+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Survivor:celebrity

Survivor:celebrity

Im not sure if this was/is a joke but Jeff Probst seemed pretty serious about it on the Jimmy Fallon show the other night. Basically, he was there to promote RI and asked Jimmy to do the Survivor Celebrity edition. Normally, Id write it off as a joke or just an idea of Jeff's but he had terms and everything--like there had been some discussion or even planning! He told Jimmy it would be for 7 days on an island and they would allow Jimmy 1 hour per day to tweet/e-mail updates to be released to his fans.

Anyone heard anything about this?! It could be awesome if they got real celebrities like Jimmy and made them actually play Survivor to some extent.

Re: Survivor:celebrity

I don't think he was serious at all. He sounded like he was joking. Because they talked about Jimmy's Twitter account in the same interview, he probably thought of the tweeting time comment. That's not much in the way of "terms." It was just talk show banter.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Besides, remember "Get me out of here, I'ma Celebrity" ? Pretty much the same thing.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

FORT Fan

I would watch it. Jeff said it would only last about a week and the money would go to charity.

Quote Originally Posted by klmom3 View Post
    I would watch it. Jeff said it would only last about a week and the money would go to charity.
    SEE!?! I know that Get Me Out of Here show was a hot mess (but, you have to know you are practically the Titanic if the best you can do is Spencer and Heidi) but I think SURVIVOR could actually get some fans like Jimmy Fallon, etc...people we would want to watch! Anybody heard anything else about this?!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Hasn't Survivor had celebrity editions overseas? And not the "I'm A Celebrity..." franchise (which seems to be popular in some parts). I know the UK did a celebrity Big Brother, so maybe that's what I'm thinking of.

I remember when Survivor first started and became a huge hit, Jay Leno did a spoof on his show, using celebrities. It included Jerry Mathers and Florence Henderson. They weren't banished to an island, just performed tasks on the set, voted someone off, and the winner got money for charity. I've actually been surprised that CBS hasn't tried a celebrity Survivor or Big Brother before, at least once, given all the gimmicks they try any other time. I doubt they'd get huge names (probably the C/D/F list DWTS gets) but it might be entertaining.

Since Jimmy Fallon's on NBC, I don't know if he could do a non-NBC related reality show I know networks are more inclined to use their own stars for celebrity reality shows, and I don't know how a competing network would go for it. I do love Jimmy Fallon; forget Jay and Conan, I wish he was hosting The Tonight Show

The Celebrity Mole was entirely different from the Mole. I think it appealed to a different demographic. I loved The Mole, and sort of enjoyed the celebrity version for different reasons. Although they were basically the same format, they were definitely a different show. IMHO

I follow Jeff on twitter, and I think he is serious. He is asking fans to lobby their favorite stars to do this. He said it would probably be like a 7 day thing, money going to charity. Names he has mentioned besides Fallon are Neil Patrick Harris, Pauley Paurette (sp?? Abby from NCIS), Chelsea Handler, Evel Dick from BB.

I think if they can keep it as close to REAL survivor it would be great. Start giving celebs leeway for this and that, and it turns into "Im a celebrity...get me outta here"
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Yeah, I think it would be really cool, if they actually made them suffer like on real Survivor (or how real Survivor used to be ). But it should be the full 39 days!

+ Reply to Thread