+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 4/6 Show Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 4/6 Show Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Why did Ralph think Mike needed to be protected? Was he just buying Mike's support? I hope they show the votes so we know who voted for Steve.
    Because Mike was sure he was being voted out. They figured if Rob and Co. voted for Mike and he had an idol, then Grant would be voted out. Basically, the one tribe voted for Grant, thinking Rob would be expecting it. It never crossed their tiny little minds that Robs peeps would think the same way.

I really like Matt. He's a cute, sweet kid but he WAS being wishy washy in his PI's and Rob had every right not to trust him. He had no way of knowing that Matt would stick with them. He did keep his word but in this game...we know what that's worth. Most people eventually break it. Rob is seasoned enough to be wary. Plus, it effectively took out the swing vote. Well played.

I, too, am tired of people bringing religion into reality show games. If there is a God, he's busy with poverty, famine, disease, war, etc to give two spits about a tv show, facebook, etc. It just irks me that people think God is going to win the game for them. Pray, keep the faith, but don't rely on anyone but yourself. It's just weird.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Poor Matt I haven't seen it yet, but were they told whoever was being voted off would go back to RI and potentially return to the game? Hopefully it bites them in the butt. Matt may have a tougher time hanging in there now, but he'd still be on the jury, right? I guess I'll have to watch to see the logic in voting him out again.
    Yes. Jeff told them that trips to RI would begin again when the next person was voted out.

Rob's logic in having Matt voted out was sound. He knew that Matt was a dangerous wildcard and found out Zapatera was trying to woo him (Matt even told Rob that he and Andrea had been thinking about jumping ship). That was enough for Rob to decide that Matt couldn't be trusted and he had to be voted off again.

Matt seems like a very nice young man, but he allowed his belief that a higher power controls the minutiae of life to cause him to relinquish all sense of reason and ignore certain facts inherent in the game of Survivor. His reward for his blind faith was to be blindsided once again.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by azadee13 View Post
    Boston Rob has twitter now for anyone that wants to know
    Thanks, I've been hoping he would! Cute picture he tweeted tonight of him, Amber and his two baby girls.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Matt = nice kid, dumb Survivor. If he wins this game by coming back in I will be supremely irritated. He gets voted out early, wins a bunch of duels, comes back into the game for one vote and then gets voted out again for basically doing what he did the first time around. He should have stuck with his original plan to align himself with Andrea, take out Omatepe eventually, and be quiet and sneaky about it. What does he do? Immediately spills everything to the one person who orchestrated his first vote out AND throws Andrea under the bus at the same time. So he spends all this time at RI where he doesn't have to negotiate tribal dynamics and backstab anyone, he doesn't make any enemies really (particularly not on the Zapatera tribe) and he just has to win a few more duels and he's back in it again. Ugh.

Being voted out TWICE should mean you're gone. I hope whoever goes next will win the duel, frankly. Nice kid, but not right for this game and I'm tired of him.
    Matt had the potential to be a great, heroic Survivor. He had a great plan, yet he spilled it all to Rob without Andrea's approval and was so blind to how it effects Andrea.

I hope he doesn't come back. If he does, he shouldn't win. Could be be the first person to ever be voted out 3 times in one season?

Quote Originally Posted by Gina28 View Post
    Thanks, I've been hoping he would! Cute picture he tweeted tonight of him, Amber and his two baby girls.
    I saw that. They're an adorable family and seem very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS View Post
    Matt had the potential to be a great, heroic Survivor. He had a great plan, yet he spilled it all to Rob without Andrea's approval and was so blind to how it effects Andrea.

I hope he doesn't come back. If he does, he shouldn't win. Could be be the first person to ever be voted out 3 times in one season?
    They need to really rethink the RI angle. Ridiculous.

Poor Matt, saying "I really want to be friends with these people. They don't want to be friends with me." C'mon buddy, this is the television show Survivor. They aren't there to roast marshmallows and sing Kumbaya around the campfire at night! Rob voted you out because you gave him a very good reason to do so. Right or wrong, you orchestrated your own ticket back to RI.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Thanks for the explanation I guess Rob is going to take a gamble that Matt doesn't return to the game at a crucial time and be a potential wild card that could lead to his downfall then. Because two times I trust the same guy and both times I got blindsided by him, I doubt I'll be trusting him a third. Could benefit whoever's on the outs at the time. Which could be the case with whoever returns at that time. I have a feeling we're going to see some unhappy campers getting their torches snuffed coming up.

I like Matt, so I was hoping he'd get the chance to play the game and not go back to RI. I'm over Rob; he's funny, but I'm over his ego. I don't like his little minions following him around. It'd be nice to see people try and play the game rather than tack onto a stronger player and do whatever they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    Matt's a sweet kid, but he has no place in this game. That was just stupid, stupid, stupid. And I hope Andrea's next.
    I guess I'm not getting it. It seems to me that Rob was the stupid one here.

If Matt switches Rob's plan backfires.
    If Matt doesn't switch then Rob wastes a chance to reduce Zapatera's tribe (like he did tonight).

Plus, we know Matt is great at Redemption Island. There's a decent chance he comes back!

And of course, by doing this you're risking Matt finding out or Andrea getting smart joining Matt to switch sides.

So what was the upside of voting Matt how this week? Seems like Rob is the stupid one here but the consensus here is that Matt was. I don't get it.

Though for what it's worth Matt clearly isn't a good player. He should never win but both times he was voted out seemed way too early and pointless.

FORT Fan

I think Rob's plan was brilliant. He gets rid of a flip-flop vote and cements the bond on his tribe even closer (do you really think Andrea has the brains or guts to orchestrate a blindside on Rob? Especially considering she'd be the bottom rung if she did flip to Zap.) Phil getting to be in on the blindside this time makes him think he's Rob's buddy again.

He still has the numbers-Ometepe is up 6-5 and no matter how annoying Phillip is, I can't imagine they'd want to vote him out before they get the rest of the Zapatera tribe gone.

At this point where individual immunity is up for grabs, they're far more likely to vote off the stronger men, guys who have a better chance of beating Matt at RI and sending him home for good than players like Sarita or Francesca.

He (granted unwittingly) got Ralph to play his immunity idol and I can't see (or at least, I really hope) the producers putting another one into play unless Rob uses his. So unless Zap can convince someone to flip (and based on how close Ometepe seemed this week I doubt it) I'd bet a Zap tribe member will be going next week, since they don't have an idol to play any more.

it was kind of a gamble to vote Matt out, but Rob must have known exactly how Andrea would vote or I'd guess he'd go back to the original plan of voting Steve. It was the kind of masterful move we expect of Rob (and unlike HvV, he has minions both dumb enough to follow him blindly and smart enough to not try to overthink his plans) and even the other tribe was impressed at what a god vote it was.

I also think Rob's plan was brilliant. The guy always seems to have the ability to think two steps ahead of everyone else. And I don't think we can blame him because he has his group of minions. He doesn't "command" them. The minions are the stupid ones giving Rob such power.

I noticed that Andrea is not so love-sick over Matt now that he's back. She didn't like how he sold her out to Rob and she mentioned that Matt was sometimes in la-la land (or words to that effect).

I'd love to think that Mike got Ralph to use the Imunity Idol just to get it away from him for future reasons. I expected a lot more from Mike, given his background and haven't seen any evidence of it yet. Maybe he's playing it safe and flying under the radar for a reason later on. But it's probably wishful thinking on my part. He sure is good looking.

I'm loving Phillip and his long dialogues. The extended answer to Jeff about Samuri's exploits during the Redemption Island contest was hilarious. The guy is perfect for the cameras and Jeff encourages it. Just keep those tighty-whity loosey-goosey pinkies away from my eyes!!

+ Reply to Thread