+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: 3/9 show discussion thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: 3/9 show discussion thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    I'm sure this is probably at Jeff Probst's thread, but here's his video blog, with a Skype interview with Russell just after the show last night:

Jeff Probst
    Oh wow. Thank you for this. He is really and truely skewed. This is not just a TV game show for him in the least. He is delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by rfromp View Post
    Stephanie can't stop mouthing off to her tribe mates. I don't know where she thinks that will get her in her now, two-person alliance. She's a damned fool.

Oh Ralph, you just had to show Russell how much better than him you are by telling him how you found the idol in 15 seconds. Don't you mean, "accidentally stumbled across it"? Trying to kick a man when he's down is trashy no matter how much you don't like him.
    Agree on both counts. I was cheering for Ralph to pull one over on Russell, but when he started crowing about having found the HII at RI, I started to dislike him. I get that Russell rubs him the wrong way, but not much thought to strategy there, buddy, to announce to the other tribe that you have the HII. Trying to backpedal didn't work thanks to Special Agent Pink Panties, so now when the merge hits you're a big threat.

That tribe needs to get rid of those girls before the merge. They will flip like no tomorrow the first chance they get.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fan999 View Post
    A severe weight-loss diet is typically about 1200 to 1500 calories per day, depending on the person's weight and health, and usually has a minimum of about 30 grams of protein. A diet of 400 calories a day means slowly starving to death, with numerous ill effects in the interim. The drama and tension of "Survivor" depend on game play, challenges, strategy, alliances, etc. I just don't see any reason that the players couldn't get at least an unlimited supply of rice, maybe with some powdered milk and a few cans of tuna. Even a lifeboat or a bomb shelter is stocked with survival biscuits. Or if food needs to be part of the game, maybe there should be a competition every day where the winning team gets a great meal and the loser gets gruel. But watching people starve is not much fun.
    BUT hungry people make poor decisions, have fights over nothing, mess up their alliances, may have problems with balance, etc., all adding to the drama. Basically "low blood sugar" problems on steroids.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    BUT hungry people make poor decisions, have fights over nothing, mess up their alliances, may have problems with balance, etc., all adding to the drama. Basically "low blood sugar" problems on steroids.
    I agree and I just went to Jeff's site and asked why we are not seeing more of their hunger as we have in previous seasons. The food rewards and auction was better viewing when we knew how desperate they were.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    ... The food rewards and auction was better viewing when we knew how desperate they were....
    Those of us who are entertained by starvation and desperation will no doubt be thrilled by the horrifying images from Japan. Or maybe pro athletes should be forbidden to eat during the last week before their championship games. For the rest of us, watching smart (or not-so-smart), fit (or not-so-fit) people compete with whatever skills they can bring to their game would be pretty good viewing.

FORT Fogey
    Canada's High Arctic, on the Arctic Ocean

Where is the discussion thread for tonight's show??

Quote Originally Posted by fan999 View Post
    Do we know whether Rob and Russell (or anybody else) received a guaranteed minimum payment or some other benefit to get them on the show? Even if it's not cash, it would be easy to set up a speaking tour or a consulting contract or some other remuneration. Last season, I couldn't help but wonder whether Jimmy Johnson got some kind of guarantee. After all, at his level one day of his time is worth thousands of dollars.
    I can understand Jimmy Johnson being paid big bucks. Russell and Rob, heck NO, both would do it for nothing just to be on TV. How many times will these two be back before Survivor tanks because of them?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213