+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 3/16 show discussion thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 3/16 show discussion thread **SPOILERS**

Maybe next time they need to vote off Matt's honey-bun. Then the two face off at RI and only one can survive, so that if Matt were to return he wouldn't have that twosome alliance that concerned Rob so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Maybe next time they need to vote off Matt's honey-bun. Then the two face off at RI and only one can survive, so that if Matt were to return he wouldn't have that twosome alliance that concerned Rob so much.

I've been thinking this since Matt's first RI duel win.
    Their RI faceoff would be interesting to watch too.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Fanatic

I'm confused. I thought winning a duel got that person back into the game, yet Matt is still at Redemption Island. At what point will a person be able to enter back into the game?

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25 View Post
    I'm confused. I thought winning a duel got that person back into the game, yet Matt is still at Redemption Island. At what point will a person be able to enter back into the game?
    Winning a RI duel wins that person the prize of remaining on Redemption Island. As we have seen with three contestants now, the loser of the duel puts their buff in the fire and goes home permanently, and the winner remains on RI until the next duel.

A some undisclosed point in the game in the future, whichever one person is on RI as the winner of the most recent duel will return to the game as a regular player. We don't know when that will be, but it will only happen one time in the whole game, and then the Redemption Island part of the game is over.

IMO, it makes the most sense for the Redemption Island champion to rejoin the game at the point where the very next person voted off is the first member of the jury, so that they will be privy to all of the tribal councils where the person voted out becomes an active voter in the season result, but that is little more than half-way through the season which feels awful soon.
    _(Moo!)

Another fun and satisfying episode. Although it would have been hysterical if they had not voted off Krista and she and Stephanie made merge and did align with what would be left of Rob's crew. Oh, well. Maybe Matt will lose next week and Krista can hang on until the islander is let back into the game.

I do hope if Ometepe loses next week, droopy drawers doesn't give the majority an excuse to keep him. Rob is already hinting that with the hate the latrine sergeant attracts, it might help Rob's game to keep him around.

The other tribe is getting complacent and I'm glad Stephanie and Krista outed the pairs that have formed. Now maybe the "trust no one" will come into play and make everyone paranoid. That is always fun to see.

I was in a sugar low when the virtual basket of sweets was presented as reward. I drooled imagining how yummy all those goodies must have tasted and smelled. I wonder if they are going to have an auction once merge has happened. There is usually food there. Going to raid the refrigerator.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25 View Post
    from what Jeff told me last night on twitter..they decide when the person at RI goes back into the game which means Matt could win 6 challenges then someone beats him and that maybe the week the person gets sent back...

I told him that it should have been set up if a person is able to hang on long enough to win 3 duels then they should be allowed back in the game....cause you know Matt would go back gunning for Rob

I just think it would make things more interesting that way
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron
    so far those "6" together as easily the most annoying people on the show. Krista(sp?) was right when she said they arent playing the game. Seems like the guy with the natural sweater Ralph doesnt have a real alliance with one person. Ditto with the rest. It's really going to end up creating some interesting blindsides.

I think the best example of them not playing the game came at the vote when they didnt even split the votes in case one of them had an immunity idol. Now, I understand that Ralph has one and they know but it doesnt mean that they couldnt have been given one by the other tribe or anything. Anything is possible and yet they voted like fools.

If they had an immunity idol, an epic blindside would have occurred. One of the biggest ever and it would have been hilarious.
    Having a strong six person alliance is a very valid way to play this game. If you can hold tight and make it to the final six, great, you can battle it out then. Why risk breaking up the six for power positions now? That would be crazy. It may be kind of boring to view, but it's far better than making an alliance of three and then remaining loyal to one of those three who has left the game. THAT is one of the stupidest ways to play.

There will be just 3 more Tribal Councils and duels at RI before the merge, right? Ometepe has 6 members left, and Zapatera has 7 (the alliance of 6 plus Stephanie). Didn't Jeff indicate that one person will return from RI at the merge, and another would re-enter later on?

FORT Fan

"If they want to find a way to keep the game fresh dont do it with silly plot devices, cast intelligent (and/or entertaining) players like Boston Rob, Russell, Cirie, & Sandra and I guarantee the fans will keep showing up!"

I agree absolutely! To me, Survivor has always been about throwing a bunch of disparate people in a desparate situation to see how they interact. Cast the right people, and that's all the story line you need. Get rid of the stupid idols, RI, and other crutches and just find some interesting people.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    But I miss the innocence of the players of the first few seasons, who hadn't watched the show most of their life.
    I agree. Now they watch, they copy, but they can't compare. I quit watching awhile back, but do check here to see what's going on. I see I'm not missing much.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast