+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Russell Hantz - Redemption Island

Re: Russell Hantz - Redemption Island

Quote Originally Posted by scoot13 View Post
    Well he is 2 for 2 in winning "America's Player" so I guess he is not as big of a loser as Rob.
    Yeh, snagging a beautiful wife who won a million dollars and then going on to be the sweetheart of a big-three TV network's reality TV line-up... that's a loser all right.

In all fairness, I used to detest this guy. Best things that ever happened to Rob were a) age, b) maturity and c) Russell. Next to Russell he looks like Dale Carnegie.
    Midol likes this.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest View Post
    Yeh, snagging a beautiful wife who won a million dollars and then going on to be the sweetheart of a big-three TV network's reality TV line-up... that's a loser all right.
    Moot point, they would both be winners in your scenario.

Okay. I'll freely admit to detesting Russell Hantz. He's been like fingernails on a chalkboard for me since his first appearance on Samoa. And I've adamantly defended the argument that he's only half the "greatest player ever"... able to manipulate the game perhaps better than any other player ever, but entirely unwilling to acknowledge the social aspect of the game and therefore shooting himself in the foot.

His first two seasons on Survivor were back-to-back. Accordingly, he didn't have a chance to watch his performance and recalibrate his game. The only - repeat ONLY - thing I was looking forward to this season where he was concerned was seeing if he learned, made adjustments and really came back to win instead of just re-stroking his bloated, Napoleonesque ego.

After last night's show, I can officially say that Russell Hantz is probably one of the worst players ever... or at least one of the most stubborn and stupid. Once again, he's playing the EXACT same game: get people voted off left and right, alienate them entirely, and then expect them to admire and respect him in the end. And, once again, the best-case scenario for him is to make it to the end, only to be unacknowledged by a justifiably "bitter jury."

Poking around for a HII, then stealing the clue from the basket, were just dumb, dumb, DUMB moves. This round of contestants benefits from having already seen Russell in action and witnessing how he plays the game. Russell refuses to take this into consideration... instead, he thinks that the only thing his fellow tribemates should have learned from his previous seasons is that he should be feared and worshipped. Please. In his last season, he benefited from NOT being known... you think the dunderhead would realize that just the opposite is true this time around. Nope.

He even repeated two classic RH lines: "You're either with me or against me" and "I'M RUSSA HAYNTZ!!!" Are you kidding me? Dude, I know you think you're the most entertaining thing in the history of reality TV, but this crap is getting OLD. Seriously, it's time for some new schtick.

I don't think Rob is a perfect player, but RH could learn a thing or two from him. One: Don't underestimate others. Ever. Two: You catch a lot more bees with honey than vinegar... being confrontational and pushy isn't going to get you far when you've already got a bad reputation.

I'm fairly certain Russell is in for a rude awakening. He's never admitted to dodging a bullet on All-Stars... this time I don't think he's going to be so lucky. He may have an alliance of three, but that certainly isn't a majority.

And PS - Russell: The people you've aligned with are WOMEN, not "girls", you sexist jerk.
    Midol likes this.

I don't think Rob is a perfect player, but RH could learn a thing or two from him. One: Don't underestimate others. Ever. Two: You catch a lot more bees with honey than vinegar... being confrontational and pushy isn't going to get you far when you've already got a bad reputation.
    Please... those guys are two peas in a pod. I don't like either one of them but Rob is just as bad as Russell as far as underestimating his opponents.

I quote this line from him: "Yeah, I get it. Matt is playing Survivor. He's playing text book... but he is playing with ME". (sounds JUST like something Russell would say)

A comment like that exudes overconfidence and is just begging for a blindside.

Another similarity is that they are both prone to a temper tantrum when they don't get their way. They also love to throw out words that have no meaning to them (like loyalty) but are purely to manipulate others with.

It was obvious in TAR that Rob has no regard for his fellow competitors. He just tries to con you into believing that he does. Russell doesn't bother with that.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I don't like the guy, but he makes it fun to watch.
    He plays hard & never gives up, & is always thinking.
    I'm so sick of Hook-Up Survivor, & all the lazy young model hopefulls who think this a camp out to make friends on.
    Russell calls them out on this, if only to the camera.
    A jerk, but TV gold.
    Agree completely. He's a colossal jerk, but he does manage to make it interesting. Didn't Rob used to be the big scum-bag of the game? That says a lot about how effortlessly Russell can stink up a joint.

Quote Originally Posted by scoot13 View Post
    Please... those guys are two peas in a pod. I don't like either one of them but Rob is just as bad as Russell as far as underestimating his opponents.

I quote this line from him: "Yeah, I get it. Matt is playing Survivor. He's playing text book... but he is playing with ME". (sounds JUST like something Russell would say)

A comment like that exudes overconfidence and is just begging for a blindside.

Another similarity is that they are both prone to a temper tantrum when they don't get their way. They also love to throw out words that have no meaning to them (like loyalty) but are purely to manipulate others with.

It was obvious in TAR that Rob has no regard for his fellow competitors. He just tries to con you into believing that he does. Russell doesn't bother with that.
    Yeh, I have to agree with just about everything you say here. I do, however, think that Rob is better at identifying real threats in the game, whereas Russell just goes after anybody who dares cross him. But that's open to debate. But the temper tantrum thing is very true. That said, you didn't see Rob freakin' POUT like a 4-year-old at any of the reunion shows.

What I don't understand is why I'm liking Rob. In the Marquesas, I couldn't wait for him to be gone. Ditto on TAR. Now, I kinda dig the guy. Can't explain it. Maybe it's because my gut says he's not such an enormous jerk away from the game... or that he used to be, and learned/grew from his past performances. The same gut says Russell is the same exact royal douche in real life as he is on Survivor, if not worse.
    Midol likes this.

FORT Fogey

Okay. I'll freely admit to detesting Russell Hantz. He's been like fingernails on a chalkboard for me since his first appearance on Samoa. And I've adamantly defended the argument that he's only half the "greatest player ever"... able to manipulate the game perhaps better than any other player ever, but entirely unwilling to acknowledge the social aspect of the game and therefore shooting himself in the foot.

His first two seasons on Survivor were back-to-back. Accordingly, he didn't have a chance to watch his performance and recalibrate his game. The only - repeat ONLY - thing I was looking forward to this season where he was concerned was seeing if he learned, made adjustments and really came back to win instead of just re-stroking his bloated, Napoleonesque ego.

After last night's show, I can officially say that Russell Hantz is probably one of the worst players ever... or at least one of the most stubborn and stupid. Once again, he's playing the EXACT same game: get people voted off left and right, alienate them entirely, and then expect them to admire and respect him in the end. And, once again, the best-case scenario for him is to make it to the end, only to be unacknowledged by a justifiably "bitter jury."

Poking around for a HII, then stealing the clue from the basket, were just dumb, dumb, DUMB moves. This round of contestants benefits from having already seen Russell in action and witnessing how he plays the game. Russell refuses to take this into consideration... instead, he thinks that the only thing his fellow tribemates should have learned from his previous seasons is that he should be feared and worshipped. Please. In his last season, he benefited from NOT being known... you think the dunderhead would realize that just the opposite is true this time around. Nope.

He even repeated two classic RH lines: "You're either with me or against me" and "I'M RUSSA HAYNTZ!!!" Are you kidding me? Dude, I know you think you're the most entertaining thing in the history of reality TV, but this crap is getting OLD. Seriously, it's time for some new schtick.

I'm fairly certain Russell is in for a rude awakening. He's never admitted to dodging a bullet on All-Stars... this time I don't think he's going to be so lucky. He may have an alliance of three, but that certainly isn't a majority.

And PS - Russell: The people you've aligned with are WOMEN, not "girls", you sexist jerk.
    Every word.

I would love to see Russel booted next week. Russel only has two "girls." If everyone is on their toes, they can get him easily.

CuckoosNest: I love your post on Russel. You said it perfectly.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Shoepie & JavaJo: Thanks, both. Ain't it the truth? I gotta say, when Russell gets the boot - and this time I'm pretty sure he's going to - I'm gonna dance the happiest happy-dance I can muster. This guy just needs a good ol' beyotch-slap, and I think this season he's gonna finally get one!

I got the impression that Russell is going to do something nasty and petty next week. Something dumb to show people you don' mess with Russel Hantz. Burn something, hide something... and that's going to be that. He'll be out asap.

+ Reply to Thread