+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Russell Hantz - Redemption Island

Re: Russell Hantz - Redemption Island

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest View Post
    Well, looks like all that karma has finally come back around.

And yes... I did a happy dance. Nobody ever deserved an early boot more.
    I was doing the dance right there with ya! Now if he can only get his a** handed to him at redemption I will be a happy happy gal! WOOOOOO HOOOOO

Russell isn't any worse than Rob, both boring, how many times are they going to bring these two back? Both egotistical blow holes. I've seen better players on Survivor what's with CBS and these two braggers?

Quote Originally Posted by Stump View Post
    Rob is just Russell in sheep's clothing.
    Yes, EXACTLY. But here's the thing: Rob understands that he has the wear the sheep's clothing to get anywhere in the game. Translation: He's actually acknowledging and playing the social aspect of the game.

Russell has never and will never condescend to wear sheep's clothing. He's convinced he's the greatest thing since sliced bread, and if people don't recognize that, they're "bitches" (his words, not mine.) He's convinced that if the game demands a social aspect then it's the game that's flawed, not him. He's convinced that when no one votes for him at FTC, it's because they're unnecessarily and unjustifyably "bitter", and that it couldn't possibly be connected to anything he did.

This wolf's ego is SO bloated that sheep's clothing could never cover it. And this is why he loses.

Rob's got a big, fat ego as well. But he manages to keep it (mostly) in check around the other players. And there's the difference. He's just as much of a threat - if not more - than Russell... yet he's still in the game.

Last night confirmed once and for all that Russell's strategy doesn't work. He expected to win this time around by being the biggest bastard in the history of the game... that only got him voted out. And rightly so.

Here's hoping that he gets his backside handed to him on a plate by Matt at RI next week.
    Midol likes this.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest View Post
    Yes, EXACTLY. But here's the thing: Rob understands that he has the wear the sheep's clothing to get anywhere in the game. Translation: He's actually acknowledging and playing the social aspect of the game.

Russell has never and will never condescend to wear sheep's clothing. He's convinced he's the greatest thing since sliced bread, and if people don't recognize that, they're "bitches" (his words, not mine.) He's convinced that if the game demands a social aspect then it's the game that's flawed, not him. He's convinced that when no one votes for him at FTC, it's because they're unnecessarily and unjustifyably "bitter", and that it couldn't possibly be connected to anything he did.

This wolf's ego is SO bloated that sheep's clothing could never cover it. And this is why he loses.

Rob's got a big, fat ego as well. But he manages to keep it (mostly) in check around the other players. And there's the difference. He's just as much of a threat - if not more - than Russell... yet he's still in the game.

Last night confirmed once and for all that Russell's strategy doesn't work. He expected to win this time around by being the biggest bastard in the history of the game... that only got him voted out. And rightly so.

Here's hoping that he gets his backside handed to him on a plate by Matt at RI next week.
    You said everything I wanted to say. Let me add that Russell's strategy does work, but only once (twice if the second group it is played on has never seen it before). I am so glad that the argument that Russell is ONLY missing the social game has been put to rest. Rob, OTOH, has developed a great social game as well as an understanding of how to adjust his strategy to conditions on the ground. Russell is too arrogant/ignorant to even consider doing this. The fact that Rob has survived two tribal councils so far, while Russell not only got voted out (and blindsided) at the first opportunity, but his tribe even threw the challenge in order to have that opportunity (and he knows it), is evidence of this. And priceless. Yay. If that doesn't deflate his ego, nothing will.
    Midol likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    The fact that Rob has survived two tribal councils so far, while Russell not only got voted out (and blindsided) at the first opportunity, but his tribe even threw the challenge in order to have that opportunity (and he knows it), is evidence of this. And priceless. Yay. If that doesn't deflate his ego, nothing will.
    Well, I'm pretty sure there is NOTHING that can deflate that guy's ego!! He has gone completely beyond egotist land straight through to narcissist island. I was so glad to see his torch snuffed.

I usually despise when a tribe throws a challenge, but in this case, I think it was the smartest thing they could do (which remains to be seen, of course). Allowing Russell to hang around enables him to try to create dissension among the tribe, which leads to broken alliances. It also gives him time to find idols to keep himself around and to control the game. (The only thing that would have been more satisfying about Russell's ouster last night would have been if Ralph had hidden a really good fake immunity idol and Russell had found it and played it. That would have been priceless!)

I am really happy we won't have to see as much of him now. Here's hoping that Matt kicks that troll butt, pustule armpits creep in the duel.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make it affects the people around you it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

Next week's duel at RI will literally be "good" vs "evil". If Matt can beat Russell next week and send him home, that would be beyond sweet!!!!

GO MATT!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    Next week's duel at RI will literally be "good" vs "evil". If Matt can beat Russell next week and send him home, that would be beyond sweet!!!!

GO MATT!!!!!!
    I so hope Rob picks the colored rock next week and gets to witness for himself Russell trying to save his own ass on RI. And of course that Russell loses.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

And, oh, the deliciousness of Russell NOT being able to find the idol, even with a clue. Hooray for Ralph on that score.

Hubby wasn't home last night, so I DVR'd Survivor for him. Can't wait to see it a second time.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    I so hope Rob picks the colored rock next week and gets to witness for himself Russell trying to save his own ass on RI. And of course that Russell loses.

that would be the cherry on top!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    And, oh, the deliciousness of Russell NOT being able to find the idol, even with a clue. Hooray for Ralph on that score...
    Of course, he couldn't have found something that wasn't there . I wonder how many times he might have looked where the idol had been, but, of course, it was empty.

I've wondered just how Ralph, who wasn't even looking for it, stumbled upon it so quickly. Here's what I think happened: the camera crew (in front of him) was walking backwards filming him, and someone was silently pointing towards the tree with the idol. Wouldn't surprise me a bit Seriously, it's hard to say that idol was hidden.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

+ Reply to Thread