+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 4/6 Show Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 4/6 Show Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by PipSqueek View Post
    I know a lot of people who arent Rob fans, always make the "massive ego" point. I dont think his ego is as huge as a lot of people point out. Sure, he has one. We all do to some point. I truly believe Rob loves Survivor, and understand that he has the ability particularly in the PI sessions, to give the camera a some good tongue-in-cheek comic relief. Ive heard him praise people when he feels they know the game and are a threat, and conversely will make snide remarks, when his opposition comes on the show like they dont have a clue. I really think a lot of his comments are tongue-in-cheek and nothing that we as observers, arent saying to ourselves, in our living rooms as we watch the show.

Rob is fantastic. To me, he plays a certain character while on these shows, and he adds such entertainment value with his witty comments and various insights. If I were to be able to get to sit down and have dinner with a few of the survivors, Rob would be my first pick as a guest.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    ...However, this is only a game and he never made any promises to anyone until he laid all his cards to the King that is Rob. ...
    Actually, that part is not true. He PROMISED Andrea that he would not discuss any of what they talked about with any other survivor and then he did. As honest as he is, he still deceived his number one ally.

That is probably why she was okay with voting him out. I think she even called him a flake in an interview.

I agree with everything you said though.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I must be cold hearted. I've watched every season of Survivor since the beginning, and I do not equate what you do to win this game with being a bad person in real life. There are only a couple of people who have played who I think could be very dirty and mean in real life (that girl who made the crack to Sugar at the FTC about her dead Father is one of them, possibly Russell is another although from all accounts he seems to be a loving dad and husband, so who knows). You are not a bad person if you do what's necessary to play and win this game, and frankly if you can't handle the idea of playing without breaking promises or being sneaky or blindsiding people, you should either reconsider or resign yourself to where you place if you get voted out. It's not good vs. evil (well, most times it isn't). Some are worse than others, but I wouldn't equate lying in the game of Survivor with being a morally corrupt person in real life.
    ITA. My first reaction to lies and manipulation is to be appalled and then I remember, it's a GAME... has nothing to do with how you conduct your real life and who you are. At first, I hated Johnny Fairplay and then I realized what a good never-been-done before move that was.
    Some people are just not cut out for this kind of game.

FORT Fogey

I don't mind Rob's cockiness. He is running the show right now. Why not have a big ego? But it is a let down that there is really no obstacle for him. The way the show has worked, all the smart ones were voted off early. Like Russell. You could argue that the smart ones should have used their brains to stay but when you are outnumbered, you are outnumbered. You can't stay. Rob is basically the only one on the island right now. He is surrounded by monkeys and coconuts. At the end of the day, it seems a bit silly to have an ego over stealing candy from a baby. Rob's play in this episode was not impressive to me but I have to give him points for style.

FORT Fogey

Well, well, well, god bit our little bible thumper in the ass. How adorable!

Originally Posted by Longhornfan
    Well, Matt really blew it. I think that he is just too naive to play the game of Survivor. Anytime a person tries to play the game with a large dose of honesty and integrity they tend to struggle with the lying and backstabbing part of the game. Matt's deep religious faith has just made THAT part of the game, the lying and backstabbing part, even harder. Matt is just very young and naive, not a good combination for Survivor.
    I agree and will add that I don't think his is particularly smart. There is a dullness about him that is hard to figure.

I adore Rob, always have. I enjoy watching his game play. It is likely that we will see Zapetara get picked off one by one and that is not the most entertaining to watch but we haven't seen the old Pagong in a long time.

It was foolish for Ralph to give is II away. He is not paying close attention. The numbers alone should have told him to hold on to it.

While I knowJeff Probst loves Matt and thinks it is something extraordinary that Matt survived 6 Redemption Island Duels, I'm thinking "so what". The only aspect that Matt is good at in the game of Survivor is Out Play. I do not think a person deserves the million dollars prize because he is good looking and a likeable fellow.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    While I knowJeff Probst loves Matt and thinks it is something extraordinary that Matt survived 6 Redemption Island Duels, I'm thinking "so what". The only aspect that Matt is good at in the game of Survivor is Out Play. I do not think a person deserves the million dollars prize because he is good looking and a likeable fellow.
    I agree, totally. Playing a good social game is the biggest part of outlasting. Winning challenges plays a much smaller part.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    There is a dullness about him that is hard to figure.
    Matt was on RI for a long time, almost entirely by himself, and probably with little to eat and not a good sleeping shelter. I think that can really wear down your better judgment.
    It is likely that we will see Zapetara get picked off one by one and that is not the most entertaining to watch but we haven't seen the old Pagong in a long time.
    I don't think we will here. I don't believe the two tribal alliances are as solid as they appeared this past episode. The lowest ranking members will have to reconsider their situations.
    It was foolish for Ralph to give is II away. He is not paying close attention. The numbers alone should have told him to hold on to it.
    Since Ralph let others know he has the idol it became a liability to him once the merge happened.

This is why I think having a second RI at this stage of the game is ridiculous. Matt survived all those duels. Fantastic. But he was immediately voted out after re-entering the game. Now he has another chance to get back in even later on, when others have to get there by playing the social game as well as the physical game. Not fair, if you ask me. I really hope this is the first and last time we see RI as a part of the game. I guess it would have been more interesting if the player winning the duels had changed from week to week, but if it is Matt coming back in because he continues to dominate the RI duels, then it is too much of a free pass to a poor all around player, IMO. He's good at the Outplay, but what about the rest???

Must give kudos to Natalie for winning the first immunity challenge especially with beating Mike.

Also kudos to Andrea for knowing to keep her mouth shut and showing she has a brain and is actually using it.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread