+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 4/13 Show Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 4/13 Show Thread **Spoilers**

Regarding the earlier than usual merge, going on the assumption that this is all planned out in advance, I suspect that producers did it in the hopes that both Rob and Russell would have somehow survived to that point (maybe figuring that bringing the winner of RI back then as well would provide another route to achieving this end), so the sooner the merge, the better. I have no doubt that the optimum situation for them would have been to have both of their "marquee" players either ultimately join forces or plot against each other in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev View Post
    After the merge...he did a PI where he was talking about wanting to keep the two tribes as seperate as possible to make his own minions think of the Zaps as the Others. So he was trying to have them eat at a different time from the Zaps, the Ometepe are sleeping in the part of the shelter under the tarp, the Zaps aren't.

Personally, I think it's a brilliant way to keep your tribe together and cut down on the risk of someone flipping
    right now Rob doing these things seems cool to his followers...but..sooner or later someone will revolt and look upon him as a dictator..and we all know what happens to dictators they get over thrown
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev View Post
    After the merge...he did a PI where he was talking about wanting to keep the two tribes as seperate as possible to make his own minions think of the Zaps as the Others. So he was trying to have them eat at a different time from the Zaps, the Ometepe are sleeping in the part of the shelter under the tarp, the Zaps aren't.

Personally, I think it's a brilliant way to keep your tribe together and cut down on the risk of someone flipping
    What I find strange about what Rob did is that if it was Russell that had done this there would be a revolt on the boards about it, people would be outraged but Rob does it and everything is right with the world - just because he smiles to the camera. Please....

Quote Originally Posted by march View Post
    What I find strange about what Rob did is that if it was Russell that had done this there would be a revolt on the boards about it, people would be outraged but Rob does it and everything is right with the world - just because he smiles to the camera. Please....
    There's nothing strange about it, IMO. Just like in real life, you can get away with a lot of things if you have good people skills and a likable persona, that you couldn't get away with if you antagonized everyone you came in contact with. The game of Survivor, and the audience's reaction to it, is no different.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    It may be a brilliant strategy if you're Rob, but if you're the show's producers, I'd think you'd want to increase, not decrease, the risk of someone flipping, because that's where the drama is, particularly later in the game. That's why I was wondering if, in future seasons, they'd try to prevent that kind of strategy from happening again. I would think the producers would like the game to be as unpredictable as possible, because that's what keeps viewers guessing and keeps them tuning in.
    You just don't like Rob. Personally, I do, and I'm loving this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    There's nothing strange about it, IMO. Just like in real life, you can get away with a lot of things if you have good people skills and a likable persona, that you couldn't get away with if you antagonized everyone you came in contact with. The game of Survivor, and the audience's reaction to it, is no different.
    Yeah, it's like Dr. Will on Big Brother....enough good looks and charm and you can get away with tons...just like life, as ironcat says.

Quote Originally Posted by march View Post
    It's how Rob does it. He confers with the group...get's their opinion on it. They show snippets of this all the time. I'm sure it's his way of making them think they have a say but that's the awesome thing about it. Also, if he was a dictator, they have the numbers to get rid of him and still be safe from the remaining Zaps. I just don't think that's how it's all going down. I think he makes them feel like they are a part of something and they go along with it on their own accord. In all actuality, there is nothing stopping them from turning on him. They could have done it before the merge if they resented him so much. But I don't think they do. They seem pretty happy with the way things are playing out.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    if he was a dictator, they have the numbers to get rid of him
    If his buddy system is working, then the ones who might want to get rid of him can't freely talk with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    If his buddy system is working, then the ones who might want to get rid of him can't freely talk with each other.
    If he was that unpalatable, where most of them were constantly showing signs of chafing at his "dictatorship", he wouldn't have been able to institute the buddy system in the first place. I agree that for the most part, all 5 of them are enjoying Rob's presence in the tribe for now, and probably think most of his ideas/suggestions are good ones. That's not how I would describe a dictator, and his underlings' response to him.

FORT Fanatic

Rob doesnt have control so much as he has leadership. He has several times playing this game under his belt and His tribe would be fools not to listen to him right now. Look what happen to the Zaps when the Survivor rookies thought they knew more than the veteran. I predict Rob's time is going to be up when the former Zaps are all gone.

+ Reply to Thread