+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 110

Thread: 4/6 Show Thread **Spoilers**

  1. #81
    FORT Fanatic LalahLand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    685

    Re: 4/6 Show Thread **Spoilers**

    I'm rooting for Matt. I was annoyed when he was sent back to Redemption Island, but that may be the best thing for him since he has no idea of how to play the game. Rob already betrayed him once, and yet he still didn't learn. Hopefully this second stint in RI will toughen him up mentally.

    Phillip is soooooo funny. I hope he stays on for a while longer!

  2. #82
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: 4/6 Show Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Must give kudos to Natalie for winning the first immunity challenge especially with beating Mike.

    Also kudos to Andrea for knowing to keep her mouth shut and showing she has a brain and is actually using it.
    I am with you on this.

  3. #83
    FORT Troublemaker MisterSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,994

    Re: 4/6 Show Thread **Spoilers**

    I don't think it was dumb at all for Ralph to play his idol. I wish he didn't, but before Rob switched the vote to Matt, Mike was the target. Sometimes it pays to play the idol on others to keep your numbers up. Look how it paid off for Parvati in Heroes vs Villains.

    I also don't think Rob's alliance are as big of followers as we are led to believe. They can't be THAT stupid to stay loyal to him up to the final 3....right?

    I wonder what Andrea and Philip's plans are. Andrea must know she's on the outs, as does Phil. Do they expect to rope in a few Zapateras in the future?

    And do Natalie, Ashley and Grant plan on tanking Rob before the finals? It looks to me like Natalie and Ashley are joined at the hip, as are Rob and Grant. Do they expect to just battle it out in the final 4?

  4. #84
    FoRT Lurker CrossingGuard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bay Area / Boston
    Age
    21
    Posts
    5,836

    Re: 4/6 Show Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS View Post
    I wonder what Andrea and Philip's plans are. Andrea must know she's on the outs, as does Phil. Do they expect to rope in a few Zapateras in the future?
    That's what I'm hoping for! Andrea has shown that she has brains to play this game, so I think--well, I hope-- she knows that she's 5th in the Ometepe alliance. Siding with Phillip would be her best option, as would a couple of Zaps IMO.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

  5. #85
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,449

    Re: 4/6 Show Thread **Spoilers**

    Does anyone else feel like we watched all those Redemption Island challenges for nothing?

  6. #86
    Resident "tyrant" JavaJo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bedlam
    Posts
    6,230

    Re: 4/6 Show Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    Does anyone else feel like we watched all those Redemption Island challenges for nothing?
    There wasn't a whole lotta suspense was there? They tried to make it look like Matt wouldn't win a couple of times but it was transparent. I don't think it was for nothing, though. We now know more about Matt and how he handles being under pressure than we do about any other player this year with the exception of Rob because we KNOW him. Matt is calm, cool and collected when the heat is up. At least in challenges. If he could only draw from that for his social interactions, he has potential.

    I'd like to see Matt come back another season. Maybe for the next All Stars. Would he be wiser? More devious? It would be interesting to see.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

  7. #87
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,449

    Re: 4/6 Show Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    There wasn't a whole lotta suspense was there? They tried to make it look like Matt wouldn't win a couple of times but it was transparent. I don't think it was for nothing, though. We now know more about Matt and how he handles being under pressure than we do about any other player this year with the exception of Rob because we KNOW him. Matt is calm, cool and collected when the heat is up. At least in challenges. If he could only draw from that for his social interactions, he has potential.

    I'd like to see Matt come back another season. Maybe for the next All Stars. Would he be wiser? More devious? It would be interesting to see.
    Yeah but he didn't amount to anything. Or maybe there is more to come. Maybe there is another return. I don't like to see character development from someone who really has no role in the process. They could have just eliminated redemption island completely and sent everyone home.

  8. #88
    FORT Fogey ironcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,454

    Re: 4/6 Show Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS View Post
    I don't think it was dumb at all for Ralph to play his idol. I wish he didn't, but before Rob switched the vote to Matt, Mike was the target. Sometimes it pays to play the idol on others to keep your numbers up. Look how it paid off for Parvati in Heroes vs Villains.

    I also don't think Rob's alliance are as big of followers as we are led to believe. They can't be THAT stupid to stay loyal to him up to the final 3....right?

    I wonder what Andrea and Philip's plans are. Andrea must know she's on the outs, as does Phil. Do they expect to rope in a few Zapateras in the future?

    And do Natalie, Ashley and Grant plan on tanking Rob before the finals? It looks to me like Natalie and Ashley are joined at the hip, as are Rob and Grant. Do they expect to just battle it out in the final 4?
    I think it's hard for any of them to plan out a definite strategy, because the unknown of who will be returning from RI and when, has the potential to screw up even the best thought out plans. That said, if Andrea and Phillip are smart, they will make an alliance (and make sure Rob doesn't find out) and approach the Zaps when there are only 3 of them left. It would also behoove then to know what the dynamics of the remaining Zaps are, so they can make a suballiance with the one who is most on the outs with the other two. And if they can anticipate the order the Zaps will be eliminated, it would help their plans as well. However, seeing it all spelled out, I don't have a lot of faith that Philip has the social skills to pull off such subterfuge without telegraphing something. Maybe Andrea does, but she can't do it on her own. And again, when the person, whoever it is, returns from RI, it could put a monkey wrench in everybody's game. Should be interesting.

    Natalie, Ashley and Grant's best strategy is probably sticking with Rob until F4 and then voting him out, as long as he doesn't have immunity (and even though they don't know he has a HII, I don't think they can use it past F5 anyway, so that risk is eliminated). I'm not sure what benefit there would be for any of them in playing it differently.
    Last edited by ironcat; 04-09-2011 at 09:45 AM.

  9. #89
    FORT Fanatic Oceansands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    666

    Re: 4/6 Show Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    While I knowJeff Probst loves Matt and thinks it is something extraordinary that Matt survived 6 Redemption Island Duels, I'm thinking "so what". The only aspect that Matt is good at in the game of Survivor is Out Play. I do not think a person deserves the million dollars prize because he is good looking and a likeable fellow.
    Matt is more interested in portraying himself as a Christian than playing this game. I'm probably the only one that sees him for what he really is. His whole game play is "look at me see what a good Christian I am" it's phony. He loves the camera time showing what a good person he is. Give me a break!! Why is this guy on the show????

    I don't mind Rob's constant bragging about how smart he is but his degrading others is getting old, it's time Survivor loses Russell and Rob for good. I find it odd Rob knows exactly where the Idol tips are and goes right to them. However, that isn't any stranger than Russell's finding all the Idols in the past. Doesn't anyone find this odd, to put it another way....FIXED.

  10. #90
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    365

    Re: 4/6 Show Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Oceansands View Post
    I don't mind Rob's constant bragging about how smart he is but his degrading others is getting old, it's time Survivor loses Russell and Rob for good. I find it odd Rob knows exactly where the Idol tips are and goes right to them. However, that isn't any stranger than Russell's finding all the Idols in the past. Doesn't anyone find this odd, to put it another way....FIXED.
    I don't think it's fixed on Rob's part....I think it's just paying attention, getting lucky, and having a tribe full of clueless morons. Except for Rob, the thought that there might be immunity idols floating arouond doesn't seem to have crossed their minds. Grant found the one clue and what did he do? Gave it right to Rob. But he wasn't even looking for that, he just stumbled across it.

    Rob knows there are immunity clues out there and he's watched enough times to know how the producers like to hide them. Take when they were at the volcano-he knew there would be a clue. took a good hard look at everything in the reward, and realized that the one jar of cylindrical cookies looked just the same as a rolled up bit of paper. He was even able to remove it right in front of everyone else because all the others were thinking about was stuffing their faces.

    If Rob was on some other tribe with people who were more aware, I'm sure others would be finding the clues too.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.