+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 4/6 Show Thread **Spoilers**

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: 4/6 Show Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    I agree. My son was watching the TC last night, and he said: You must really have to be an uncaring person to go far in Survivor. I could never treat people that way.

Guess my guy will never make on Survivor
    And good for him! The be all and end all of the world isn't being on Survivor, or winning it, but being a good person.
    Matt, despite his professed faith in his god, isn't that good, frankly, or he would never have betrayed his one true friend, Andrea, like that. A good Christian would have realized that other people have "lives" and he would have discussed it with her before spilling all to Rob, to give her a chance to portray herself as a non-Rob-traitor, even discussed it with her and come to a MUTUAL decision about going with Rob, not just blindsiding her like that. It's as if Matt didn't even think Andrea mattered at all, only Matt. Even if Rob had trusted Matt after that blather (and why should he trust someone who seriously considered defecting?), he would never have trusted Andrea, who was portrayed by Matt as selling out Rob. Nice work, Matt--really sleazy for such a "good" guy, even if not a conscious decision on your part. No wonder Andrea doesn't seem so enamored anymore. Don't blame her.
    I also agree Matt has not that good a chance of winning the remaining RI contests. Earlier, except for Russell, the tribes were invested in voting out the weak members, so no surprise he won the challenges. Now the goal is to vote out any strong person who doesn't have immunity, and there are a lot of strong men on Russell's old tribe that are likely to give Matt a real challenge.
    To the question when will Rob's tribe wake up and vote him out...if he doesn't dump Andrea quickly she strikes me as the most likely leader of the revolt. She seems like the only one with a working brain, and I agree she might ally with low ranking members of the other team---especially those low on Rob's hit list who will be around for a bit, aka women. Maybe even some of the beachbathing females on her team if she's formed some kind of bond. If she has ANY sense she won't bring Phillip into it for a while, but keep him in reserve. The man has NO filter and cannot be trusted not to blow any plan at TC, BEFORE the vote.

Quote Originally Posted by srwiner View Post
    While everyone thinks Matt was the dumbest person on his episode last night I am afraid Ralph earned that title for me.

Yes Matt should not have been wishy washy. Ridiculous to tell Rob you were thinking of flipping. Honesty got the best of him. I applaud him for being an honest guy but has he never seen an episode of survivor.

Ralph..I was so rooting for him in the beginning. Playing the idol too early and for someone else. Other than the chick earlier that had one and played way to early his was the dumbest. I understand you have to form teams but in the long run you are out for yourself. Never share an idol with anyone and never play it on anyone else's behalf. Dumb dumb dumb!!!!!
    well I think if he lives through the RI again and wins and IF he gets to come back...Rob better watch his back....and truthfully at this point considering what the tribe has put him through I think he deserves another chance wiht at least 1 week of immunity whether he wins or loses his next challenge IMO I truly believe he has earned the right to return

but since the person that goes to RI gets a luxury item..I am wonder if Matt will receive a new one since he left and had to come back..can't wait to see how it plays out..but if for some "off the wall reason" at this point I think he would have the best chance at the 1 million because of the sympathy created by his situation
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    well I think if he lives through the RI again and wins and IF he gets to come back...Rob better watch his back....and truthfully at this point considering what the tribe has put him through I think he deserves another chance wiht at least 1 week of immunity whether he wins or loses his next challenge IMO I truly believe he has earned the right to return

but since the person that goes to RI gets a luxury item..I am wonder if Matt will receive a new one since he left and had to come back..can't wait to see how it plays out..but if for some "off the wall reason" at this point I think he would have the best chance at the 1 million because of the sympathy created by his situation
    At this point I wouldn't put it past him to trust Rob again....

The only way he wins this is if he goes on RI winning run followed by an immunity run, and if Rob has already been voted out. He's so bad at the social aspect of this game that he betrayed and blindsided his only ally.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

On a separate subject... I wondered if Mike threw that challenge... He seemed SO steady, and then poof. And Nat looked as if she were about to go. It's almost as if he were waiting for the other men to fail....so it would be "wasted" on a weak woman player? Maybe he wanted to get that immunity idol played? Or maybe he hoped to blindside someone on the other team by luring them into voting for him, with him being protected, and then have his team vote that guy (presumably Grant) off?

well as this point I think Matt has shown outstanding skills on RI and maybe the producers need to take a long hard look at that and I think he deserves to be returned to the game with at least one week immunity whether he loses his next challenge or what..he has proved beyond a resonalbe doubt that he belongs there..I aslo wonder that since he received a luxury item the first time he was there and re entered the game and was sent back to RI if he will get another luxury item....IMO he deserves another chance reguardless of what happens on RI..I truly believe he has earned it

my idea for RI is that they should not be returned only when the merge takes place..I think they should set a number of wins on RI and if they can pull it off then they are allowed to go back to the tribe..I think it would make it more exciting than them just wondering when the return will happen..I think it would bring a lot more of interest in the show...say they win 2 or 3 RI challenges then they should have proved themselves enough to return...IMO would make the game much more interesing

becaue I am 99.9% sure that they never expected Matt to win all 6 of his challenges and to me that puts the game on a whole new level
    Last edited by ButterflyFaery; 04-10-2011 at 12:27 AM.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    Yeah but he didn't amount to anything. Or maybe there is more to come. Maybe there is another return. I don't like to see character development from someone who really has no role in the process. They could have just eliminated redemption island completely and sent everyone home.
    It seems like Redemption Island is pointless but the producers didn't count on someone like Matt winning each and every time when they came up with the idea.

It won't be so easy for Matt from now on with his prospective challenger being Mike.

I think the idea of RI was good before the merge, but after the merge I see it as pointless, because I feel that if Matt comes back from RI and stays to the F3 he will win because he would be the player with no blood on his hands, the Zap members will all vote for him because just like Jane(I think that's her name) said, that poor kid the sorry factor will kick in.....For me he would be the worse winner..

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345 View Post
    I think the idea of RI was good before the merge, but after the merge I see it as pointless, because I feel that if Matt comes back from RI and stays to the F3 he will win because he would be the player with no blood on his hands, the Zap members will all vote for him because just like Jane(I think that's her name) said, that poor kid the sorry factor will kick in.....For me he would be the worse winner..
    That is a possibility. I can also see the jury refusing to hand someone the win who has not been in the game much.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    well as this point I think Matt has shown outstanding skills on RI and maybe the producers need to take a long hard look at that and I think he deserves to be returned to the game with at least one week immunity whether he loses his next challenge or what..he has proved beyond a resonalbe doubt that he belongs there..I aslo wonder that since he received a luxury item the first time he was there and re entered the game and was sent back to RI if he will get another luxury item....IMO he deserves another chance reguardless of what happens on RI..I truly believe he has earned it

my idea for RI is that they should not be returned only when the merge takes place..I think they should set a number of wins on RI and if they can pull it off then they are allowed to go back to the tribe..I think it would make it more exciting than them just wondering when the return will happen..I think it would bring a lot more of interest in the show...say they win 2 or 3 RI challenges then they should have proved themselves enough to return...IMO would make the game much more interesing

becaue I am 99.9% sure that they never expected Matt to win all 6 of his challenges and to me that puts the game on a whole new level
    How deserving Matt is of a third chance to play this game depends on whether one believes that doing well in challenges is the primary point of Survivor or not. If that is the case, then someone like Sandra would be the most undeserving winner ever. I personally think that being able to remain in the game by solely using your wits and without being able to rely on prowess in challenges to cover your ass all the time, is a bigger accomplishment.

I do feel sorry for Matt, he signed up for Survivor completely oblivious that his moral and religious convictions would need to be compromised in order to succeed. However, IMO that doesn't make him deserving of anything.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I feel for the producers a bit---I'm sure they expected that, as in the past, the first evictees would be those seen as the less physically fit (the "old ladies"), who would be probably become more fit as time went on and the weakest had already been eliminated....leading to repeated turnovers in the resident of RI. Who would predict that the first evictee would be a very fit, reasonably smart young male? AKA Rob's rival. I'm sure Rob still sees him as someone who could beat him in challenges and in vote getting at the final TC.

+ Reply to Thread