+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/13 Show Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 4/13 Show Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    I guess I hold the unpopular opinion, because I laughed through the entire episode and find the combination of Rob's shenanigans and Phillip's attempt to be "crazy like a fox" to be hysterically funny. However, I get how for someone who really can't stand Rob this season is turning into their worst nightmare. It's not boring though, it's actually highly entertaining.
    Yup. Yup. I'm entertained, as well.

Shoepie, my husband also pointed out that the whole tribe should have just taken the food. Let the others duke it out for immunity. Only one person could win it, so they'd still have three to choose from to send to RI.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I agree with the comment that was just made by David--when no one's playing the game, it's no fun to play. Worse, it's no fun to watch. I realize a lot of people just love Rob, but if everyone on his own tribe is willing to let him run the game, and they continue to have the advantage in numbers, then it's just going to be dull and predictable.

Of course, wasn't it in his first season when Rob was so certain he was the mafioso in charge that he lost?
    This is what I wanted to post. It isn't fun watching one group get pegged off every week without numbers to change anything...in fact I clicked

The food control is over the top and I can't believe that Grant did his little nibble and then looked like a dog with his tail between his legs when Rob called him back over. Also Rob is a married man with young girls all over him, sleeping on him etc. It is kind of disgusting- game strategy or not.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

To the Point

When did Rob give his tribe the kool-aid? It's obvious they all drank it! Holy Cow, I cannot believe how readily they are led, and to what degree!! The way the girls act with him just makes me want to puke. It made my skin crawl watching them work so hard to please Rob.

FORT Fogey

I don't forsee anyone jumping ship. Staying in their alliance makes sense until Z is gone. And what would be the point? To get Rob out? They will have time to do that later, for now they are safe util Z is gone. Someone is coming back from RI and it is best to have them the odd man out with no alliance intact. Everyone there is against O.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    I guess I hold the unpopular opinion, because I laughed through the entire episode and find the combination of Rob's shenanigans and Phillip's attempt to be "crazy like a fox" to be hysterically funny. However, I get how for someone who really can't stand Rob this season is turning into their worst nightmare. It's not boring though, it's actually highly entertaining.
    Absolutely. And really, why blame Rob because his team are manipulable. In life, making use of people in that manner would be unconscionable, but this is Survivor, where you make use of every tool you can in order to win the game. So cheers to Rob for his superior people reading skills (I mean really, who else would have thought that Grant was so malleable), and too bad he most likely won't win.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Even Phillip who cant stand Rob, isnt jumping ship--yet. I have a feeling once the rival tribe is gone, they will turn on Rob and unless he has a bagful of Immunity Idols, he will be gone.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    Even Phillip who cant stand Rob, isnt jumping ship--yet. I have a feeling once the rival tribe is gone, they will turn on Rob and unless he has a bagful of Immunity Idols, he will be gone.
    Philip will stay faithful to Rob because he sees himself in F2 with Rob because he is easy to beat.

With Philip in his court, he can talk a girl or two into hanging on with the promise of F2 for maybe one week when they are down to just themselves. He can't make the finals but he is going to get damn close.

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    This is what I wanted to post. It isn't fun watching one group get pegged off every week without numbers to change anything...in fact I clicked

The food control is over the top and I can't believe that Grant did his little nibble and then looked like a dog with his tail between his legs when Rob called him back over. Also Rob is a married man with young girls all over him, sleeping on him etc. It is kind of disgusting- game strategy or not.
    It's so funny to watch the zap tribe complain about nobody playing the game, when they did the exact same thing to Russell's minions a few weeks ago, when the two girls were scrambling to stay alive in the game. And they did it smugly. I have no sympathy whatsoever for the zap people. David complains about nobody playing the game, but do we see anyone but Ralph even trying to make inroads? No. Aside from some sniping at TC and around the fire, we see a glum zap group sitting around complaining about how unfair it all is. Well, you thought it was more than fair when you were the dominant alliance on your tribe and were systematically getting rid of your "enemies" - and you even managed to be offended and amused that the girls even tried to strike a deal or make a play. Welcome to payback.
    Last edited by sweetpea; 04-14-2011 at 10:55 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    When did Rob give his tribe the kool-aid? It's obvious they all drank it! Holy Cow, I cannot believe how readily they are led, and to what degree!! The way the girls act with him just makes me want to puke. It made my skin crawl watching them work so hard to please Rob.
    My skin is crawling too. He's controlling to whom they speak, and the topics they're allowed to address. He's never allowing any of them to be alone, for fear of whom they may speak to and what they may tell them (or what may be said to them). He's telling them whether they can eat something or not. The tiniest sign of dissension--Andrea merely listening to Ralph in a situation where she didn't have much choice and being completely non-commital in her answer, which Rob only heard about second hand--and he's paranoid. Constantly speaking in demeaning terms about the other players whenever he's alone and speaking just to the camera (and I realize everyone does that to some degree, but Rob's superiority complex--referring to himself as a general and Phillip proving himself to be a good, loyal soldier--is getting out of hand; really, what was the point of getting everyone to agree to name the tribe after Amber's stuffed animal, other than to get a cheap laugh at their expense and build his fame with his own fans? It's not like it advanced his game in any way).

It's creepy that Rob's behaving like that and it's creepy that his tribe is going along with it so easily. Even if they think sticking with his plan can get them to the final, they have to know he's not taking all of them. He can't. Some of them probably have some idea that they wouldn't be a logical person to take to the top. And wouldn't it be a strong arguing point in the finale to be able to say that you engineered Rob's demise, blindsided him, and destroyed his alliance? At some point, someone should take a chance. Heck, someone should just rebel because he/she doesn't like Rob telling him/her when he/she can breathe in and out. That's not normal, and I doubt he could have gotten by with it in the other tribe, where there are too many strong personalities who would have told him, "No, I'm not 'buddying up' like I'm four, and I am going to the bathroom alone, because you are not controlling my every action.'" It's sad--and scary--to watch people give up any sense of their own independence just for the chance to win a million, and really, while their chances are greater than most people's to win a million, they're not that overwhelming. At least in a real cult, the "prize" is generally salvation, and it's available to more than one person. I really, really wonder how his minions are going to feel about Rob, and more importantly, themselves when this season is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Absolutely. And really, why blame Rob because his team are manipulable. In life, making use of people in that manner would be unconscionable, but this is Survivor, where you make use of every tool you can in order to win the game. So cheers to Rob for his superior people reading skills (I mean really, who else would have thought that Grant was so malleable), and too bad he most likely won't win.
    Exactly, why blame Rob for the fact that he leads them so effortlessly? They are all benefiting right now from Rob being the obvious target of everyone's ire, and probably a lot of them are thinking they wouldn't mind going to the end with him because there's a good chance the jury will be angry enough at him they won't give him the $$. It's what happened on ASS and I'm sure that's gone through a few minds. I still think once the Zaps go they will get rid of Rob the first chance they can, but right now they are all benefiting from his plan and the plan is working. Why bother changing it up until it's every man or woman from O. to himself/herself.

+ Reply to Thread