+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: 4/13 Show Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 4/13 Show Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    If he was that unpalatable, where most of them were constantly showing signs of chafing at his "dictatorship", he wouldn't have been able to institute the buddy system in the first place. I agree that for the most part, all 5 of them are enjoying Rob's presence in the tribe for now, and probably think most of his ideas/suggestions are good ones. That's not how I would describe a dictator, and his underlings' response to him.

Rob has been playing this game seemlessly so far, and I love it and him!

The buddy system was genious, and it kept the Zap's from creating any cracks. It did not prevent the Ome's from talking to each other. If they wanted to talk about Rob, they certainly could have. They just chose not to. Doesn't seem they feel the need to, at least not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    If his buddy system is working, then the ones who might want to get rid of him can't freely talk with each other.
    Why can't they? The buddy system ensures that they are not alone, allowing the Zaps to corner them. They can go off with any member of their former tribe.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

If he was that unpalatable, where most of them were constantly showing signs of chafing at his "dictatorship", he wouldn't have been able to institute the buddy system in the first place. I agree that for the most part, all 5 of them are enjoying Rob's presence in the tribe for now, and probably think most of his ideas/suggestions are good ones. That's not how I would describe a dictator, and his underlings' response to him.
    I agree.

I can see Rob saying, Philip needs a baby sitter. So Philip won't pick up on us not trusting him we will all take buddies. No one would disagree with this logic. They are all enjoying Rob and each other; it is clear they are having a good, relaxing time. They have a plan to wipe out zap and it is working. No need to worry about anything until they are down to six. THEN we will see Rob in action to a greater degree and some interesting strategy. I am looking forward to it.

It wasn't a random pairing up of buddies. It was a loyalist with someone more questionable. So the folks most likely to talk to each other wouldn't have the opportunity outside of someone sure to report back to Rob.

FORT Fogey

It wasn't a random pairing up of buddies. It was a loyalist with someone more questionable. So the folks most likely to talk to each other wouldn't have the opportunity outside of someone sure to report back to Rob.
    Oh, I definately got that! But in order to not raise suspicion, Philip was the likely scapegoat for how he came up with that plan. He wanted to keep his eye on Grant and one of the womed needed watching as well. The buddy system make them all giggle. There is an inside joke that has nothing to do with Zaps getting to them. But that is Robs agenda, for sure.

This proves that Rob is clever and good at strategy and manipulation, and that's how he's ruling his tribe, not by being a dictator (who doesn't need to bother with mastering those traits, because they just rely on willful intimidation and force after they've seized power), which I think was the original point of discussion. Rob didn't seize power, and isn't forcing the rest of them to go along with him, he's created an environment where they all think it is in their best interest to hand over the power to him and then go along.

FORT Fogey

This proves that Rob is clever and good at strategy and manipulation, and that's how he's ruling his tribe, not by being a dictator (who doesn't need to bother with mastering those traits, because they just rely on willful intimidation and force after they've seized power), which I think was the original point of discussion. Rob didn't seize power, and isn't forcing the rest of them to go along with him, he's created an environment where they all think it is in their best interest to hand over the power to him and then go along.
    ITA. And Rob is adorable on twitter. The picture of his baby girls, he and Amber with the 'scary' Easter Bunny is too cute for words! Love him, always have, he's brilliant and the best people skills (esp. this season) on this show. If anyone but Rob wins, it will be a joke. The puzzle master deserves the million. jmo

I agree, it's not like it isn't in Rob's alliance best interest to go along with Rob now....Not only is Rob benefiting from it so are the rest of his alliance....They are almost ensuring that someone from O wins this game, which in my mind that would be exactly how I would want it, if I couldn't win I would want someone from my team to be the winner..

+ Reply to Thread