+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Survivor **SPOILERS** 2/16/11

Re: Survivor **SPOILERS** 2/16/11

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I have trouble believing he was a federal agent. A Fed has to be able to keep a secret and Philip certainly does not have that ability. Maybe he means he worked with the Feds as a narc?
    My father worked in that arena for 30+ years. It's hard to actually fire people who don't perform, especially minorities (hate to say it, but it's a reality, remember the Fort Hood shooter?). Often times a problem is handled by transferring someone to another, less vital department or (ahem) to another agency. Could explain his three. Just a guess, though
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Endit View Post
    That is true, but just personally if I was on the game I'd want everybody to be on equal playing field with no experience. Just my opinion. I'd feel too threatened.
    Don't forget that in addition to the former NFL player and Farmer Ralph, they also have Marine Mike. I'm assuming he's relatively strong too.

By comparison, Rob's team is much weaker physically, and they're not looking so good mentally right now either. That might make Rob seem more like someone they need to keep around and it might make it easier for Rob to manipulate them, but if they can't win challenges or start fracturing too much internally, it's going to be very difficult for him to do much of anything.

At this point in the game, like it or not, Rob's team needs to keep him around. Vote him out and you lose both strength and experience in the challenges. Keep losing challenges and you go into the merge down in numbers and you're history.

And what is up with all the pink/fuscia undies this season?? How long will we have to wait before they start handing out some new ones? Phillip's are already stretched and saggy and at some point I expect the CBS blur will have to follow him around everywhere he goes. Can't they at least make sure these people wear proper undies that will stay PUT?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    At this point in the game, like it or not, Rob's team needs to keep him around. Vote him out and you lose both strength and experience in the challenges. Keep losing challenges and you go into the merge down in numbers and you're history.

And what is up with all the pink/fuscia undies this season?? How long will we have to wait before they start handing out some new ones? Phillip's are already stretched and saggy and at some point I expect the CBS blur will have to follow him around everywhere he goes. Can't they at least make sure these people wear proper undies that will stay PUT?
    There are times when I wish that instead of allowing them to arrive "with the clothes on their backs" that they'd give them some kind of Survivor uniform to wear for each team. Including appropriate underwear. Or establish a rule that people had to wear at least shorts and not just underwear. I mean, it may be awkward for the viewers, but can you imagine how it is for Phillip's teammates to have to see him in his undies 24/7? I felt the same way about Richard Hatch's penchant for public nudity. When you're living with a large number of other people, who are essentially strangers, just keep your clothes on, as the rest of them may not share your enthusiasm for life in the buff (pardon the pun).

Great episode all around!

I do wish that the whole "redemption island" thing had been kept a secret though - you wouldn't find out until you take the long walk off into the dark. Jeff comes to you and says, "Nope, no food and snuggly bed for you tonight - there's a new twist. . . . "

That way if someone is blindsided or voted off with some bad feelings, it could come back to bite you a little harder if they make it back in the game. This way, the thought that they could come back is sure to affect the choices and moves that get made.

I like this first ep too. Can't stand Phillip, what a jerk.

I don't follow what you guys mean by the "what if" moments... I must have missed that. Was it during a commercial break? My DVR skips commercials so that would explain it.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by scoot13 View Post
    I like this first ep too. Can't stand Phillip, what a jerk.

I don't follow what you guys mean by the "what if" moments... I must have missed that. Was it during a commercial break? My DVR skips commercials so that would explain it.
    Yes they had a video montage (when they cut to commercials) of a 'can you imagine' or what if during Season _____ if ______ had a chance to go to Redemption Island - think how many challenges _____ had won. Or ______ was blindsided so what if ______ was able to get an opportunity to challenge and get back in the game -

Other than "what if" I loved last night; best Survivor in ages. And while I don't know about the Redemption Island deal, I actually like having rob and Russell back. It seems to me that the others would be better off just not worrying too much about those two, and play the game. I thought it was funny that the three who were in the automatic alliance against Rob turned out to be dumb, dumber, and dumbest, with NONE able to keep a secret, or their mouths shut! If Phillip was an agent, he must have always been the one that played "bad cop'. What a tool. And sure, maybe people needed some advice, but he does NOT know how to give it. And if he actually did any work, I overlooked it.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

FORT Fan

Phillip = the Maxwell Smart of Survivor: Redemption Island.

And I have to say that Fuzzy Blob Man is really letting us down. Get to work, man! No one wants to see Phillip's droopy drawers!
    Last edited by judibug; 02-17-2011 at 12:49 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I have trouble believing he was a federal agent. A Fed has to be able to keep a secret and Philip certainly does not have that ability. Maybe he means he worked with the Feds as a narc?
    I think he meant to say he was a Federal Express agent. (No offense to FedEx employees!!) Seriously, can anyone imagine this guy in a federal analyst's role? I would love to know his true story.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden
    There are times when I wish that instead of allowing them to arrive "with the clothes on their backs" that they'd give them some kind of Survivor uniform to wear for each team. Including appropriate underwear. Or establish a rule that people had to wear at least shorts and not just underwear.
    Hey Tilden. I am with you being annoyed about their clothing. It is really irritating seeing these people arriving in suits and high heels. They should know after all these years Survivor has been on that they could be whisked to the location at any time. From the moment you left your house to participate, wouldn't you make sure you were always wearing comfortable, sturdy, useful Survivor attire?? I don't care if the producers told me we were going to a formal dinner party. I wouldn't go anywhere wearing anything other than full-on competition clothing.

And thanks for reminding me about Marine Mike. So they have Farmer Ralph, Football Steve, and Marine Mike. That's a lot of muscle to try to beat in physical challenges.
    Last edited by mushybrain; 02-17-2011 at 01:11 PM.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make it affects the people around you it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

+ Reply to Thread