+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2/23 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 2/23 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I though it was hysterical when Rob got rid of Matt as he was doing exactly what Russell did during his first season.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I wonder how the ethical Philip is going to deal with the blindside of Matt. Probably in typical hypocritical fashion. I just hate when people claim to be righteous and put themselves on the high moral ground when they're just as devious as everyone else. He's letting the others do the dirty work so he can maintain his so-called virtue.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I have a feeling that last nights actions are going to bite Rob...sooner rather than later.
    Agreed. I don't think he is taking into account Redemption Island enough. A strong guy like Matt has a really good chance of coming back (Francesca seemed pretty strong as well).

I'm thinking you could always make up some story about how you sent Matt because he was part of your alliance and you KNEW he would be able to make it back, if he does show up again.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb View Post
    I'm thinking you could always make up some story about how you sent Matt because he was part of your alliance and you KNEW he would be able to make it back, if he does show up again.
    Maybe Rob will tell Matt that they got nervous when he went over to the other team and shook hands, congratulating them, etc. I think he'd kind of understand that. Forgiving it, however, now that's another story. I can't imagine anything else that might even come close to appeasing Matt.

If/when Matt returns, it could just be a duel to the death between he and Rob!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

IMO Rob made a huge mistake sending Matt to RI without at the very least waiting to find out what may go down at a duel. His best bet would have been to wait a week. He had the two women against him last week, and the unstable "agent" was in their alliance at first. You know that one of those players has an immunity idol, so you send in the other. This was the perfect time to do it because crazy guy was fully accepting the fact that he was on the outs. Tell him it's a test, a secret mission, whatever, and that when he makes it back as you know he will that they can start fresh knowing his former alliance is truly broken. He didn't give himself a chance to work RI into the equation. How is he going to play this if Matt makes it back? Matt likely won't be as easily controlled by him as the "federal employee". Rob showed his hand too fast.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal View Post
    IMO Rob made a huge mistake sending Matt to RI without at the very least waiting to find out what may go down at a duel. His best bet would have been to wait a week. He had the two women against him last week, and the unstable "agent" was in their alliance at first. You know that one of those players has an immunity idol, so you send in the other. This was the perfect time to do it because crazy guy was fully accepting the fact that he was on the outs. Tell him it's a test, a secret mission, whatever, and that when he makes it back as you know he will that they can start fresh knowing his former alliance is truly broken. He didn't give himself a chance to work RI into the equation. How is he going to play this if Matt makes it back? Matt likely won't be as easily controlled by him as the "federal employee". Rob showed his hand too fast.
    The winner of the duel wins the privilege of staying on RI, not of returning to camp. The loser of the duel goes home for good, the winner stays on Redemption Island until way later in the game when the RI Champion , if you will, will return to camp.

Rob won't know who won the duel between Matt and Francesca, because that person will still be on RI. No one in the game will know who beat who until they watch the seasons along with us.

If Matt makes it back, it'll be because he beat Francesa, and the person who is voted out this coming Wednesday, and the Wednesday after that, and the one after that... He's got to be pretty flawless.
    _(Moo!)

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I am sooooooooooo hoping that the clue Russell found was for the idol the farmer has already hidden...lmao
    I hope the farmer has. He maybe a little off but I think he will be one of my favorites because he is in no way intimidated by the great Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAmyG View Post
    The winner of the duel wins the privilege of staying on RI, not of returning to camp. The loser of the duel goes home for good, the winner stays on Redemption Island until way later in the game when the RI Champion , if you will, will return to camp.

Rob won't know who won the duel between Matt and Francesca, because that person will still be on RI. No one in the game will know who beat who until they watch the seasons along with us.

If Matt makes it back, it'll be because he beat Francesa, and the person who is voted out this coming Wednesday, and the Wednesday after that, and the one after that... He's got to be pretty flawless.
    I am liking the Redemption Island concept. But if you get there early (like Francesca and Matt, if you make it out, you'll have been through a rough road). That's a long time to be alone and not having any help. I wonder if they get to sit around and shmooze with the camera crew at least.

When is the "winner" determined and returned to the game?
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    I am liking the Redemption Island concept. But if you get there early (like Francesca and Matt, if you make it out, you'll have been through a rough road). That's a long time to be alone and not having any help. I wonder if they get to sit around and shmooze with the camera crew at least.

When is the "winner" determined and returned to the game?
    I had heard that it won't be until the final 5 (or around that). That's why I'm thinking that whoever gets back in the game would be someone who was a recent castoff. And who knows, they may get the revolving door treatment and ousted the first TC they're back. Which would really make this whole twist pointless. It'd be kind of interesting seeing someone like Matt, voted off pre-merge and pre-jury, enter the game at such a late phase when he'd really have no clue on what's going on or the dynamics. Someone like that could be a potential swing vote to another side. Since the newly ousted Survivor may be more apt to have gotten some good food rewards, they may come in with an advantage on RI when they get eliminated.

+ Reply to Thread