+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 3/23 Show Discussion *spoilers*

Re: 3/23 Show Discussion *spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I forgot to ask this--Serita is worried she may have a dental infection. Aren't they allowed to check with the on-site medical personal if they think they have an infection of some kind?
    I could be wrong but I think that they receive medical attention including bandages, disinfectant, and stitches but are not allowed to take any drugs or antibiotics afterwards. They have to quit the game to get medical treatment, I think.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by scoot13 View Post
    I could be wrong but I think that they receive medical attention including bandages, disinfectant, and stitches but are not allowed to take any drugs or antibiotics afterwards. They have to quit the game to get medical treatment, I think.

Actually, that sort of makes sense. They might have legal liability issues if thy let people compete while under the influence of a medication that might, say, make them drowsy, and someone got hurt and argued later it was because of an impaired reaction time. I just wanted to verify that they had the option of seeking medical attention if they thought they had an infection and wished to find out for sure whether they did or not .

Quote Originally Posted by scoot13 View Post
    no meds allowed..I asked Jeff one week about it if someone like me that has to take a thyroid med everyday would they be allowed too..and he said NO, IDK but he was talking to someone else one week about being diabetic and if I understood correctly Insulin would be the only med allowed if someone passed all their other tests but I could be wrong....its hard to keep up with all the tweets on game show night....I laughed at him when he said no thryoid meds and i said well guess that means I would have to leave the hydrocodone and xanax behind as well..lol
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

To the Point

Well, the no meds thing certainly could help explain some of the bizarre characters from past seasons. They had to go off their meds to compete.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    Well, the no meds thing certainly could help explain some of the bizarre characters from past seasons. They had to go off their meds to compete.
    well I could live with the no throyid med but no way could I leave my xanax behind..lol especially if I had to live with someone like Phillip

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    no meds allowed..I asked Jeff one week about it if someone like me that has to take a thyroid med everyday would they be allowed too..and he said NO, IDK but he was talking to someone else one week about being diabetic and if I understood correctly Insulin would be the only med allowed if someone passed all their other tests but I could be wrong....its hard to keep up with all the tweets on game show night....I laughed at him when he said no thryoid meds and i said well guess that means I would have to leave the hydrocodone and xanax behind as well..lol
    I recall it being an inhaler, as insulin sometimes has to be refrigerated. Their diet also can factor in a large way, and they may not allow a diabetic to compete on the show for fear of diabetic shock/insulin coma. (As some may argue about Nat I think in "AR," they do at least have a regular enough diet in that game and from their interview they had to carry a lot of medicine and snacks around just in case).

I think the rule itself is if they think it's bad enough, they can call medical for an evaluation. If the condition is serious enough to require antibiotics or draining of wounds to prevent infection, they will be removed from the game. This has happened even to healthy contestants who had relatively minor injuries become infected and have to leave. James is a key one here - pus in his finger, out and had to go on IV antibiotics.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I recall it being an inhaler, as insulin sometimes has to be refrigerated. Their diet also can factor in a large way, and they may not allow a diabetic to compete on the show for fear of diabetic shock/insulin coma. (As some may argue about Nat I think in "AR," they do at least have a regular enough diet in that game and from their interview they had to carry a lot of medicine and snacks around just in case).

I think the rule itself is if they think it's bad enough, they can call medical for an evaluation. If the condition is serious enough to require antibiotics or draining of wounds to prevent infection, they will be removed from the game. This has happened even to healthy contestants who had relatively minor injuries become infected and have to leave. James is a key one here - pus in his finger, out and had to go on IV antibiotics.
    you are probably right..like I said its hard to keep up with comversations..since I really don't know anything about insulin, I didn't know it had to be kept in a fridge so it sounds more like an inhaler for asthma would more than likely be allowed ..I don't know if they would be allowed to keep it on them or if the med team on board keeps it

Quote Originally Posted by Annastasia B View Post
    I too like the RI challenges. Hope Matt keeps winning and comes back to get rid of Rob. Actually I would like to see Matt win the whole thing!!
    I didn't like Matt in the beginning. The whole congratulate the other team thing might be gracious & good sportsmanlike in another situation, but not in a situation where people jump alliances, switch sides, backstab & betray. In this game absolute loyalty is valued & any indication of wavering is deadly. He made a poor choice trying to bring too much of the outside world niceties into the game.
    However, since he's been on RI, he's grown on me. He treats his opponents with kindness & respect, he's not a whiner, & he's working 100% to get back in the game. I'm rooting for him more & more every week.
    I don't want him to go with the other team, though. I can't stand them.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Once I separated Matt from Fabio in my mind I really fell for him. Not that Fabio wasn't lovable.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I didn't like Matt in the beginning. The whole congratulate the other team thing might be gracious & good sportsmanlike in another situation, but not in a situation where people jump alliances, switch sides, backstab & betray. In this game absolute loyalty is valued & any indication of wavering is deadly. He made a poor choice trying to bring too much of the outside world niceties into the game.
    However, since he's been on RI, he's grown on me. He treats his opponents with kindness & respect, he's not a whiner, & he's working 100% to get back in the game. I'm rooting for him more & more every week.
    I don't want him to go with the other team, though. I can't stand them.
    Well said. And while I know many people aren't fond of the "RI" idea, if Matt were to make it out of there, make the finals and win, no one can say he didn't play the game - he had to out play a lot of people (at least four so far) to make it back into the game.

And I like that win/lose/draw, he has been respectful of every player. Even with Russell he was respectful. Said a lot.

One other note, I loved how in the scene they did with the Bible and chat about their beliefs, I liked how it was not forced and they said whatever happened was God's will. That was different from the norm in that you didn't see people do the whole "God let me win" bit but instead say let us do our best and whatever happens is your will. Some will say that this is not different, but I disagree - Asking to do their best is not saying let someone win. Very rare in this game - and both respected each other. Nice change of pace.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast