+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 3/16 show discussion thread **SPOILERS**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 3/16 show discussion thread **SPOILERS**

I'd love to see Matt re-enter the game. He went out too soon as it was, and I'm glad he's putting up a good fight to try and get back in. I still think he might make it so far and wind up losing when someone on his own level gets to RI. Even though the challenges haven't been physically demanding, he hasn't really had any good competition. It must be frustrating to have your game be in limbo.

What Rob said made sense, but I doubt it'll do any good. He'd be my target if I came back into the game, and I bet it'll be no different with Matt. He could easily jump ship to the other side at the merge and give them a man up on their side as well. I wish Stephanie had gotten voted off tonight over Krista. Krista I barely remember anything about, but Stephanie is downright annoying. I think Julie's the only female cast member who has stood out so far. The rest all blur together.

I wonder if RI will be a continuing element to the game. I do like the idea that after so many wins, a cast member enters the game again-except I don't think anyone should know when. I'm impressed Matt is still in it.

A couple of thoughts:

Somehow I missed Boston Rob's first season and I don't like the Amazing Race so my first viewing came with the last heroes v. villians where I found him a bit lackluster--certainly not the super entertaining/cunning/wonderful contestant many people made him out to be--basically, I was underwhelmed. This season, however, he is my absolute favorite. He has played a very smart game and amuses me in his confessionals. Why cant the producers find more contestants with half a brain like this guy--folks that actually think about the game instead of their suntans and hair?

Im not liking RI at all. Tonight marked the third or fourth time Ive heard a contestant basically say that its ok if they get voted off because they will just go to RI. I know Russell said "send me to RI, Ill just come right back" and the girls tonight acted like it was no biggie because there was a second chance. It is human nature to fight, claw and scrape if your backed up against a wall but if theres an escape hatch that might work then a lot of folks are gonna go that route instead of fighting....I feel like this is what is happening with the RI option. I dont want to see the contestants shrug it off and say Ill just win at RI, I want to see them do whatever it takes to stay in the game.
    Also, if someone stays in the game from RI and makes it to the finals (and I imagine they will be inserted back around 7-5 left) they have not fulfilled the outwit portion of the game because they missed the social aspect! How can you be the sole survivor if you didn't play the majority of the game? And, it seems to me you come in, find the weak spot and maybe hitch yourself a ride to the finals where a lot of people will probably favor you because you never had a hand in voting them out. If they want to find a way to keep the game fresh dont do it with silly plot devices, cast intelligent (and/or entertaining) players like Boston Rob, Russell, Cirie, & Sandra and I guarantee the fans will keep showing up!

Finally, I bet the comments from Krista and Stephanie about Zap not making it near the end was a nice bit of foreshadowing provided by the producers this evening. Those morons think the game of Survivor is about voting Russell out...they cant see the forest for the Russell Fir Trees...and before they know it they are going to regret throwing challenges and thinking they have everything figured out.

FORT Regular

so far those "6" together as easily the most annoying people on the show. Krista(sp?) was right when she said they arent playing the game. Seems like the guy with the natural sweater Ralph doesnt have a real alliance with one person. Ditto with the rest. It's really going to end up creating some interesting blindsides.

I think the best example of them not playing the game came at the vote when they didnt even split the votes in case one of them had an immunity idol. Now, I understand that Ralph has one and they know but it doesnt mean that they couldnt have been given one by the other tribe or anything. Anything is possible and yet they voted like fools.

If they had an immunity idol, an epic blindside would have occurred. One of the biggest ever and it would have been hilarious.

FORT Fogey

I adore Rob! He is sharp and witty. Good answer to Matt at RI duel.

Rob and Philip are supplying the entertainment and I was glad to hear Rob will keep him around.

Matt is going to win again next week. The promo said it all in their "drama" about Matt being behind as he struggled with a knot. pfffffffft

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    A couple of thoughts:

Also, if someone stays in the game from RI and makes it to the finals (and I imagine they will be inserted back around 7-5 left) they have not fulfilled the outwit portion of the game because they missed the social aspect! How can you be the sole survivor if you didn't play the majority of the game? And, it seems to me you come in, find the weak spot and maybe hitch yourself a ride to the finals where a lot of people will probably favor you because you never had a hand in voting them out. .
    This is a very good point. I have liked the 'idea' of RI and it does provide a new twist to the game after so many seasons, but you are right- they don't have to do the social aspect of the game and I think that is actually the most important part.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Ashley and Natalie are horrid. Plus their voices annoy me too.
    I really felt sorry for Andrea. I honestly don't think I could keep my self-control around them on an island. Fur would fly!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

I'm glad they sent Krista home and hope Stephanie will be right behind her. I hope Matt continues to do well at Redemption Island and stays in the game. I'd love to see him beat every person on his team who wrote his name down especially Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    A couple of thoughts:

...Finally, I bet the comments from Krista and Stephanie about Zap not making it near the end was a nice bit of foreshadowing provided by the producers this evening. Those morons think the game of Survivor is about voting Russell out...they cant see the forest for the Russell Fir Trees...and before they know it they are going to regret throwing challenges and thinking they have everything figured out.
    too!

Plus the comments Julie's made about "karma" and throwing that challenge could be foreshadowing, too. They seem to think they're "hot stuff" having achieved the status of The Ones Who Voted Out Russell (really? ). I'd like to see their short-sightedness come back to haunt them. It's always bothered me how tribes will often get rid of their stronger players in order to get around them, but then it results in a weakening of the tribe.

While we don't see everything that goes on, from what's been shown, I'm really only liking Andrea and Matt (and Phillip with his quirky ways ) at this point. I'm sure that will change, though.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Despite what Rob says, I think Matt is smart enough to know that Rob is the one calling the shots in that tribe. So when he got voted out, it did take more than one vote, but the lemmings were only following their leader.

Rob is playing an awesome game. Granted, his team mates aren't the brightest bulbs in the lamp, but he is at least strategizing. I've never been a big Boston Rob fan, but this season he is winning me over.

Apparently next week Phillip has a total melt down. It sounded like it was related to the amount of work certain people do at camp. With Phillip already being on the outs with most (all?) of his tribe, flipping out on your tribe mates doesn't seems like a smart move.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

I don't understand why some people are thinking that getting rid of Russell is THE reason that their tribe is losing challenges. I think that even if they had not thrown the challenge that they would have voted him off. Russell is not a nice guy. He intended to cause chaos since he figured out that no one trusted him and wanted anything to do with him - except those two girls.

In my opinion the fact that Russell is now gone is not the reason that they lost that last challenge. The puzzle ended up being the reason that they lost. They did fairly well in the challenge up until then and had a chance to win it. Hopefully, the next challenge won't involve a puzzle since that is something that Rob is good at, and it would even the odds. Last week Rob's tribe lost in a very physical challenge, so anything is possible.

I hope that Matt keeps on winning and is able to re-enter the game. I really want to see the expression on Rob's face if that happens. I think that Matt deserves another chance. But what are the odds that he can keep on winning those challenges? I think that he has it worse than the others - limited food, isolation with no social interaction and sheer boredom. He can't help it if he is not able to use his social game. In fact Rob targeted him partly because he feared Matt's ability to socialize. I am pulling for Matt to get a face-to-face with Rob - and get back in the game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast