+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Russell Hantz - Redemption Island

Re: Russell Hantz - Redemption Island

I'm seriously hoping that Jeff's comments are only because he's being told to ask them by CBS and Burnett.

Seriously, Russell acts a hell of a lot worse than Johnny Fairplay (not my fave, but respect him for realizing the difference between game and real life), but they won't give him the time of day or another chance to come back. (Not that I want him too, but it is an argument). Probst hates Fairplay to the point he said he wouldn't do the show if he came back a third time (at least they can use the "I quit" in the first three days a reason to deny that chance).

I don't even like Hatch, but I respect his gameplay a hell of a lot more than Hantz's. Hatch would get Hantz's butt thrown out of the game quickly.

Seriously - if Hantz came back for a fourth time the show will lose a LOT of viewership. Hopefully there are enough people bouncing up the viewing next week to concur this feeling and we don't see him come back.

Wished he won his first season, but he has not learned the social aspect and has become unbearable to watch. I was glad the "dimwitted" contestant known as Ralph secured Hantz's ouster in the game. (I use it in quotes because while I think he is dim in some cases, he was smart enough to find the idol and not let Hantz know).

I am sure there are plenty of grunt work people behind the scenes that have the honor of perusing different message boards to see what is being said about the contestants. They might think Russell's fourth time around would rock.. UGH. I don't know though...the griping on message boards sure didn't do much for Ghost Whisperer when Jim came back as Sam. That ended it for me. Russell would do the same to Survivor for me....he's not even pleasant to look at!
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!!

I agree - Russell's game play has no redeeming qualities and with his attitude he's not real nice to look at (because you see the ugliness inside).

Fairplay, Hatch, Jerri (to a point), they were turkeys, but nice to look at and for the most part they understand the difference between game and reality. (Jerri is actually now one of my favorite contestants after her wonderful turnaround during H vs. V - WHY couldn't she have snagged that Immunity necklace from Hantz... WHY?! Seriously, Hantz was lucky that go or he wouldn't have been in the final three that go ).

CBS, if your reading this please listen - we're tired of Hantz. He's shown he's not going to change his game play, and I'm leaning toward comments that he spoiled this season given he was ousted so quickly (I don't buy his comments with his current interviews and attitude in them).

PLEASE don't put him on again - and if you MUST bring back people, bring back someone who has only played once and either was medically evac'd (Michael Supkin), or played once and was out before jury round (Hunter, Gina from Marquesas come to mind).

We don't want Russell, we want new faces and All-stars when you want to have them on who have only played it ONE OTHER TIME.

This guy just simply has no scruples and blames everyone for his losses except for himself. Even Hatch has scruples.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    I guess they are going to keep on until they rig it so that Russell can win. If you want to watch that interview, I suggest that you have a BARF BAG handy. Jeff just lost a lot of respect from this Survivor fan.
    I tried watching that interview and couldn't finish it. What a huge ego that little troll has!!! And Jeff was disgusting with his open adoration of him.
    I, for one, have had all the Russell I can possibly stomach. Johnny Fairplay gave me the heebeejeebees but Russell is close to making me physically ill. How on earth does someone like him get such an inflated ego???? And it's not an act......he truly belives in his own hype.
    yuck, yuck, yuck.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'm guessing Russell will be the first third boot ever to get more face time at the reunion than anyone else. I like Russell, though I'm over him. He's never going to win unless the producers rig it for him. Doing RI was a way to get him back in the game and he lost at that. So I hope this is the last time, and if he is on another AS edition, hopefully he's gone first. I can't believe even former players would keep him around. Even if he changed his game up, he'd still be a marked man.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I hate Russell and hope we never see his ugly troll face again.

When he lost and cried like a little b*tch. He tried to say it was because he loved the game too much to purposely lose and weaken his team. HELLO??? Isn't this the guy who got a kick out of weakening his teammates, just to get on camera? Sorry Dude, we all know the truth, you cried like a little b*tch because you are a sore loser - you have been since the first time you lost. And then you were again the second time you lost. So, why wouldn't it be the same the third time you lost? (Also, he obviously loves the game so much that he is willing to spoil the seasons he's been on and break his contract).

Hopefully, we will not see him getting another chance to play this game. But, if the little troll comes back, then we can watch him cry again when he loses again, because there is no way he can win this game unless the producers hire a bunch of actors with scripts to let him win....and hey....who knows how far they will go to get their beloved Russell a win?

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    Hopefully, we will not see him getting another chance to play this game. But, if the little troll comes back, then we can watch him cry again when he loses again, because there is no way he can win this game unless the producers hire a bunch of actors with scripts to let him win....and hey....who knows how far they will go to get their beloved Russell a win?
    CBS couldn't let them get away with that - "Manhunt" comes to mind where there were lawsuits and proof (pretty much glaring evidence) that it was refilmed so the show's "annointed one" would win instead of who did.

I'm somehow thankful for that IMHO stupid show now because it did alert many of us to potential rigging of the show.

Sometimes I wonder if Stacy from season 1's claim that the show was rigged to have contestants vote a certain way had some veracity to it now.

I thought Russell was the best thing to happen to Survivor in years during his first season. The show had become stale & the contestants boring & predictable.
    He was still fun to watch during H vs V. The other contestants still didn't know his routine, so it worked again. Both times I enjoyed seeing the lackluster contestants learn what it was like to play against someone who really WAS playing the game - HARD & mercilessly.
    This time, the other contestants were on to his game & he was just plain irritating to watch. His shtick got real old real fast, & his attitude grated on my nerves.
    Granted, he changed Survivor back to what it used to be, but his 15 minutes are up & I don't want him back again.

Boston Rob, on the other hand, is still entertaining. Maybe even more so, & much more likeable. I'd take him back again.
    Midol likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Jeff Probst really needs to come out of the closet. No straight man says "Russell, Russell, Russell!" - TWICE - at a reunion show, then does an ego-stroking interview like that without having the world's heaviest man crush.

I think the final verdict among nearly everyone here is correct: Russell did breathe some life into the show (even if he was the most annoying thing on the planet right from the start), but this time around he was as entertaining as a skipping recording of the "Macarena". The only entertainment value he provided this season was watching him get deliberately booted... and if they go there again, that will be a bore, too. He's done.

Further, his "brilliant gameplay" has been finally proven to be only half a strategy. He'll never win unless his boyfriend Jeffie changes the rules of the game. Take note CBS: Do that - or bring the troll back in any way - and you'll lose me and thousands of other viewers. Do that, and Survivor will no doubt soar right over the shark.

The Russa Hayntz dynasty is done. Find someone new and more entertaining, who can actually add something to the show.
    Last edited by CuckoosNest; 03-14-2011 at 05:02 PM.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I'm seriously hoping that Jeff's comments are only because he's being told to ask them by CBS and Burnett.

Seriously, Russell acts a hell of a lot worse than Johnny Fairplay (not my fave, but respect him for realizing the difference between game and real life), but they won't give him the time of day or another chance to come back. (Not that I want him too, but it is an argument). Probst hates Fairplay to the point he said he wouldn't do the show if he came back a third time (at least they can use the "I quit" in the first three days a reason to deny that chance).

I don't even like Hatch, but I respect his gameplay a hell of a lot more than Hantz's. Hatch would get Hantz's butt thrown out of the game quickly.

Seriously - if Hantz came back for a fourth time the show will lose a LOT of viewership. Hopefully there are enough people bouncing up the viewing next week to concur this feeling and we don't see him come back.

Wished he won his first season, but he has not learned the social aspect and has become unbearable to watch. I was glad the "dimwitted" contestant known as Ralph secured Hantz's ouster in the game. (I use it in quotes because while I think he is dim in some cases, he was smart enough to find the idol and not let Hantz know).
    It's Fairplays behavior on other shows-he purposely deficated in someone's bed on another reality show. Can't remember the name of the show, but they were making a horror movie using reality tv people.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

+ Reply to Thread