+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 3/2 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 3/2 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I can totally see Russell crying if he gets eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb View Post
    I'm afraid Stephenie just isn't very smart at all. I see nothing to indicate otherwise.
    Actually, I think throwing a challenge can sometimes be beneficial, this likely being one of those times.
    If you are up by 5 or 6 players and need to adjust then I say sure, throw a challenge. Anything less is not playing a smart game because a merge will happen and you are sacrificing your numbers. As a strong tribe and a super majority (6 vs. 3) they should have just waited until they actually lost..it would happen at least once before they merged and they would not be giving the other tribe comforts that WILL make them stronger (seriously a tarp--yes, lets make it so they can easily get more rest! and stay dry).
    Also, if they merged the next day (Im sure it crosses their minds in a game with no set rules, so some may think they need to go ahead and throw this challenge and get rid of "Ressel") then there would still be Boston Rob and his band that probably despise ol' Russ--so he'd have no where to go.

I find it interesting that overall the Zap tribe is slightly older and have more professionals but I swear it seems like every season the people we would expect to make the wiser decisions do stupid stuff and the young kids make it to the end.

In short-Stupid move and I predict it will bite the Zap tribe in the end--I wouldnt be surprised if everything changes and we see the Ometepe tribesmen/women coast into the finale.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    I disagree. I absolutely think that Russell, in rage and frustration, would sob like a baby when finally knowing the jig is up. His bravado and arrogance is all a cover for some insecurity (short man syndrome or whatever), and he obviously has never learned how to laugh at himself or deal with defeat in an adult manner (see BRob for how to do that). That's why he constantly blames others for anything that goes wrong. I would almost expect Russell to act like a 2 year old when he gets his comeuppance.
    I am hoping this analysis is right, and Russell is totally removed from the game this round (or before the RI winner gets to come back).

I think it'll also explain a few other things I've found out recently (can't really say b/c they are spoilerish).

And yes, I think just about every elimination/defeat Rob has faced, he has handled it maturely. Even Marquesas he wasn't that bad - I think he kinda knew he'd be out just before Jury (10th place), because of how Rotu was playing going into the merge and overall (at the time) it being about 6-4 of Rotu/Old Rotu players. (Oh, if ONLY they had the machete reward challenge a week sooner, We'd had the Rotu stunt revealed, then a better final four as I think Rob would've also gotten Vee out because she was very sneaky - even if I think she played bad overall).

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    In short-Stupid move and I predict it will bite the Zap tribe in the end--I wouldnt be surprised if everything changes and we see the Ometepe tribesmen/women coast into the finale.
    It was a bold move but I don't think it was stupid. Maybe not the best strategy... we'll see. Here's a few points:
    • That tribe doesn't want Russell making it to the merge in any scenario.
    • They probably don't want the little yappy girl to make it either because she would vote against them.
    • They may be able to work with the blond... she would be the next to leave on that tribe though.
    • If you need to throw one, better to throw it now than later on, when something important may also be on the line

So I would think that they would need to lose 3 more times before it does bite them. And the peace of mind and confidence that your "team" gains from taking control of the tribe and getting rid of an annoyance will surely give them momentum going forward. I think they made a decent play.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    In a physical competition, I agree. I've been wondering: has the "duel" been predetermined for each leg, or will they adjust based on who is booted?
    I think they have designed all of the challenges to be a level playing field now that you mention this. I suppose they could bring out each challenge based on who is there but I don't think so. That is frought with problems and repercussions.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

JUst watching the tape... Matt says he felt like a "guru" when he got blindsided???? Wow...vocab issues? Or is this some new slang?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    JUst watching the tape... Matt says he felt like a "guru" when he got blindsided???? Wow...vocab issues? Or is this some new slang?
    I thought that Matt said he felt like a "goober" - not guru. In other words, he felt stupid for not having any clue that he was their target since he thought they all got along so well.

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I caught that too, PWS, but I thought possibly I misunderstood and that he used what I would consider an old slang, goober. It sure sounded like guru though.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

To the Point

I understood him to say "goober" as well.

Not impressed with the Redemption Challenge, kinda anti climatic. Really looking forward to a Russell blindside and Ralph being eliminated with an unplayed Immunity Idol and BAM...a whimmpy a$$ Tribal Council. Boring.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread