+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 3/9 show discussion thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: 3/9 show discussion thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I agree and disagree here. They may flush it out, but I doubt they'd blindside someone right now who is a physical force to keep their tribe winning. They've seen the result with Ometepe eliminated one of their strongest players (Matt). They'd probably even beaten Ometepe in the challenge they threw to get Russell out.

Plus Everyone wants to make at least the jury when it's every man for himself. Why go and backstab your ally who is a threat and could a. come back from RI and join the other tribe and b. hurt your chances of making jury by taking out a strong player?

And, knowing too that the majority had the idol, they didn't have to worry so much about Russell's old alliance finding it. If they have Ralph use it, there's a chance that they can find it and then Russell's gals have a shot (they are not good game players, irritating and we can have them out). They do however have to keep it mum to those two or it'll be washed out.

If - and I do stress if - Ralph plays it smart, he can use the HII to the effect of Yul and at least get far into the game, making at least jury.
    Oh yes, they will not blindside him anytime soon, I agree. As I said, they need him so he is safe for while. I see your point in relaxing about the "girls" not being able to find it.

Click to see Spoiler:
    the other Megan being ousted on "Face Off," leaving the four most worthy candidates left.
    you should have used spoiler tags or posted it in the appropriate thread

Yes! The hairy troll goes out like a tantrum throwing toddler. I laughed my arse off!!

I'm so enjoying Rob, and Phillip is just sheer entertainment. I get that he bugs, but you just never know what he'll do, and thus he's entertaining.

FORT Regular

This has been discussed before, but without much conclusion. Are contestants allowed to choose their own clothes? Almost all the women are wearing two-piece swimsuits of pretty much the same design, and two are actually the same orange-and-white stripes. Most of the men go shirtless most of the time. And I think I'll go blind if I see any more of Phillip's undies. If I were spending all day every day in a tropical environment, I would try to cover up as much as possible against bugs and sun, and I would wear loose, baggy clothes instead of tight swimsuits. Are the contestants told what to wear, or are they required to pick just one thing, or are the producers trying to make them look ridiculous and feel miserable, or what? I have always felt that it wouldn't damage game play at all if contestants were allowed to bring (or were given) a couple changes of clothes, a poncho and a fleece blanket.

Quote Originally Posted by scoot13 View Post
    you should have used spoiler tags or posted it in the appropriate thread
    I posted it in the appropriate thread as well, and I've been one of only two people to respond to "Face Off's" episode from yesterday. There really isn't as big of an interest in the show.

But I digress - this is "Survivor" afterall, and at least now we don't have to hear "Russell Vs. Rob" anymore - it's more just "Redemption Island."

I posted it in the appropriate thread as well, and I've been one of only two people to respond to "Face Off's" episode from yesterday. There really isn't as big of an interest in the show.

But I digress - this is "Survivor" afterall, and at least now we don't have to hear "Russell Vs. Rob" anymore - it's more just "Redemption Island."
    I love Face Off - but I DVR it cuz Wednesday's are very busy here. Our TV viewing here at home is always a day or so off.
    Back to the Survivor thread -I just watched it and thoroughly enjoyed Matt defeating Russell. I do enjoy watching Rob much more than I liked watching Russell. Russell just doesn't have the people skills that Rob uses to get things done.
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dicechick View Post
    Back to the Survivor thread -I just watched it and thoroughly enjoyed Matt defeating Russell. I do enjoy watching Rob much more than I liked watching Russell. Russell just doesn't have the people skills that Rob uses to get things done.
    Rob just to me seems to be the one who will learn and grow up. I mean, this guy has said some corkers through his seasons mind you, and I did find him annoying in "Marquesas" (But I'd preferred him winning over Vecepia any day)...

But he learns and matures.

Russell reminds me of the saytr from "Hercules" - in looks and a lot of his attitude.

I remember when they were permitted to bring a luxury item. Is that still allowed?
    Welcome to the party
    Team Ward

Quote Originally Posted by law638 View Post
    I remember when they were permitted to bring a luxury item. Is that still allowed?
    I haven't noticed them allowing it for several seasons now, but at Redemption Island, they did mention that the first girl voted out got hers...it was a journal.

poor, deluded pink-pantied Phillip with his bits hanging out
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by law638 View Post
    I think so, if only because I notice things like suddenly there's a second shirt they wear or some other tiny luxury.

And, I think there were stories from previous contestants that they have games besides the main reward/immunity ones we see to win prizes, kinda like "Big Brother 1" where they had to work to earn luxuries.

Might be an interesting question to pose to ousted contestants (though based on Russell's AP interview... we might not get a straight one from him).

+ Reply to Thread