+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 3/16 show discussion thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: 3/16 show discussion thread **SPOILERS**

Re the preview for next week: No, Phillip, you're not the redheaded stepchild. You're the pink-pantied stepchild.

Quote Originally Posted by dantrb View Post
    That's thinking on his feet. He didn't bad mouth Matt and gave him an answer. That's how you play the social game.
    I think he's the best of the alumni..But I love him from his first season...He just cracks me up..smart man

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Re the preview for next week: No, Phillip, you're not the redheaded stepchild. You're the pink-pantied stepchild.

Quote Originally Posted by HotMomma View Post
    I am thinking Philip days are numbered...

Yes I think this time around the merge maybe real interesting..since I think both tribes have sub groups in them..
    Jeff is on twitter each week when the show airs..and he seems to really like Phillip..I get the impression that Phillip will be hanging around a while..uck..give the man some shorts..don't like his undies....sick
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fogey
    Canada's High Arctic, on the Arctic Ocean

Quote Originally Posted by HotMomma View Post
    Smooth move about changing the clue Boston Rob..I just love him,
    That move of Rob changing the clue was classic!!! Loved it and love Rob!
    Karey

Quote Originally Posted by KareyR2 View Post
    That move of Rob changing the clue was classic!!! Loved it and love Rob!
    Karey
    Rob is a naughty little boy but you can't help but love him...lol

I have watched every Survivor since the beginning (well, one I dumped half-way through, but that was a first and only).

Love him/hate him, Russell's first season injected a new element into the game and made it *POP* ----- second season also, to watch how the "all stars" would react to him.

I'm watching this season, but not with the same "gusto" I used to have. Is this an anti-Russell drama let down? Am I just too used to players doing the same stupid things (not only have I watched 21 seasons, they have, too)?

I'm so lukewarm about it right now, it makes me kind of sad
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    I have watched every Survivor since the beginning (well, one I dumped half-way through, but that was a first and only).

Love him/hate him, Russell's first season injected a new element into the game and made it *POP* ----- second season also, to watch how the "all stars" would react to him.

I'm watching this season, but not with the same "gusto" I used to have. Is this an anti-Russell drama let down? Am I just too used to players doing the same stupid things (not only have I watched 21 seasons, they have, too)?

I'm so lukewarm about it right now, it makes me kind of sad
    you have a big advantage over me then I didn't start watching til the heroes vs villians season.....if I remember correctly from what I was told Russell went straight from filming one to filming another...I had had enough of him with just one season..lol...I wanted to jump through the tv and choke him...that was also the first time I saw Rob...so I don't really know the history of these people other than hearing hundreds of times that Rob was the puzzle master

I really don't care if Russell comes back or not (even Rob) -- I'm just afraid that Survivor has not only become so familiar to us (the viewers) and to the contestants (also viewers) that it's all figured out. Everybody knows what to do pre-merge and post-merge. Everybody knows (except Russell ) how to manipulate the jury in the finals. Seems lately the producers have been dumping outrageous characters into the mix to make/keep it interesting (last year NoOnka, this year Phillip?).

The season I stopped watching was when Survivor tried to mix things up too much - 3 tribe switches. Overkill. Perhaps the producers, too, were feeling the crush of familiarity.

Again, Russell was new and different and changed the game! We were stirred, some were shocked, some were outraged, some were excited!

But, as was bound to happen, once his game was figured out, it was over. Now what? Back to where we were before Russell. Routine.

I loved having a boot list the last two years, and it was fun because it gave me something to look forward to, along with Russell's antics (who was he going to screw next?). Now, we back to the "ugh" normal.

Krista summed it quite well at TC, in my opinion. They have their pairs, the Merge will occur, they'll not have the numbers. I'm betting she'll be right.

Season 22....I love the Remdemption Island thing. But I miss the innocence of the players of the first few seasons, who hadn't watched the show most of their life.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

FORT Fan

Did I miss something? Why did Dave have the immunity idol? Jeff took it back from him at the challenge. But Dave's team LOST last week and went to tribal council to vote Russell off. Maybe I'm just tired . . .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast