+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Survivor **SPOILERS** 2/16/11

FORT Fan

Re: Survivor **SPOILERS** 2/16/11

Love Rob, always have, always will. Sure, he can be cocky (although that has lessened as he's matured), but I don't see him as arrogant. He has a charm and a smile that take the edge off. He will scheme and manipulate to play the game, but I get the feeling he would give you the shirt off his back if you truly needed it. Bottom line is, he's very self-aware -- whereas Russell has zero self-awareness. Russell thinks he is god. He just barges through with his plan, expecting everyone to kowtow to him, and when it doesn't work he has no idea why.

In this season, I'd say Rob's greatest asset is the hero worship -- and I'm sure he'll use that for all it's worth -- while Russell's greatest drawback is that he is a known entity now. He wasn't in his past two seasons, so he got away with crap that people won't accept now.

As for Phillip . . . oh, my.
    A man of integrity doesn't have to TELL you he is a man of integrity.
    Any trained federal agent worth his salt knows not to share the fact that he's a trained federal agent.
    And for a man who can claims to have great strength in reading people, he read EVERYONE wrong.
    You can't have a meaningful exchange with someone when you correct them constantly, tell them when they're allowed to talk, and say "Look at me!" as he did to Kristina. Very entertaining, but what a nut job.

LOVED last night! This is going to be AWESOME!

Ok, Phillip, ugh. Every season, Survivor manages to find us a real live TOOL and he is IT! I actually kinda felt bad for him as he 'stumbled' over Fran's name at TC and then said something like he was being treated for his 'dry mouth'

That TC was a RIIOT!

Redemption Island looks scary and creepy.
    KAREN

Well, Survivor Redemption Island sure started off with a doozie at its first Tribal Council. Other that the "What if" segments (that I also hated) it was quite entertaining.

As for Phillip, well, you have to wonder about his mental state after witnessing pretty much everything that he said last night, and it began on day one. It would seem that they would have picked up on that during all of the psychological tests and background checks that I would assume were done on him. He sounds like a ticking timebomb.

I would not be surprised to see Phillip be the next person to go to Redemption Island either.
    Last edited by Longhornfan; 02-17-2011 at 01:20 PM.

Wow, best TC in a long while. Phillip, put your pants back on and shut your face. Dude will not last long with that attitude.

Bad move on Kristina's part to try and make a move on Rob when she didn't have the numbers. Much as I hate to admit it Phillip was right about that part-she did not have the numbers to get him out. Most of the tribe seems to be thankful for Rob being there, and keeping him around for a while is the smarter move.

I love that there are several strong personalities on the show, which means that Russell won't get all the airtime, I hope.

After an hour of watching Philip I did think he was a kind of secret agent - the ringer kind that the network plants. I'm sorry, I just can't swallow this guy is for real. Everything about him was ridiculous, from the "I'm a federal agent" to the saggy-ass pink drawers.

Anyway, whatever. I'm still in for the season. Go Boston Rob. Show those amateurs how it's done.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I loved the "man sweater" comment. I think purple may be my favourite team this year.

I am surprised that Phillip would pass any pyschological screening for either police service or Survivor. I think he will crack and it won't be pretty (hopefully the crack doesn't involve those underwear)
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

That was the most bizarre 1st tribal council ever. Great start to the season.

That was the best first tribal council I have ever seen. I can't remember when I laughed so hard at Survivor!
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

I think this is going to be one crazy season of Survivor! Please oh please someone give Phillip some shorts or a swimsuit! If I have to look at him in those fuschia man panties all the time I will hurl! The guy is a fruit loop! Being so anal retentent is going to get him voted off quickly.
    Don't these people watch Survivor? Don't they learn anything? You don't tell everyone you have the immunity idol! Look what happened at TC. Kristina's days are now numbered due to her stupidity.
    I don't like them bringing Rob and Russell back, I hope they get voted off fast. I doubt this will happen, these players seem pretty stupid.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by veejer View Post
    That was the best first tribal council I have ever seen. I can't remember when I laughed so hard at Survivor!
    Me too! I also loved watching Jeff's reaction, too. Philip trying to get everyone to stop talking in TC when he wanted to talk was hysterical.

Philip maybe worked in the mail room. He is just not smart enough to be in any job where trust and stealth is required. His need to have everyone know how important he is, is really quite sad.

Christina, oh, Christina, what can I say. She just didn't get it, AT ALL. Where did she think her numbers, to oust Rob, were coming from?! And why did she think Philip was anyone she wanted near her.

I never understand why the person who finds the idol has to share it with another. Just keep it hidden and be aware of when the tide turns so you can use it, for frick sake.

Rob may be able to use Philips stupidity to his advantage. He certainly knows not to share anything important with him!

This is going to be an interesting season. I adore Rob and always have.

+ Reply to Thread