+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NBC Thrives Thursday as CBS Dives Sans 'Survivor'

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar

NBC Thrives Thursday as CBS Dives Sans 'Survivor'

Looks like it's time to hurry up with the next one!

From Reuters:

Thursday's season finales of "Friends," "Will & Grace" and "ER" drove NBC to its biggest win on the night in more than a year, since the February 2002 sweep.

CBS was off its game now that "Survivor" is out of the anchor 8 p.m. slot, where a rerun of "CSI: Miami" (12.3 million, 3.6/11) got creamed by the "Friends" finale.

"Friends" 70-minute season closer averaged 24.3 million viewers and an eye-popping 11.7 rating/35 share in the adults 18-49 demographic -- the show's highest ratings since January, according to preliminary estimates from Nielsen Media Research. "Will & Grace," which ran from 9:10-9:58 p.m., wrapped its fourth season with 20.5 million viewers and 10.5/26 in 18-49, beating CBS' "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" (23.3 million, 8.1/21) in the 9 p.m. hour.

CBS' 10 p.m. freshman season wrap of "Without a Trace" managed a more-than-respectable 15.8 million viewers and 5.1/13 in 18-49 vs. "ER's" ninth season finale, which delivered 21.7 million viewers and 10.4/27 in adults 18-49. Based on its strong performances during the May sweep, "ER" is poised to surpass or tie CBS' "CSI" as primetime's top-rated drama series in the adults 18-49 demo for the season, which wraps on Wednesday.

ABC's coverage of the decisive game 6 of the NBA's Western Conference semi-finals, which saw the San Antonio Spurs boot the Los Angeles Lakers out of the post-season hoops action with a 110-82 victory, didn't generate much Nielsen heat. In the 55 top "metered" markets, the game averaged 8.0 household rating and 12 share.

Fox was in the cellar for the night with a rerun of its "Married...with Children" reunion special and newsmagazine "The Pulse" yielding a nightly average of 3.8 million viewers and 1.6/4 in 18-49. NBC towered over the competition with a nightly average of 22.6 million viewers and 11.1/30.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

We're 12 days away from TAR4 coming to the timeslot rescue.

Rock on! I hope this is what TAR needs to get the audience they deserve (sorry, I know I'm OT )

It just makes me happy when I see Survivor taking viewers away from Friends.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)

FORT Fogey
    I can't for the Amazing Race! It'll take care of their rating probs that they currently have!

Did CBS really think that a rerun of CSI Miami would beat the Friends season finale? They had to know they would take a beating.

They should be starting TAR on the 22 before people start finding something lame to watch.

Most of whats on TV is going to be awful for the next couple of weeks.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Friends is still on TV?
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Originally posted by Bill_in_PDX
    Friends is still on TV?
    Yes, and it was one of the best episodes ever!! Living North of the
    border is very good for a couch potato since Global Television has shown Friends before Survivor all along ( no need to miss anything !! )

K

Jumpin' on the Clay Train Bdawg's Avatar
    And why aren't they starting TAR this week? I can easily see why they didn't put it up against the season finale of Friends, but why not this week?

Because they are stupid Bdawg.
    That is the only answer I can come up with anyway
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast