+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Russell Hantz - Redemption Island

Re: Russell Hantz - Redemption Island

Quote Originally Posted by scoot13 View Post
    I could be wrong.. but wasn't this the first opportunity to get rid of him? They haven't lost yet have they?

Or do you mean they should have thrown a challenge earlier in the game and got rid of him?
    I guess you're right...it was the first opportunity to get rid of him. Hadn't thought about that but even in the last couple Survivors (with Russell) no one seems to want to vote him out quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I guess you're right...it was the first opportunity to get rid of him. Hadn't thought about that but even in the last couple Survivors (with Russell) no one seems to want to vote him out quickly.
    Nobody in his first two shows had the opportunity to see his gameplay. These people did and ousted him immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Nobody in his first two shows had the opportunity to see his gameplay. These people did and ousted him immediately.
    'Cause they ain't dumb!

I wanted to kick Jeff when he was yammering about voting out one of the best players of all time. Yeah, right, Jeff..whatever.

He didn't say likeable
    I have to agree; Russell was damn good at this game the first two times. For just one thing--dictating who will be voted out almost every if not every TC, never mind making it to final 2, when pretty much NOBODY likes you, is quite a feat.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb View Post
    He didn't say likeable
    I have to agree; Russell was damn good at this game the first two times. For just one thing--dictating who will be voted out almost every if not every TC, never mind making it to final 2, when pretty much NOBODY likes you, is quite a feat.
    But the problem with Russell's strategy/gameplay is it only works when you don't see it coming, so in essence, once. It had a very quick expiration date, and he was too arrogant to anticipate that he needed to change it up somewhat if it was going to continue to be effective once people knew what to expect from him.
    Midol likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    But the problem with Russell's strategy/gameplay is it only works when you don't see it coming, so in essence, once. It had a very quick expiration date, and he was too arrogant to anticipate that he needed to change it up somewhat if it was going to continue to be effective once people knew what to expect from him.
    That's my problem with him. He refused to even acknowledge the social aspect of the game, then he thinks he can play the exact same way for a 3rd time. Sheer idiocy.

Everyone knows his schtick, so for him to not change it up shows just how stupidly arrogant he is.

He deserves to have his arse handed to him on a platter tonight by Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat View Post
    That's my problem with him. He refused to even acknowledge the social aspect of the game, then he thinks he can play the exact same way for a 3rd time. Sheer idiocy.

Everyone knows his schtick, so for him to not change it up shows just how stupidly arrogant he is.

He deserves to have his arse handed to him on a platter tonight by Matt.
    From your keyboard to God's ears.
    Welcome to the party
    Team Ward

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    I completely agree! Except that even if he had changed his strategy, no one would believe him or take the chance. I think he was doomed right from the start.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    I completely agree! Except that even if he had changed his strategy, no one would believe him or take the chance. I think he was doomed right from the start.
    i think he was doomed from the start too..... i really liked him the first time he played...i thought it was cool to see him go on his own, search and find the idols. but he ran his course the first time. the 2nd time, i think he just got lucky enough to get the girls to stand behind him and do it again. 3rd time - no luck - bye bye Russell!!!!! and if he is the one who gave the spoilers out.... i hope they sue the pants off him!
    Midol likes this.

...and the 3 time loser goes out like a crying baby. Seems fitting, somehow.

+ Reply to Thread