+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 3/23 Show Discussion *spoilers*

Re: 3/23 Show Discussion *spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I didn't like Matt in the beginning. The whole congratulate the other team thing might be gracious & good sportsmanlike in another situation, but not in a situation where people jump alliances, switch sides, backstab & betray. In this game absolute loyalty is valued & any indication of wavering is deadly. He made a poor choice trying to bring too much of the outside world niceties into the game.
    However, since he's been on RI, he's grown on me. He treats his opponents with kindness & respect, he's not a whiner, & he's working 100% to get back in the game. I'm rooting for him more & more every week.
    I don't want him to go with the other team, though. I can't stand them.
    Excellent post and I concur 100%. He really is a sweet guy (not to mention..really pretty, too). I wouldn't mind seeing him re-enter the game but only if him and Rob bury the hatchet and work together. Rob is and always will be my favorite Survivor player. So I can't root against him...even for a terrific kid like Matt.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Well said. And while I know many people aren't fond of the "RI" idea, if Matt were to make it out of there, make the finals and win, no one can say he didn't play the game - he had to out play a lot of people (at least four so far) to make it back into the game.

And I like that win/lose/draw, he has been respectful of every player. Even with Russell he was respectful. Said a lot.

One other note, I loved how in the scene they did with the Bible and chat about their beliefs, I liked how it was not forced and they said whatever happened was God's will. That was different from the norm in that you didn't see people do the whole "God let me win" bit but instead say let us do our best and whatever happens is your will. Some will say that this is not different, but I disagree - Asking to do their best is not saying let someone win. Very rare in this game - and both respected each other. Nice change of pace.
    I totally agree. I was pleased with how the whole thing between Matt and Krista was handled regarding their own very personal religious beliefs....with a lot of respect. Religion is a hot topic that many times is made a mockery of by the press and on some television shows. Seeing this was a nice change of pace.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Excellent post and I concur 100%. He really is a sweet guy (not to mention..really pretty, too). I wouldn't mind seeing him re-enter the game but only if him and Rob bury the hatchet and work together. Rob is and always will be my favorite Survivor player. So I can't root against him...even for a terrific kid like Matt.
    If Rob makes amends with Matt for what he did, it will probably be fake and Rob will once again try to get rid of him ASAP. He only got rid of him the first time because he saw him as a huge threat and that him and Andrea would be the power couple that makes it to the end. He then used the excuse that Matt commited treason when he congradulated the other team so that his tribemates wouldn't know his true intensions. Then Andrea was somehow stupid enough to turn back to Rob's side. What she should of done was to pretend to go back to Rob's side and then back when they split the votes between Phillip and Kristina she of told them of the plans and convinced them to blindside Rob 3-2-2. Even if Phillip would of been to stupid and rated her out to Robit would of been worth a try since they arenow the next two on the pecking order. And just for the record, here is the current pecking order on Ometepe: 1. Andrea 2. Phillip 3. Grant 4. Ashley Now that Rob knows of Ralph's idol and will probably flush it out when the merge comes, his main threat will be Matt if he comes back. Andrea is on top of his pecking order so that the possible "power couple" will not reunite in the main game.

Quote Originally Posted by bencalebrod View Post
    He only got rid of him the first time because he saw him as a huge threat and that him and Andrea would be the power couple that makes it to the end. He then used the excuse that Matt commited treason when he congradulated the other team so that his tribemates wouldn't know his true intensions.
    He had good reason to fear Andrea and Matt being a power couple and making it to the end. He knows that game...him and Amber already played it. Perfectly.

As for Matt being congenial with the other tribe...That's awesome...in real life. In the game, not so much. In a game where a merge will eventually happen and one member of your tribe is already making nicey-nicey with the enemy....yeah...you don't want someone to have that kind of leverage over you. Rob was absolutely right to be worried about that and to boot Matt. Although, I do think he did it a smidge too soon.

Andrea wasn't stupid, as she didn't fall right back in with Rob. She said in one of her PI's that she was angry and that she had to play nice with him so she wouldn't be the next target.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

They're really playing up Phillip's wackadoodle aspects (and he has them by the carload). But watch this video of him: Survivor Video - We Need More Protein - CBS.com

He's not completely stupid OR wackadoodle. His main problem is that he's annoying everyone else. He's apparently unable to hide his personality completely, which would serve him a lot better.

If my name looks at all familiar, I used to frequent this board several years ago. But I kind of lost interest in reality TV for a few years, and my evenings are always busy. This year, I've been watching on the computer a day or two after.

I used to HATE Boston Rob. He's kind of grown on me. Maybe it's just my perception, or maybe it's just true: He seems to have lost a nasty, mean edge he used to have. His comments crack me up now! Maybe I just needed awhile to get over him organizing Hunter's prompt ouster in his (Rob's) first season. I mean, he deprived us (me) of watching Hunter for at least several weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy van Pelt View Post
    They're really playing up Phillip's wackadoodle aspects (and he has them by the carload). But watch this video of him: Survivor Video - We Need More Protein - CBS.com

He's not completely stupid OR wackadoodle. His main problem is that he's annoying everyone else. He's apparently unable to hide his personality completely, which would serve him a lot better.
    Thanks for the video. You're right, he's not stupid but extremely annoying. I'm glad he's there. I like the more colorful contestants. Makes it a lot more interesting than the pretty young things that work on their tan.

FORT Fogey

The two girls on Philip's team, see they are so boring do not know their names, do not deserve to be there. I am so sick of entitled spoiled people on these shows. They act like they should not be bothered to do anything, but they use the fire and the shelter that everyone else works for. I just hate seeing people with no work ethic, no personality other than entitlement wasting spots on these shows.

While Philip has his annoying traits, at least he has a personality and does something.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy van Pelt View Post

Thanks for the video--definitely improved my view of Phillip. Very clever to shoot him with a backdrop of the 3 young ladies lounging on the beach doing nothing. He's absolutely right that they need to eat protein if they want to compete--for their bodies and their brains. And to not help with the fire??? Geesh.

Good video. I can understand Rob's reasons for giving the beauty queens a pass, but Phillips' reasons why they should do more in camps are more compelling to me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345