+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: 3/2 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 3/2 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    There is a 30 second clip up on the Survivor website of the upcoming duel between Matt and Russell. It also states that "the second duel reduces one castmate to tears as he is eliminated from the game".

I think and hope that this is a play on words, because I kept rewatching the clip until I could clearly see which two tribe members from each tribe were sent to watch the duel. It looks like they are Ralph & Sarita and Phillip & Kristina.

Since we KNOW that Russell would NEVER shed a tear, then I think that the above statement is meant to be misleading. As you can see, it is not a physical challenge, though. I am hoping that the tears shed are from "castmate" Ralph - as in tears of joy, laughing his a$$ off, etc. etc. - as he gets to see Russell eliminated from the game FOR GOOD. If not, then it sounds like Matt is the one leaving, since he actually HAS feelings, unlike Russell.

I sure hope that Russell will be the one leaving next Wednesday. How fun would that be for Ralph, laughing his a$$ off, while watching Russell leave the game? SWEET!!!!!
    I could definitely see Russell crying. He looked near tears at both his finales because he knew he'd lost. I was a fan of his, but he really disappointed this season. He didn't change his game up at all. Glad he's out. Rob next please.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I agree goober makes more sense, but I heard guru and the closed captioning said guru. Not that CC is always correct, but on Survivor it is usually pretty good.
    If it was "guru" I wondered if it was something he picked up as a misunderstanding from an evangelical Christian background, from a discussion in which there was a reference to a leader in a South Asian religion as in someone who doesn't know the "truth".... as Matt didn't know the truth in this situation. Or maybe he meant "goober" but has misheard the word and mixed it up with guru... either way he's clearly not understood what it means. IF that's what he said... I guess we could list this as a question to ask Matt when he's gone!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Endit View Post
    Body hair is not always thought of as attractive or manly. Plus it may not look good on everybody. Being in Survivor, it might make sense because hair can lead to BO. And they practically all wear bathing suits 24/7.
    True, or feminine---depends on your culture or generation. In my youth European women didn't shave their armpits or, often, even their legs. I remember meeting female members of a German choir wearing fairly see through "peasant" blouses, through which one could easily see armpit hair. Quite the shock at the time! And now my students tell me that frequently women who don't shave their "private" areas or at least trim them into a "shape" are considered ungroomed. Apparently now we have adult men who look prepubescent making love with women who look the same....
    BUT, back to Russell and his armpits...I can't say I noticed that he'd shaved any more of his hair so maybe it was some kind of preemptive strike against BO that people had complained about before! I wonder if those infected spots were related.... waxing gone bad.

FORT Fogey

Men shaving their arm pits makes total sense to me. The hair holds odor and moisture and doesn't look good either. My ex husband shaves his. Not regularly but we live in Florida and it feels better to him. I support manscaping! Trim everything and wax your back!

I take the comment, the loser cries, as a typical misdirection since no one would think of Russell crying. Getting angry, sure, but no tears. If this is actually true I can also see Russell shedding a tear or two. This is a huge blow to his ego, so they are not born from sadness but more from horror that his reputation going down the tubes. He has a lot invested in making it to the finals again and winning.
    Last edited by shoepie; 03-05-2011 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Men shaving their arm pits makes total sense to me. The hair holds odor and moisture and doesn't look good either. My ex husband shaves his. Not regularly but we live in Florida and it feels better to him. I support manscaping! Trim everything and wax your back!

I take the comment, the loser cries, as a typical misdirection since no one would think of Russell crying. Getting angry, sure, but no tears. If this is actually true I can also see Russell shedding a tear or two. This is a huge blow to his ego, so they are not born from sadness but more from horror that his reputation going down the tubes. He has a lot invested in making it to the finals again and winning.
    This is exactly why I think Russell is more likely to cry than Matt is. For Matt, Survivor is a one time experience that he knew going in was a longshot to win, plus he has already sustained the bigger shock in being voted off by his tribemates in the first place. For Russell, not only has he lost AGAIN, but the whole Russell "myth" has been debunked by this early and definitive dismissal. Added salt in the wound: Rob, who he has written off as a loser, stays, and has survived possible elimination twice, unlike himself. I'm sure he will come up with some "spin" to arrogantly justify why this happened by the time of the reunion, but in the moment, his world is crashing down around him. Should be quite a spectacle to watch. Bring popcorn.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I agree goober makes more sense, but I heard guru and the closed captioning said guru. Not that CC is always correct, but on Survivor it is usually pretty good.
    If it was "guru" I wondered if it was something he picked up as a misunderstanding from an evangelical Christian background, from a discussion in which there was a reference to a leader in a South Asian religion as in someone who doesn't know the "truth".... as Matt didn't know the truth in this situation. Or maybe he meant "goober" but has misheard the word and mixed it up with guru... either way he's clearly not understood what it means. IF that's what he said... I guess we could list this as a question to ask Matt when he's gone!
    I don't use CC, but have seen it at the gym and things, and it's always making weird mistakes especially when pertaining to slang terms (which goober would be, I'm sure) ...I heard 'goober', anyway.
    I really don't think a person at Matt's educational level wouldn't know what a 'guru' is, no matter where or what background they come from. In fact I think most people over about 13 years old know. And even on the odd chance he did, I'm sure that by now he would have used the wrong term and quickly been corrected.

As to men shaving their underarms--too weird for me. If they had to do it, it should have been done a week ahead if it's not a regular thing, just to avoid the grossness like Russel has which is a result of too close shaving on skin that's not used to it, and sweat.
    Sorry, I am old school--not a fan of a whole bunch of body hair, but a bunch of 'manscaping' just looks weird to me. I guess waxing back and shoulders would be ok, but that's about it. If you want the hair off for hygenic reasons, WAX. It causes much less irritation after the initial shock.
    Last edited by queenb; 03-05-2011 at 02:12 PM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Men shaving their arm pits makes total sense to me. The hair holds odor and moisture and doesn't look good either. My ex husband shaves his. Not regularly but we live in Florida and it feels better to him. I support manscaping! Trim everything and wax your back! {snip}
    I hate seeing Ralph and that man-sweater of his. Geez, dude, wax alllll that off!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Ralph has to be playing stupid right? He isn'nt as incomprehensible in his confessionals as he is at tribal. Plus there is no way he spells "Ressell" on purpose.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011