interesting is if Matt returns to the final tribal council alongside, say, Grant and Natalie (two pretty non-polarizing Ometempes)l. Jury has 4 Ometempes, and 5 Zapateras. Will they respect the Ometempes gameplay, or will they be bitter about how they were treated by the Ometempe tribe and give the $ to the nice guy who didn't have time to annoy them?

The Ometempe players have the best chance of getting TO the final tribal council, but once they are there, their allies are a voting minority. The next several episodes could be skipped, but the conclusion will probably be interesting.
    _(Moo!)

I think most of the Zaps would vote for gameplay. I whole heartedly believe they would vote for Rob if he were to make it. They know he's controlling everything at this point and several of them have even stated that he's playing it great. David would absolutely vote for Rob. I believe that Steve, Mike and Julie would as well. Not sure about Matt, but honestly, when he asks Rob why he was booted and Rob tells him, he may very well vote for him, too. Now if it's someone other than Rob...then it will be a bit tougher.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAmyG View Post
    Well, the way this could backfire, is that by voting out all the Zapatera's, Redemption Island is populated by Zapateras. A 3-way duel like we saw last night, when at least two of the participants are former Zapateras, at least one of the contestants remaining on RI after the duel will be a Zapatera. It increases the odds of propelling a Pagong'ed Zapatera member into the late game, with a jury composed mostly of their former tribe members who are bitter with Ometempes

For this season, consider it like this. At the merge, we had 6 Ometempes, 5 Zapateras, and Matt.
    Let's say Zapatera is Pagonged, as seems obvious. If the winner of RI is from Zapatera (let's say it's Julie, it doesn't really matter) returns to the game and makes it to the final tribal council, they would be sitting beside 2 Ometempes, with a jury consisting of 4 Ometempes, 4 Zapateras, and Matt. Do they vote along tribal lines? Which way will Matt swing?

Even more interesting is if Matt returns to the final tribal council alongside, say, Grant and Natalie (two pretty non-polarizing Ometempes)l. Jury has 4 Ometempes, and 5 Zapateras. Will they respect the Ometempes gameplay, or will they be bitter about how they were treated by the Ometempe tribe and give the $ to the nice guy who didn't have time to annoy them?

The Ometempe players have the best chance of getting TO the final tribal council, but once they are there, their allies are a voting minority. The next several episodes could be skipped, but the conclusion will probably be interesting.
    I agree. It's in a way ironic that viewers are complaining about the predictability of the game, when the RI feature has actually added an element of unpredicability heretofore nonexistent in the game, in part because neither we nor the players know when it will factor into the final equation, and as a result, it becomes difficult for any of them to strategically plan for it (and for us to theorize what will happen once we are down to F6). I suspect the endgame has the potential to be one of the most unpredictable yet. And if anything is going to screw up Rob's game, it will probably be RI.
    Last edited by ironcat; 04-21-2011 at 03:21 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    This post is what it all boils down to. They can try and make us believe something different will happen, but Rob has a plan and they are all sticking to it. He will vote out the other tribe, then get rid of his biggest competition, such as Grant and Andrea, then take useless girls to the end. He may be thinking that he will take Philip because he has a guaranteed win against him, but the useless girls will put their useless feet down and insist on getting rid of Philip once the other tribe is gone.

Someone earlier said how do we know that Rob was the one who decided to vote out Julie. I have to wonder how anyone can think he is not completely running the game. He is making every decision and he even said so last night. He decided to vote out Julie after last week's tribal where she said that Rob wasn't just their leader, but that it was the "Cult of Rob". He was angry about that truthful comment and wanted to get rid of her for it. I mean, come on, the guy is controlling whether these starving people can eat or not!! Obviously, he is telling them how to vote.
    I think Rob is making the decisions, of course, but he has a way of brainstorming the choices with his alliance that makes them think they are included in the decision making process. I will venture a guess that he talked up Julie as being the biggest threat to win II challenges. I can hear it now, she is smarter than Ralph and more physically adept than Steve. I adore Rob! He saw Julie as one to plant the seeds of revolt among his women.

+ Reply to Thread